Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Barcelona (Downtown), Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Barcelona (Downtown), Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
Have a stay upcoming here next month ... should I expect anything special as a Plat?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read my post prior to yours. We got early checkin, upgraded to executive rooms and a very nice breakfast spread.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
^Thanks I saw it - was seeing if there was a more current review from anyone that stayed there this summer!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Don’t hold your breath on an upgraded room – they give away their best rooms at early check-in on a first come, first served basis regardless of status at this property.

Breakfast buffet as a Plat is very good, but the service can be quite slow.

They should also offer you the Plat amenity (I took wine & a snack) at check-in. Wifi is free for Plats.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed here for the massive tradeshow that occurs in late February every year. I was upgraded to a room on the top floor looking west toward most of town, and it was high enough to see over the building next door. Room was pretty basic for the ridiculous cost paid during the show.

Definitely no pool--some sort of weird wading area on the outside deck a few floors below.

The breakfast buffet was full-featured.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Stayed 5 nights here using points in September 2014. Was "upgraded" to a 10th floor room with a view of Sagrada Familia. This hotel has many rooms with balconies but not knowing that I did not request one. I thought the room was small, even by European standards but it was OK.

As others have stated, buffet breakfast was very good. Buffet is served in the lobby bar. Eggs, sausages, pasties, breads, juices and coffees.

Staff were very helpful and the location was good for exploring the city.

My pet peeve of Profile Settings not being followed was once again present as our room was next to the elevator.

FYI; Cab fare from train station was € 12.00 and cab fare to airport was € 45.00
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Did you ask them to change you to a room away from the elevator?

Cheers.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I will be in Barcelona next month and was looking to use my points to stay at this property or the Renaissance Fira. Nothing seems to really stand out about this hotel aside from the location. Has anyone been to both of these properties? I've heard nothing but good things about the Renaissance Fira but the location doesn't look anywhere near as convenient. Only wish I could use some cat 5 certs at either of these!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
I have not stayed at the Fira but have stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona. Had a wonderful time, great location, nice rooms, great staff and good breakfast buffet if you have elite status. I agree about the Category 5 comment! We are going back to Barcelona in a couple months and are staying at the AC Sant again because of location near train and its cheaper! Not fancy but works. The free breakfast and location just isn't worth the extra expense when you can get anywhere with the metro.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Interesting... I was also looking at that property. Seems pointless to stay there on points as it is a cat 6... again can't even use the certs on that one which is currently quoting me 75 EUD a night! I previously stayed at the AC Irla... nothing special, no breakfast for Platinums, Internet was horribly slow, and rooms were small.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Renaissance Barcelona Questions

Looking at this hotel as a possible for one week stay in the fall. Looking at the rates, I see a pretty reasonable base rate for what they say is a Queen room. There is also a rate for an Executive room - larger room with daily buffet breakfast.

I am Platinum. if I book the base rate room do I get the same buffet breakfast as I would booking the Executive room? And anyone have a feel on the likelihood of getting upgraded to an Executive room?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same breakfast, upgrade likely.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended

Wow, 14 year Platinum member, and he can't even be bothered to search to see if there is an answer to his simplistic elementary question, let alone if there is a pre-existing thread on the hotel.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Wow, 14 year Platinum member, and he can't even be bothered to search to see if there is an answer to his simplistic elementary question, let alone if there is a pre-existing thread on the hotel.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
I did a search - I did not see the answers to my questions The search turned up pages of threads - did you expect someone to read through all that for an hour or two?

And nasty responses are really not appreciated. Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself! If you can't provide some helpful information to another member, why say anything at all.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Same breakfast, upgrade likely.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.