Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Marriott and Ritz-Carlton | Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 28, 12, 5:45 pm   #226
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Thailand
Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Posts: 5,028
no........

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithyr4 View Post
In the summer bonus (stay 15 nights- 20K), will I earn a 50% platinum bonus on these too making it 30K from the bonus?
BKKLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 12, 6:56 am   #227
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: LH M&M, SK EB, UA MP, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Marriott Gold, A-Club Plat, PC Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithyr4 View Post
Hi

In the summer bonus (stay 15 nights- 20K), will I earn a 50% platinum bonus on these too making it 30K from the bonus?
Thanks
Unfortunately the bonus points is only for base earnings - by hotel stays, but not on megabonus or other promo.
__________________
No more programme "enhancements" please!
nacho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 12, 9:56 am   #228
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 178
I had the Marriott Concierge switch my promo over. This is the confirmation I got:

"I have documented your account of the alternate Summer Global Promotion offer. You will receive an electronic free night certificate valid at hotels in categories 1 through 4 after every two paid stays, up to a maximum of three rewards. The certificates will be credited to your account at the end of the promotion."

Anyone read this to mean the end of the Summer Bonus earning period? Or should I reach out to customer service once I have completed all of my qualifying stays?
animalj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 12, 10:09 am   #229
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Colorado
Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 705
When Will Points Post?

If I missed the answer to my question in this thread I apologize in advance.

My summer promotion is for MR points for staying at different brands. 2 brands = 2,500, 3 = 5,000, and 4 = 15,000 total. I completed the first tier in the first week and have subsequently completed all tiers now. Yet, I've not received any of the bonus points.

Should the points post shortly after the completion of the tiers, or after Aug. 31st at the end of the promotion?
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 12, 3:26 pm   #230
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 12,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalj7 View Post
I had the Marriott Concierge switch my promo over. This is the confirmation I got:

"I have documented your account of the alternate Summer Global Promotion offer. You will receive an electronic free night certificate valid at hotels in categories 1 through 4 after every two paid stays, up to a maximum of three rewards. The certificates will be credited to your account at the end of the promotion."

Anyone read this to mean the end of the Summer Bonus earning period? Or should I reach out to customer service once I have completed all of my qualifying stays?
Don't worry about what it says. That's just "worst case", in case it doesn't post initially and they have to follow-up or whatever.

I can tell you that my free night certs in this promo have been posting as soon as the second (of each pair) of stays posts (ie, both the regular points and the free night cert post at the same time, for the 2nd stay, the 4th stay, and the 6th stay).

So in case your 2nd points-earning stay (after having your promo adjusted) posts without a free night cert posting at the same time or at least within a day or two, that's the point at which you should inquire.
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 12, 5:28 pm   #231
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Thailand
Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Posts: 5,028
was your bonus automatic (originally assigned) or was it manually adjusted to your current bonus promo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot View Post
If I missed the answer to my question in this thread I apologize in advance.
My summer promotion is for MR points for staying at different brands. 2 brands = 2,500, 3 = 5,000, and 4 = 15,000 total. I completed the first tier in the first week and have subsequently completed all tiers now. Yet, I've not received any of the bonus points.
Should the points post shortly after the completion of the tiers, or after Aug. 31st at the end of the promotion?
BKKLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 3:30 am   #232
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: LH M&M, SK EB, UA MP, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Marriott Gold, A-Club Plat, PC Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Don't worry about what it says. That's just "worst case", in case it doesn't post initially and they have to follow-up or whatever.

I can tell you that my free night certs in this promo have been posting as soon as the second (of each pair) of stays posts (ie, both the regular points and the free night cert post at the same time, for the 2nd stay, the 4th stay, and the 6th stay).

So in case your 2nd points-earning stay (after having your promo adjusted) posts without a free night cert posting at the same time or at least within a day or two, that's the point at which you should inquire.
It depends and it doesn't matter unless you are planning on using the certs before the end of the promo.

The certs are valid for 1 year from the DATE OF ISSUE. IMO the later I get them the longer expiry date I have on them.
__________________
No more programme "enhancements" please!
nacho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 10:58 pm   #233
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Posts: 367
2 stackable free night promotions?

My friend just finished 2 stays with Marriott. Upon completing his 2nd stay, he got 2 free night certificates, both are CAT4 and valid for 12 months.

07/03/2012 12 Summer Promo Free Ngt cat 1-4 07/03/2013
07/03/2012 Free Night Cert (cat 1-4) valid 12 months 07/03/2013

He asked me what was the 2nd free night? I have no idea. I asked him to check his promotion center. He said he is registered in two promotions. He has no idea when and how he opt'ed into either. Besides the summer promo we all know about, here is the other promotion:

Earn up to 2 free nights when you stay at any of 3,600+ participating
Marriott properties worldwide.
See Details
To earn your 2 free nights:
Register by July 31, 2012
Stay at any of our 3,600+ participating hotels worldwide between June
1 and August 31, 2012
Earn a free night certificate* after your 2nd stay
Earn another free night certificate after your 4th stay


Looks to be the same as the summer promo, but capped at 2 free nights, instead of 3.

So he had 2 one night stays with Marriott, and got 2 free nights out of it. What a deal. Unfortunately, I don't have the 2nd promo.

My friend is a new Marriott member and currently in his Platinum challenge.
rickyriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 5:20 am   #234
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SFO, SIN, PVG
Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 295
First I got 3-night promotion but as I try to use the category 4 certificate earned last time, It is so hard to find good hotel to stay. I changed my promotion to get points. But it is very strange I still get another free night after two stays in marriott?
kunk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 1:45 pm   #235
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Colorado
Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
was your bonus automatic (originally assigned) or was it manually adjusted to your current bonus promo?
It was as originally assigned.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 1:28 am   #236
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 18
For some reason I was not aware of or offered the Mega Bonus. I am signed up for the Marriott Rewards Mega Miles and Summer Bonus. I have always received Marriott points but after seeing the 3X miles promo switched it to my United Mileage Plus.

My question is now that my earnings preference is set to Miles how will the Summer Bonus promotion work for me? Will they just increase my Marriott points from that promotion or will I not receive them?

Thanks.
friscocitykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 12, 10:03 am   #237
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Colorado
Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot View Post
Should the points post shortly after the completion of the tiers, or after Aug. 31st at the end of the promotion?
I just confirmed with a Marriott rep that those of us with the multiple brand promotion, the bonus points will post after the promotion is completed on Aug. 31.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 12, 1:24 pm   #238
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PIT
Programs: PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Rewards Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Posts: 121
So after I get my 3rd certificate, is there any way to register for another bonus (3x miles or preferably 25k points for 15 nights)? If not, I might have to consider switching to the Hilton 2x/3x promo, and I'd rather stay on track to renew Marriott Gold.
The Blond Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 12, 3:44 pm   #239
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blond Kid View Post
So after I get my 3rd certificate, is there any way to register for another bonus (3x miles or preferably 25k points for 15 nights)? If not, I might have to consider switching to the Hilton 2x/3x promo, and I'd rather stay on track to renew Marriott Gold.
you can go ahead and switch your earning style to miles, sign up for the promotions (mega miles) and swtich back to the summer bonus until you finish.

this will ensure you are registered to earn the miles bonus when you are ready. you can then just switch to the miles bonus after you earn your certs if you wish.
shoreline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 12, 3:46 pm   #240
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalj7 View Post
I had the Marriott Concierge switch my promo over. This is the confirmation I got:

"I have documented your account of the alternate Summer Global Promotion offer. You will receive an electronic free night certificate valid at hotels in categories 1 through 4 after every two paid stays, up to a maximum of three rewards. The certificates will be credited to your account at the end of the promotion."

Anyone read this to mean the end of the Summer Bonus earning period? Or should I reach out to customer service once I have completed all of my qualifying stays?
If you need a cert to post after you have earned it, you can call Marriott customer service and ask them to post it. They can do it without a problem as long as your 2 stays have posted that earned you the cert.
shoreline is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:40 am.