Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards 2012 Hotel Category Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Rewards 2012 Hotel Category Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by inY
Was March 15, 2012 supposed to be the only date that categories change? The Residence Inn Edinburgh is now (July 1) showing as category 5, but it was category 4 just a few days ago. It was not on the list.
This hotel never seems to have award nights available. Even though paid rooms are available. They are definately doing something against the Marriott rules on award.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:37 am
inY

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
This hotel never seems to have award nights available. Even though paid rooms are available. They are definately doing something against the Marriott rules on award.
Agreed their availability is poor and they're probably trying to keep revenue stays for the festival. But I did manage book a points stay under category 4 after the festival.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I was able to book 2 weekday nights there in early June for late July.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Starwood has been quietly changing some hotel categories mid year. Has Marriott now done the same as well?
I don't know that they do it a lot, but they definitely do. JW Grand Rapids MI switched from a Cat 4 to Cat 5 last November with no notice. I found out about it from FT.

Cheers.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Hyatt also had one property go up a category, the Hyatt House in Carlsbad, in the middle of 2012.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:45 pm

I will definitely dump my Marriott credit card when my year is up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.