Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties

Old May 31, 2012, 8:15 am
Original Poster

all 4.
Old May 31, 2012, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
better rumor..............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/m...ic-tie-up.html

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sha...ry_id=20133972

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
all 4.

Last edited by BKKLEE; May 31, 2012 at 8:32 am
Old May 31, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
not a rumor - the release went out this morning, Marriott is buying the brand and will operate them under their current brand flags (ie they will remain Gaylord branded hotels)
Old May 31, 2012, 9:05 am
Suspended

Wow, that is indeed news!
Old May 31, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.hotelbusiness.com/hb/link...s.asp?ID=43247
Old May 31, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Awesome! I do many Gaylord conferences and always hate that there are no points for the stays. I've even stayed in the DFW North FS and driven back and forth to conferences when it's cheaper so that I could get the points. That's never been practical with the Nashville and MD properties.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No mention on how or if they will participate in MR.

Autograph Collection?
Old May 31, 2012, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
What she said.

BTW - for those who were wondering which properties, this is from the press release.

"Gaylord Hotels include Gaylord Opryland® in Nashville, Tennessee; Gaylord Palms® in Kissimmee, Florida near Orlando; Gaylord Texan® on Lake Grapevine near Dallas, Texas, and Gaylord National® on the Potomac in National Harbor, Maryland, near Washington, D.C."

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
"Gaylord CEO Colin Reed said this morning that Gaylord should reap benefits from “(Marriott’s) expansive sales force and unique benefits such as its Marriott Rewards program” that gives perks to frequent guests."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1
Old May 31, 2012, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jump
"Gaylord CEO Colin Reed said this morning that Gaylord should reap benefits from “(Marriott’s) expansive sales force and unique benefits such as its Marriott Rewards program” that gives perks to frequent guests."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1
We'll see how it shakes out. Could be like the Cosmo in Vegas or as Vicki mentions, Autograph Collection.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:10 pm

I kept wondering when Gaylord was going to do something... I just couldn't see it being a big player with the small number of hotels. (I am not a big fan of the Gaylord hotels.. bigger is not always better IMHO)
Old May 31, 2012, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Autograph Collection?
They will be their own brand...they will remain under the "Gaylord" brand, due to the way the agreement was written and the mention of an incentive fee in year one I assume they is a result of cost efficiencies and the power behind MR to generate revenues
Old May 31, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I kept wondering when Gaylord was going to do something... I just couldn't see it being a big player with the small number of hotels. (I am not a big fan of the Gaylord hotels.. bigger is not always better IMHO)
Gaylord certainly has it's place in the market - they are great for doing really large meetings and they do them quite well I might add
Old May 31, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by socrates
Gaylord certainly has it's place in the market - they are great for doing really large meetings and they do them quite well I might add
My company definitely agrees with you. These hotels fit us well when we have to have a full sales meeting with all all divisions present - there just aren't that many hotels of the size we need.

We have a meeting scheduled in Nashville property for a week in July...our 2nd at this property. We have had (1) at MCO, and at least 3 at the Texas property.

And I have to say - overall, they do a decent job, have the people in place to handle what is needed, and provide some "interest" for the sales force versus just a plain convention hotel.

BUT - as I reminded the Region Managers today - we master bill all rooms and banquet all meals so the visions of "points to come" are truly that - a vision.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by socrates
Having been to quite a few... maybe it's better on the organizor side but as an attendee... I was not overly impressed. They seemed about the same as the conferences held by the same sponsors at other sites. But it's the overall size of the hotel that I don't like.

(Actually I realized this year that several of the conferences I do that have an Orlando rotation seemed to have left Gaylord for other hotels there....wonder why?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.