Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Maybe it's a YMMV situation but they've always accepted a 3rd party itinerary as proof of the rate as long as they are able to access the lower rate and look at it. They will not take just the marriott confirmation number from the 3rd party site, but if the 3rd party site has a way of accessing the reservation via their confirmation # without logging in, they have in the past accepted that as proof.

And FYI yes Expedia is a travel agency. They even have a division that operates as a host agency for at home travel agents. They are fully IATA approved, but I only used Expedia in my statement because that was the site the OP was discussing.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Maybe it's a YMMV situation but they've always accepted a 3rd party itinerary as proof of the rate as long as they are able to access the lower rate and look at it. They will not take just the marriott confirmation number from the 3rd party site, but if the 3rd party site has a way of accessing the reservation via their confirmation # without logging in, they have in the past accepted that as proof.

And FYI yes Expedia is a travel agency. They even have a division that operates as a host agency for at home travel agents. They are fully IATA approved, but I only used Expedia in my statement because that was the site the OP was discussing.
Interesting. Never knew this. Good information to have.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I could use some help on this one.

I have a hotel I'm looking to LNF. It's one with which I've been successful in the past. For an upcoming weekend I think I have a possible LNF but here's the oddity:

Standard room is available with AAA
Standard room is available with Senior
Standard room is available for Government
Standard Room is available for stay for breakfast

However

Standard room is not for sale at BAR

Now I could see a revenue manager doing thiss to prevent LNF. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy against me, but I'm saying I could see why they'd do it.

Am I right to assume that if I book say the stay for breakfast and the competing site has no breakfast then I'm going to be denied even if I say I want the room without the breakfast?

I've not run across this type of thing before, and I know the opposite works (competing site has breakfast and marriott site does not).

The best rate available is $218 AAA or $229 for next category up BAR.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:45 pm

Hi there,

would need some help with a LNF.

Looking to book Renaissance Il Ciocco, Barga from July 4th to 5th.

Standard room prepay is 154EUR on Marriott.com, I can find a rate for 140,18EUR on airfastticket.com.

Would this qualify? Also, did I understand the T&C correctly saying I am allowed to cancel the room if the LNF would be denied?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:11 am

Looking at Marriott Marquis New York for May 20 to 27 and there is a 2cent difference between the Marriott site and Expedia. Any point submitting a claim or will they laugh at me and punish me by increasing my reservation....lol
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:27 am

Go for it! I've been successful with $2 difference claims. And then it ends up being much cheaper with the 25%
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by hourami
Looking at Marriott Marquis New York for May 20 to 27 and there is a 2cent difference between the Marriott site and Expedia. Any point submitting a claim or will they laugh at me and punish me by increasing my reservation....lol
I would go for it too. But at only 25% I would also check out using the different codes on Marriott.com.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, M&M
Go for it, I got LNF claim couple days ago for 99 cents difference... :-) and 25% made me more than 40EUR gain per night
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by jaco027
Go for it, I got LNF claim couple days ago for 99 cents difference... :-) and 25% made me more than 40EUR gain per night
I actually found one that was $100 cheaper from Travelocity but they declined it as they couldn't see it so emailed them back and send a screenshot of the booking screen showing it was still available at the lower rate but no reply as of yet.

I notice that on the advance purchase rate I booked I can cancel the following day so can I cancel at anytime today or within 24 hours of the booking time if they don't come back to me in time?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I notice that on the advance purchase rate I booked I can cancel the following day so can I cancel at anytime today or within 24 hours of the booking time if they don't come back to me in time?
Correct. I've have done it when they've been slow to get back to me. Cancel, re-reserve and re-submit the claim.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Correct. I've have done it when they've been slow to get back to me. Cancel, re-reserve and re-submit the claim.
Cool. Many Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:43 am

So I cancelled and Marriott came back and said they still can't see it and can't accept screen shots (fair enough I guess).

If I book the travelocity reservation (fully refundable) and then book at Marriott (non refundable except within 24 hours) and give them the reservation number showing the lower amount will that work?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
So I cancelled and Marriott came back and said they still can't see it and can't accept screen shots (fair enough I guess).

If I book the travelocity reservation (fully refundable) and then book at Marriott (non refundable except within 24 hours) and give them the reservation number showing the lower amount will that work?
Firstly, if the lower rate is refundable, you want to compare it to the refundable rate on Mariott, even if there's a cheaper non-refundable rate available - I have had a ref/non-ref claim rejected because the cancellation terms didn't match, then had the claim accepted when I switched to the higher ref rate.

Yes, if you can cancel without penalty, I would make the reservation, then send them your reservation number.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
This may be a really stupid question but can I book a rate now, to lock it in. And then if I find something in the future using a comparison site cancel the existing reservation, rebook on marriott then get lnf credit?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by beachbrew
This may be a really stupid question but can I book a rate now, to lock it in. And then if I find something in the future using a comparison site cancel the existing reservation, rebook on marriott then get lnf credit?
As long as the rate is refundable, yes absolutely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.