Search

LNFs being combined - mandatory?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First

made 5 seperate reservations for 5-consecutive nights (next year) at same hotel and plan to later CXL 2-nights once flight reservations can be booked..... Best Available Rates were not the same for each night (ranging from 10,000 to 13,00RUB/night), however I did find a comparison site offering the same hotel over the same 5-nights each for less (all nights at 9000RUB) then the BAR rates originally booked..........
Filed an LNF claim one at a time for each of the 5 reservations.....
Received a positive response from LNF that my LNF was approved for the total 5-nights however they UNILATERALLY aggregated the 5 seperate reservations into a single 5-night reservation......

When I replied to LNF folks that I wanted to maintain the 5-SEPERATE reservations they replied that according to the T&Cs that consecutive nights must be aggregated and site Rule 8, "Comparison Rates applicable to only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored."
Now I'm only a lawyer for nearly 30-yrs so obviously I have no idea of how to read, but my understanding of their cited rule would mean if you had 3-seperate reservations with LNFs approved only on first and third but not second night that you could not use the approval of nights 1 & 3 to validate an LNF rate for night #2, but I'm open to any comments from FT'ers.......

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jul 19, 2012 at 12:13 am
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold

What site did u use for comparison?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did your comparison rate require a minimum stay?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

no........... and as previously stated, that's why I was easily able to book the nights 1-by-1........ and then filed LNFs 1-by-1 too..........

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did your comparison rate require a minimum stay?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I just had a 2-night LNF rate stay at the Algonquin NY, which was booked as 2 1-night stays due to different comparison rates. Everything was kept separate, to the point that I paid for the 1st night the morning after (using gift cards), and had to have my key cards re-coded. They also posted separately on my MR account.

The one time I had a hotel combine a reservation like this, I had booked 2 different rates, and the combined reservation reverted to the higher rate. After politely hitting the roof, I got them to re-separate the reservations. I suggest you do the same.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

sounds like you were 1 for 1 and after the hotel did their thing wound up 2-0........great, now if ONLY I could get the LNF Department to understand what they did was NOT required, by their rule cited or any other rule.............. if I can't then I guess my 2nd course of action is to get the hotel to seperate the aggregated 5-nights into 5-seperate reservations (as they were originally made)............now if only I knew cyrillic!!

Originally Posted by Twickenham
I just had a 2-night LNF rate stay at the Algonquin NY, which was booked as 2 1-night stays due to different comparison rates. Everything was kept separate, to the point that I paid for the 1st night the morning after (using gift cards), and had to have my key cards re-coded. They also posted separately on my MR account.

The one time I had a hotel combine a reservation like this, I had booked 2 different rates, and the combined reservation reverted to the higher rate. After politely hitting the roof, I got them to re-separate the reservations. I suggest you do the same.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:38 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I hear pulling a DYKWIA like certain people on this site always seem to do in the threads works magnificently
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I've had an LNF rate for 3 nights before (although it was booked as such) and when I had to cut the trip short by 1 day, I emailed Customer Care and they amended it without any charge or fuss so when you know your dates for sure, try that.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

THXs - I'd easily opt for this (simple) option if I hadn't tried to cut short a previous LNF over a period of nights that I also wanted to cut short only to be informed that this could only be done IF the comparison sites rates were still valid........... that's why I wanted 5-SEPERATE reservations so once I had flights available (and I have no control over when SU will post them so I can buy them - might be tomorrow, but might also not be for several months) I could just CXL the nights 1-by-1 that I wouldn't be using and no problems asking CS which might not do what you're suggesting......

Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
I've had an LNF rate for 3 nights before (although it was booked as such) and when I had to cut the trip short by 1 day, I emailed Customer Care and they amended it without any charge or fuss so when you know your dates for sure, try that.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
A colleague of mine had this happen too - he just redid the claims, somebody else accepted them and had no problem with this. Seems that there is one single person at the LNF-desk making up his or her own rules once in a while...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
You've read the rule incorrectly.

It means if you book ONE reservation that is 3-nights long, with an average of say, $100/night, you can't go online and find a website that offers one of those nights at < $100 and use that to validate your LNF claim. You need to look at the cost being charges for all 3 nights.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by djohannw
A colleague of mine had this happen too - he just redid the claims, somebody else accepted them and had no problem with this. Seems that there is one single person at the LNF-desk making up his or her own rules once in a while...

Greetings - Dirk
I agree with Dirk - this is purely the staff that handles your case misinterpreted the rule. This has happened to me all the times - wrong calculation, deny my claim because they don't know what they are doing......

One thing I have experienced all the time - you have 1 shot to argue against your case. I tried it with 2 email exchanges, their mind are set no matter what you said.

So I'd file another series of claims if I were you - since your stay won't be until next year, sometimes you can even score lower rate that you have to file another claim anyway.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:46 am
Suspended

I have had them do that to me, as well. I was under the assumption that they could be split off at a later date, if you did not want them all. I am assuming that they are being booked under the same name/account number.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

and this WAS done, night-by-night, all of which had the same lower rate found against various higher rates night-by-night, so show me where there's this rule that once each LNF claim is approved one-by-one that afterwards they MUST be aggregated cause it sure isn't the one being cited (and it sure isn't any of the others either)..........

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
You've read the rule incorrectly.

It means if you book ONE reservation that is 3-nights long, with an average of say, $100/night, you can't go online and find a website that offers one of those nights at < $100 and use that to validate your LNF claim. You need to look at the cost being charges for all 3 nights.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

yes, same name/MR acct number and befiore I was previously "burned" I also was under the assumption that an approved say 5-nighter (all at the same approved lower price) could be cut down to 3-nights, but after being burned last time found out that my assumption wasn't correct, thus this time I made the initial reservations 1-by-1, filed individual LNFs 1-by-1, but when they were approved, the approver DEMANDED to aggregate them into a signle reservation.........

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I have had them do that to me, as well. I was under the assumption that they could be split off at a later date, if you did not want them all. I am assuming that they are being booked under the same name/account number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.