Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Q : Is room booked with LNF rate counted as an eligible stay for Megabonus 'stay 2 gets 1 night free' program'? Anyone has any experience with it?

Thanks.
Yes, it is .
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Q : Is room booked with LNF rate counted as an eligible stay for Megabonus 'stay 2 gets 1 night free' program'? Anyone has any experience with it?
To be more general: It works with all variations of MegaBonus (both the free nigh version you refer to and also all the points versions), as well as working with MegaMiles (the miles-earning bonuses that you see when you change you earning preference to "miles".

In fact, I'm not aware of any Marriott promotion that it doesn't work with.

The only downside, such as it is, is that you only earn points (or miles) on the nice lower LNF rate you got and paid, not the original rate you booked. But you earn 1 stay per stay, and 1 night per night, no matter what rate you pay, as long as its qualifying, and yes LNF rates are qualifying.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
LNF with Bonus Bucks

any idea if the LNF rate will work with the Bonus Bucks?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:56 am

I have done 8+ recently having only ever stayed at a JW Marriott twice. The platinum challenge and the LNF means all leisure travel for me and my wider family are with Marriott over the next few months.

Tips I have are;

*In the amount section on the form, make sure you state whether it includes or excludes tax. I always write $454.27 incl tax for example.
*In the comments box I will include either a direct link to the hotel on the to be matched website or a direct link to the complete search (assuming its not one that times out). This saves the agent time.
*THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to know is how much you expect the adjusted rate to be. I've had 3 errors (sans a $ out). Two were over by $50 a night so emails were replied to laying out the correct rate calculations trying not to be condescending. It was corrected within an hour.

I only had one rejected and just amended the res and tried again. Good luck.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by cattwl
I have used Bonus Bucks to pay for a LNF rate without issue.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Same here, although I've also had a couple where the hotel have initially said I can't. A bit of 'education' by referring them to the Customer Care guys and it has been accepted.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
BBs work, so does the gift card. In case they question the logic, simply refer them to the fact that the LNF rate is a commissionable rate (unless you used a non comissionable rate to make the comparison) and GCs can be used with all public and comissionable rates. They usually don't ask.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
I've been submitting a LNF claim but they don't seem to see the rate I am seeing. Just wondering if it is a plausible alternative to actually make a booking (refundable, of course) at the comparison site and make a LNF claim for it?
Old May 1, 2012, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I've been submitting a LNF claim but they don't seem to see the rate I am seeing. Just wondering if it is a plausible alternative to actually make a booking (refundable, of course) at the comparison site and make a LNF claim for it?
nope, that won't work.

Send them the direct link to the booking page with hotel and price info. If you can't get a URL link then give them step-by-step instructions and point out any places where they could go wrong (e.g. search for 1 guest only, or search for NYC and not Brooklyn). This is usually pretty easy to clear up if the rate is in fact still available.
Old May 1, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
This was discussed on the first page but I don't think anyone confirmed this. If you are trying to do a LNF match on a non-refundable fare, what happens if you try to book a reservation on Marriott with the following terms and try to cancel within 24 hours in case they deny the LNF?

1. Prepaid in full, cc will be charged upon reservation no cancellation;
2. Prepaid in full, cc will be charged upon reservation, no cancellation 1 day after booking.

Can anyone tell me if you can cancel both #1 and #2 within 24 hours of booking by calling Marriott reservations or must the rate terms explicitly say "no cancellation 1 day after booking"?
Old May 1, 2012, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I asked my 9-year old this question and her response was "both #1 and #2 are quite self-explanatory"

Originally Posted by TAWS
1. Prepaid in full, cc will be charged upon reservation no cancellation; 2. Prepaid in full, cc will be charged upon reservation, no cancellation 1 day after booking.

Can anyone tell me if you can cancel both #1 and #2 within 24 hours of booking by calling Marriott reservations or must the rate terms explicitly say "no cancellation 1 day after booking"?
Old May 1, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
both #1 and #2 are quite self-explanatory
Yea...your comment isn't very helpful. I called Marriott and they told me you can cancel any reservation booked on their site within 24 hours but they didn't really sound convincing and that rule isn't written anywhere on their site. I just wanted to confirm if anyone's actually tried to cancel a "Prepaid in full, cc will be charged upon reservation no cancellation" reservation within 24 hours of booking.

Last edited by bdschobel; May 1, 2012 at 10:16 am Reason: removed hostile remark
Old May 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by TAWS
Yea...your comment isn't very helpful. I called Marriott and they told me you can cancel any reservation booked on their site within 24 hours but they didn't really sound convincing and that rule isn't written anywhere on their site. I just wanted to confirm if anyone's actually tried to cancel a "Prepaid in full, cc will be charged upon reservation no cancellation" reservation within 24 hours of booking.
I did exactly that. Made the reservation using the NR rate because it was the lowest, submitted my LNF claim, then was denied because the cancellation T&C didn't match. So I cancelled my NR rate (just within the 24 hours), made a new reservation with the higher BAR, and re-submitted my claim. It was accepted without issue.

Last edited by bdschobel; May 1, 2012 at 10:17 am Reason: removed hostile remark from quote
Old May 1, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
AP NR rate changed via LNF

This may be a simple question, but I did not have examples found previously.

I think for me to get the lowest competitor rate discounted via LNF, I need to book an AP NR rate.

Does an AP NR (post 24 hours) rate stay non-cancellable after a LNF was processed? A booking touched by LNF does not become cancellable by chance?

For example:

If rates drop across the board (marriott.com direct and other sites), I cannot cancel the LNF booking (I overpaid, my problem.)

This is my only concern. Of course, it would seem like a nice idea (preferred) to do LNF on non-cancellable rates, but I am not having as much luck finding such rates on competitor websites.

Do most people prefer to do non-cancellable rates because of the LNF program and not do them unless they are for sure certain on the rate history?

Also, if it was an original cancellable rate, I need to cancel via the Look/LNF team directly (but it shouldn't be a problem as long as the original rate was cancellable)?

Thanks,
Rasheed
Old May 1, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Q: Can LNF rates be paid with Marriott $50 cheque awards? I dont see any conditions as to otherwise on the back, but would like verification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.