Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2011 Member Refer a Member Sign Up Bonus Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Joining Marriott Rewards - Promo Code?

I'm getting ready to join the Marriott Rewards program and noticed that there's an entry box for a promotion code.

Does anyone know of a code I could use? And if so, what benefits does this permit?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:10 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
First, welcome to FT in general and the Marriott forum specifically.

Next, exactly where are you seeing the promotion box? I know there is one listed when finding/making reservations. That one would be used for getting a certain group negotiated rate like a company's corporate rate.

The only other "promotion" that I can think of in terms of joining Marriott Rewards might be with signing up for the Megabonus promotion that Marriott currently has. If that is what you are seeing, then I doubt there is anything you can do with that one. While the Megabonus promotion has various earning options that are offered, those differences are based off a person's elite level and possibly their previous recent stay history. Since you would just now be joining MR, you will probably be offered the base level Megabonus earning offer. I don't remember off the top of my head what it is, but you can search this forum with the term "Megabonus" and find all sorts of info about it.

Basically, right now, I don't know of any sign-up bonuses Marriott has that you might be able to take advantage of right now. Though if you want to earn some extra Marriott points you might want to look at applying for one of the Marriott branded Visa cards. You will get a sign-up bonus of 15K, plus other bonuses which vary depending on the variation of the card you apply for. Again, there are a number of threads describing the cost/benefits of each of the cards here. Just do a search of "Signature" and/or "Visa" and you should find a lot of good info.

Good luck and enjoy your new Marriott Rewards journey. I definitely recommend you poking around the other threads here and seeing/learning about all the pros/cons of Marriott Rewards. And if you have questions you can't find an answer for, don't hesitate to ask.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I signed my partner up using info from THIS thread. I forgot all about it until a Silver Elite card came through the post ^
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have to sign someone in my family up .. anyone knows any current codes?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Any new codes?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
No, MarriottConcierge confirmed about a month ago that they are not doing 'refer a member' promo this year. Which, IMHO, is a bit silly given the economic climate & folk leaving for greener pastures of other chains. OVMV. Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Plat thanks to FT; Hilton Silver VIP
Just found out that I'll be using a lot of Marriott hotels for work travel, so it's time to sign up for Marriott Rewards. Figured I would bump this thread and see if any new promotion codes have popped up for new members. Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Welcome to Marriott, but nope re: promos for new members. Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:01 pm

Thought I would bump this as well. Will be staying at the Ritz in a few weeks and before I register for Marriott Rewards I thought I'd check if there are any promos now.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'm not sure if Marriott has one or not, but if you plan on having a couple of Ritz stays, then you can get a free night at a Tier 1-3 RC: Ritz-Carlton Rewards Promo

You will have to join the RC Rewards program to get that promotion though. (I am assuming based on your OP that you are not and have not been a Marriott Rewards member in the past.) After you join the RC program, get your two RC stays in, get your free night. If in the future you are planning on staying mostly at RCs, you can stick with the RC Rewards program. You will get mostly RC promotions and emails. If you will be doing mostly Marriott stays, then you can transfer your membership to the MR program and get Marriott promotions and emails.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.

Happy New Year! Like everyone else, I have 5 new referrals to offer in 2011 ! Please PM me!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
I just tried referring someone and it says the offer is closed.

http://joinmarriottrewards.com/Friend/EN/closed.aspx
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just got the same "Closed" message, so I clicked on the link to the T&Cs, where it says that the new member must phone MR & give the name & MR# of the Sponsor. I am not willing to give out my MR# to strangers, so if this does become the new system for 2011, I won't be offering referrals here.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
I just called Marriott Rewards to find out if it is possible to do an online referral, as I, too, tried to refer a friend of mine and was unable to do it through the usual method. What I was told was that either my friend had to call to enroll and give them my number, or that she could go to the Marriott Rewards website, and when she enrolls, it will give her the ability to enter a promotion code. I was told that the promotion code for refer-a-friend is
MGM4 and that she can enter that and my Marriott rewards number (I have not tried this, so I don't know if it works). According to the person I spoke with, there isn't a way to do it without giving her my rewards number. Not sure how accurate this is, and she wasn't sure if the link that we've used before will be returning or not.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
I just tried the promo code and it does NOT work. There's got to be somebody at Marriott that can fix this problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.