Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Orlando Marriott's Grande Vista - First time at a vacation club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:21 am
Original Poster

I will be staying at Marriott's Grande Vista - Orlando for 4 days from 3/17-3/21 with family, booked their 2 br villa. I am planning to take up platinum challenge before i go for vacation as i have lot of travel in place for next 3 months.

Can any one tell me what can i expect from Marriott during my stay here and what are the best rooms i can ask for? Also any other suggestions.

thanks in advance.

KVM
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:35 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Since you are staying at a MVCI property (Marriott Timeshare), you probably aren't going to see much in the way of elite recognition. Upgrades are very rare at these properties as Marriott doesn't have nearly the inventory control at timeshares that they have with a general hotel. And the owners staying there would probably be the first ones to get any type of upgrade if there is one to be had. And MVCI properties don't have lounges and the free breakfast benefit (for weekdays) doesn't apply to these properties.

As a Plat you should still get an arrival amenity. I think most MVCI properties may only offer points (though I think there is a recent thread here that mentions some are starting to offer other options now.) Here is an existing thread on this very topic: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-benefits.html

It has been a few years since my last stay at the Grande Vista property, so I don't have much to add on what rooms to ask for.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Since you are staying at a MVCI property (Marriott Timeshare), you probably aren't going to see much in the way of elite recognition. Upgrades are very rare at these properties as Marriott doesn't have nearly the inventory control at timeshares that they have with a general hotel. And the owners staying there would probably be the first ones to get any type of upgrade if there is one to be had. And MVCI properties don't have lounges and the free breakfast benefit (for weekdays) doesn't apply to these properties.

As a Plat you should still get an arrival amenity. I think most MVCI properties may only offer points (though I think there is a recent thread here that mentions some are starting to offer other options now.) Here is an existing thread on this very topic: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-benefits.html

Thanks for your inputs.
It has been a few years since my last stay at the Grande Vista property, so I don't have much to add on what rooms to ask for.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:00 am
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Plats receive 500 points for the amenity gift at MVCI properties and that's about it.

Owners are given preference on room selection, etc.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by LKO
Plats receive 500 points for the amenity gift at MVCI properties and that's about it.
Stayed there last June and that's about it. Couldn't get upgraded to a 2BR or even get a room on the top floor as I expected. Place is huge and my room was a but run down compared to the MVCI places within the Orlando World Center I've stayed at since. Adequate but not great, won't go back unless a great deal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.