Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
think you'll find this question previously responded to (and it really belongs in the ongoing thread on this topic)

Yes
Yes

Originally Posted by LegalEagle
Question for our Marriott Representative:
The 2012 Summer Megabonus ends August 31st. Will a stay checking in on August 31, checking out the morning of Sept. 1, count as a qualifying stay for the Summer Megabonus?
Second question: Do stays at the Senior Rate Qualify?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Yes.

The only chain that I know of that does not count the "end date" is Carlson Club by Radisson. Marriott has historically considered the check-in on the last stated date of a promotion to qualify for the promotion.

However, it is never bad to re-check anything you are told online by a source within Marriott be it the Marriott Concierge here, or just by calling Marriott reservations or customer service.
I had this same question as I have a stay starting on August 31 with checkout on September 2. I have the Summer Bonus and Welcome Back Bonus running concurrently so I earn 2 nights for 2 stays. So I was thinking of doing a one-night mattress run locally in the coming week since it would mean I would pay for one extra night but earn 2 nights in return.

I chatted online with Marriott customer service and was told that my stay had to end by August 31 to qualify for the Summer Bonus. If that's the case then I'd be wasting my time and money doing a mattress run.

Any ideas for getting a definitive answer on this question?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Mail the Marriott Conceirge on this forum and ask her for a response or for her to post her response.

As far as I know, Marriott has always had the last day for the stay to begin, so if you were to begin on 8/31 it would count regardless of when you checked out in September.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:07 pm
Suspended

+1

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Mail the Marriott Conceirge on this forum and ask her for a response or for her to post her response.

As far as I know, Marriott has always had the last day for the stay to begin, so if you were to begin on 8/31 it would count regardless of when you checked out in September.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:44 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

A stay beginning August 31, 2012, should count toward the 2012 Summer Promotion.

Best Regards,

Drew
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:21 pm
Suspended

appreciate the reply, however, did you use "should" vrs "shall" intentionally as the meaning changes with the word choice?
if "should" was intentionally chosen, mind saying why the disclaimer??

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
A stay beginning August 31, 2012, should count toward the 2012 Summer Promotion.

Best Regards,

Drew
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:12 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
How long does it take for a stay to post and the free night deposited to your account? I had a stay on Saturday night (August 25th) which has not yet posted to my account and would like to use the free night for the upcoming Labor day weekend.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PG
How long does it take for a stay to post and the free night deposited to your account? I had a stay on Saturday night (August 25th) which has not yet posted to my account and would like to use the free night for the upcoming Labor day weekend.
My certificate posted as soon as the points for the stay posted...usually a day or 2 after the stay. Some hotels take longer. You should be able to reserve the room in anticipation of the certificate by calling and explaining the situation. I have done this before without issue.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:40 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tikiboy
My certificate posted as soon as the points for the stay posted...usually a day or 2 after the stay. Some hotels take longer. You should be able to reserve the room in anticipation of the certificate by calling and explaining the situation. I have done this before without issue.
Thank you so much for the information.

Edited to add: The points posted today Tuesday for the Saturday night stay. My account correctly credits the stay in the promotion details in my account, but the certificate has not been deposited yet. I anticipate that would happen soon.

Last edited by PG; Aug 28, 2012 at 10:24 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:30 am

So.. I called and got the promo changed from the free nights to the points. However, the Marriott employee I spoke with said it would continue to count free nights and it would not reflect the change to points until the end of the promo period.

So how long do I have them before I call and ask where my points are? I am showing the free nights (which I have not used and don't want to use as I don't really find a level four award worth much LOL!)
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Why on earth so many of you are able to get your offer switch?
I emailed, I called, and I PM'ed MC. I am getting the same answer: NO. Exception has been made before, but not available in this Fall megabonus promotion. And the emails are all from the same template.

I guess it is because of my travel pattern. Even though I am a Platinum, I haven't traveled much this year so far, only 20 nights. But based on this, I was given the 50K points 25 nights offer? They would think this offer will be an incentive to push me to spend 25 nights in the next 4 months?

And this is my first and only request for a promotion offer switch.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by rickyriver
Why on earth so many of you are able to get your offer switch?
I emailed, I called, and I PM'ed MC. I am getting the same answer: NO. Exception has been made before, but not available in this Fall megabonus promotion. And the emails are all from the same template.

I guess it is because of my travel pattern. Even though I am a Platinum, I haven't traveled much this year so far, only 20 nights. But based on this, I was given the 50K points 25 nights offer? They would think this offer will be an incentive to push me to spend 25 nights in the next 4 months?

And this is my first and only request for a promotion offer switch.
Keep in mind this thread is the Summer mega bonus. So I did not try for the fall program. I got the points offer for fall which I wanted.

I have read they are getting strict. So when I get "free stays" next time that might be a quarter for another chain.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
So.. I called and got the promo changed from the free nights to the points. However, the Marriott employee I spoke with said it would continue to count free nights and it would not reflect the change to points until the end of the promo period.

So how long do I have them before I call and ask where my points are? I am showing the free nights (which I have not used and don't want to use as I don't really find a level four award worth much LOL!)
I am wondering the same thing but slightly different. I called and got the summer promo changed from the points to free nights. I also was told it would not reflect the change to free nights until the end of the promo period. I have not received any certificates in my account but still have the points posted.

Anyone know when the manual changes will take place?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by PG
The points posted today Tuesday for the Saturday night stay. My account correctly credits the stay in the promotion details in my account, but the certificate has not been deposited yet. I anticipate that would happen soon.
I'm in the same boat here (points posted, promotion reflects 3/3 earned but no Cert). Did your free Cert ever show up? I'm going to call tomorrow if it doesn't show up by then.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mindrisa
I am wondering the same thing but slightly different. I called and got the summer promo changed from the points to free nights. I also was told it would not reflect the change to free nights until the end of the promo period. I have not received any certificates in my account but still have the points posted.

Anyone know when the manual changes will take place?
+1

Still have the points offer showing up as "completed" but no free certs in my account. Need them for use later this month, hope it gets posted soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.