Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
no........

Originally Posted by smithyr4
In the summer bonus (stay 15 nights- 20K), will I earn a 50% platinum bonus on these too making it 30K from the bonus?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by smithyr4
Hi

In the summer bonus (stay 15 nights- 20K), will I earn a 50% platinum bonus on these too making it 30K from the bonus?
Thanks
Unfortunately the bonus points is only for base earnings - by hotel stays, but not on megabonus or other promo.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:56 am

I had the Marriott Concierge switch my promo over. This is the confirmation I got:

"I have documented your account of the alternate Summer Global Promotion offer. You will receive an electronic free night certificate valid at hotels in categories 1 through 4 after every two paid stays, up to a maximum of three rewards. The certificates will be credited to your account at the end of the promotion."

Anyone read this to mean the end of the Summer Bonus earning period? Or should I reach out to customer service once I have completed all of my qualifying stays?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
When Will Points Post?

If I missed the answer to my question in this thread I apologize in advance.

My summer promotion is for MR points for staying at different brands. 2 brands = 2,500, 3 = 5,000, and 4 = 15,000 total. I completed the first tier in the first week and have subsequently completed all tiers now. Yet, I've not received any of the bonus points.

Should the points post shortly after the completion of the tiers, or after Aug. 31st at the end of the promotion?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by animalj7
I had the Marriott Concierge switch my promo over. This is the confirmation I got:

"I have documented your account of the alternate Summer Global Promotion offer. You will receive an electronic free night certificate valid at hotels in categories 1 through 4 after every two paid stays, up to a maximum of three rewards. The certificates will be credited to your account at the end of the promotion."

Anyone read this to mean the end of the Summer Bonus earning period? Or should I reach out to customer service once I have completed all of my qualifying stays?
Don't worry about what it says. That's just "worst case", in case it doesn't post initially and they have to follow-up or whatever.

I can tell you that my free night certs in this promo have been posting as soon as the second (of each pair) of stays posts (ie, both the regular points and the free night cert post at the same time, for the 2nd stay, the 4th stay, and the 6th stay).

So in case your 2nd points-earning stay (after having your promo adjusted) posts without a free night cert posting at the same time or at least within a day or two, that's the point at which you should inquire.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
was your bonus automatic (originally assigned) or was it manually adjusted to your current bonus promo?

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
If I missed the answer to my question in this thread I apologize in advance.
My summer promotion is for MR points for staying at different brands. 2 brands = 2,500, 3 = 5,000, and 4 = 15,000 total. I completed the first tier in the first week and have subsequently completed all tiers now. Yet, I've not received any of the bonus points.
Should the points post shortly after the completion of the tiers, or after Aug. 31st at the end of the promotion?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Don't worry about what it says. That's just "worst case", in case it doesn't post initially and they have to follow-up or whatever.

I can tell you that my free night certs in this promo have been posting as soon as the second (of each pair) of stays posts (ie, both the regular points and the free night cert post at the same time, for the 2nd stay, the 4th stay, and the 6th stay).

So in case your 2nd points-earning stay (after having your promo adjusted) posts without a free night cert posting at the same time or at least within a day or two, that's the point at which you should inquire.
It depends and it doesn't matter unless you are planning on using the certs before the end of the promo.

The certs are valid for 1 year from the DATE OF ISSUE. IMO the later I get them the longer expiry date I have on them.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
2 stackable free night promotions?

My friend just finished 2 stays with Marriott. Upon completing his 2nd stay, he got 2 free night certificates, both are CAT4 and valid for 12 months.

07/03/2012 12 Summer Promo Free Ngt cat 1-4 07/03/2013
07/03/2012 Free Night Cert (cat 1-4) valid 12 months 07/03/2013

He asked me what was the 2nd free night? I have no idea. I asked him to check his promotion center. He said he is registered in two promotions. He has no idea when and how he opt'ed into either. Besides the summer promo we all know about, here is the other promotion:

Earn up to 2 free nights when you stay at any of 3,600+ participating
Marriott properties worldwide.
See Details
To earn your 2 free nights:
Register by July 31, 2012
Stay at any of our 3,600+ participating hotels worldwide between June
1 and August 31, 2012
Earn a free night certificate* after your 2nd stay
Earn another free night certificate after your 4th stay

Looks to be the same as the summer promo, but capped at 2 free nights, instead of 3.

So he had 2 one night stays with Marriott, and got 2 free nights out of it. What a deal. Unfortunately, I don't have the 2nd promo.

My friend is a new Marriott member and currently in his Platinum challenge.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
First I got 3-night promotion but as I try to use the category 4 certificate earned last time, It is so hard to find good hotel to stay. I changed my promotion to get points. But it is very strange I still get another free night after two stays in marriott?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
was your bonus automatic (originally assigned) or was it manually adjusted to your current bonus promo?
It was as originally assigned.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:28 am

For some reason I was not aware of or offered the Mega Bonus. I am signed up for the Marriott Rewards Mega Miles and Summer Bonus. I have always received Marriott points but after seeing the 3X miles promo switched it to my United Mileage Plus.

My question is now that my earnings preference is set to Miles how will the Summer Bonus promotion work for me? Will they just increase my Marriott points from that promotion or will I not receive them?

Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
I just confirmed with a Marriott rep that those of us with the multiple brand promotion, the bonus points will post after the promotion is completed on Aug. 31.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Rewards Gold, AAdvantage Gold
So after I get my 3rd certificate, is there any way to register for another bonus (3x miles or preferably 25k points for 15 nights)? If not, I might have to consider switching to the Hilton 2x/3x promo, and I'd rather stay on track to renew Marriott Gold.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by The Blond Kid
So after I get my 3rd certificate, is there any way to register for another bonus (3x miles or preferably 25k points for 15 nights)? If not, I might have to consider switching to the Hilton 2x/3x promo, and I'd rather stay on track to renew Marriott Gold.
you can go ahead and switch your earning style to miles, sign up for the promotions (mega miles) and swtich back to the summer bonus until you finish.

this will ensure you are registered to earn the miles bonus when you are ready. you can then just switch to the miles bonus after you earn your certs if you wish.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by animalj7

If you need a cert to post after you have earned it, you can call Marriott customer service and ask them to post it. They can do it without a problem as long as your 2 stays have posted that earned you the cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.