Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by beachbrew
This may be a really stupid question but can I book a rate now, to lock it in. And then if I find something in the future using a comparison site cancel the existing reservation, rebook on marriott then get lnf credit?
Do it all the time. Just don't cancel original until the new LNF gets approved.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:19 am

Red face Euro Rates vs US Rates

How/where do I compare European rates to US rates for US hotels? I've been reading the Marriott "Look No Further" rate guarantee thread & it look like much success is being had doing this but I still haven't figured out how to do it ~ duh! (perhaps another cup of coffee will help)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by fairlyoddmother

How/where do I compare European rates to US rates for US hotels? I've been reading the Marriott "Look No Further" rate guarantee thread & it look like much success is being had doing this but I still haven't figured out how to do it ~ duh! (perhaps another cup of coffee will help)
I'm not sure I understand your question...

You can convert using XE.com to make sure the rate is lower...

In terms of the actual claim, there's a place on the form where you specify the currency of each rate - so that's not a problem...

Anything I'm missing??
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Quick question, do e-bookers and booking dot something fall foul of the "outside US voucher thing"?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:55 am

There used to be a list of commonly used sites that would be emailed upon request. Is this list sill active and if so can I please request the list. Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Marriott Exchange Rate denying LNF

I have a hotel booked for €339 p/n via Marriott.

I have found a website that has it for €338.89.

However, having submitted the claim have received this:

According to our review of your claim, we have determined that the nightly room rate with which your comparison was made is not less expensive than the rate you confirmed via an official Marriott reservation channel. The comparison rate you described in your claim is as follows:

469.01 United States dollars or 339.09 Euro

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Please note that although we have selected Euro as the default currency via xxx .com, the final price is offered in United States dollars.
So they are saying $469.01 is not €338.89, even though the site displays the initial rate under €339.

Look, I know it's a bit of a cheeky rate, but any help or advice?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:33 am

I see some conflicting information on LNF. Am I to assume Marriott won't take pdf copies of screen shots? Printed the web page to pdf this morning after I booked on Marriott.com. Had the 3rd party site go up to Marriott's rate in the last hour while I'm still waiting on LNF approval.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by DCNatFan
There used to be a list of commonly used sites that would be emailed upon request. Is this list sill active and if so can I please request the list. Thanks
I'd also like this list PM'd to me as well please. Many TIA!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AdamUK
I have a hotel booked for €339 p/n via Marriott.

I have found a website that has it for €338.89.

However, having submitted the claim have received this:

So they are saying $469.01 is not €338.89, even though the site displays the initial rate under €339.

Look, I know it's a bit of a cheeky rate, but any help or advice?
Unfortunately, the LNF T&Cs explain that exchange rate variations are not valid for LNF claims, and it looks like your pennies-away claim was "behind the scenes" caused by exchange rate variations or exchange rate rounding errors.

LNFs are supposed to be validly different rates, not for sites that do poor math (by pennies) in exchange rate caculations.

Doing an LNF by pennies works only when you're sure that the Marriott site and the third-party site work natively in the same currency, for example using a the Marriott site for a US hotel while using a third-party site that's based in the US. It's a lot trickier in smaller countries, where the third-party site is likely to be from outside that country.

In what country is this hotel located?
Old May 9, 2014, 6:59 am
DSA

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
I submitted my first LNF claim about around 14 hours ago, but I haven't heard back yet. I appreciate that they can take up to 24 hours, but what would you say is the average wait time? [This presumably varies depending on where they are based in the world?]

If required, is there a free telephone number for the relevant department? If it goes over 24 hours with no reply, I don't really want to call a USA number. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by DSA
I submitted my first LNF claim about around 14 hours ago, but I haven't heard back yet. I appreciate that they can take up to 24 hours, but what would you say is the average wait time? [This presumably varies depending on where they are based in the world?]

If required, is there a free telephone number for the relevant department? If it goes over 24 hours with no reply, I don't really want to call a USA number. Thanks.
It will come if it already hasn't by the time you read this.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by DSA

The last 2 I have done took then 22 hours to reply. I tried calling them to 'speed' up the process but it doesn't work. You can use skype to call their toll free number.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DSA
No, there is no average wait time. Making the reservation from the same place at the same time of day on the same day of the week, and for the same hotel (yes, I've made LNFs for the same hotel repeatedly), it's sometimes taken just a few hours and sometimes taken close to 24 hours for me, as well as everywhere in between. I see no pattern to it at all.

(I called them once before about a year ago, but, sorry, I can't remember how I found the number to call them back then.)
Old May 9, 2014, 4:06 pm
DSA

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Thank you for the replies. It turned out that they responded half an hour after my post (around 14.5 hours after the claim). Unfortunately they rejected because the site I had found issued a voucher for the hotel. When I look at the T&Cs for lots of sites, many (most?) seem to do this, as if it is standard practice for third party sites. I do find this slightly odd, but the exclusion is in the rules of the scheme.

However, I responded to their email with a few more prices I had found, and received a positive response about two hours later! So it was definitely worth taking the time to check if there were any cheaper rates on the internet.
Old May 10, 2014, 12:45 pm

Question

Does any one know if once the LNF has been honored, will they take the rate down from the competitor site? I need to book 2 rooms in the same hotel with another family. They are not a marriott member and this would be my first LNF request. So I want to make sure it works out before I ask them to book it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.