Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Just received a happy birthday email with a link to a gift. I clicked on the link and it had another link that would give me a bonus elite night on my account. Now, I know this was not selected specially for me because that will give me 222 nights this year instead of 221. Has anyone else received this email or any other birthday gift?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Jealous! I've never received a birthday present from Marriott.. and I have 198 nights this year!

I'd be upset if I were at 74 nights, though
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
I have never received a birthday email before. I was wondering what ever happened to the anniversary bonus though. I only got that once.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by Denvercccc
I have never received a birthday email before. I was wondering what ever happened to the anniversary bonus though. I only got that once.

This was my first year to get one. went from 48 to 49 =) just one more!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
My wife got one this month for her birthday. (She is silver.) I didn't and I am platinum. She heard a lot from me on that. Let's see what happens in February.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Denvercccc
Just received a happy birthday email with a link to a gift. I clicked on the link and it had another link that would give me a bonus elite night on my account. Now, I know this was not selected specially for me because that will give me 222 nights this year instead of 221. Has anyone else received this email or any other birthday gift?
221 nights in a Marriott in one year?

Impressive.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I got one too. Nice gesture, but as a lifetime Platinum, totally worthless.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I did get the same thing for the first time this year. Would have rather had 1000 points or something but it is free so no complaints.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
My wife got one this month for her birthday. (She is silver.) I didn't and I am platinum. She heard a lot from me on that. Let's see what happens in February.
I think this program may have started late in the year...perhaps your birthday was prior to the start? I received one (November), but Mr Sophie did not (April).
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I think this program may have started late in the year...perhaps your birthday was prior to the start? I received one (November), but Mr Sophie did not (April).
Feb 24th. Fingers crossed I think you are probably right.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
I got one and went from 68 to 69 nights. It's a nice gesture from MR. Now, if DL still gave the extra 500 miles during my birthday month instead of the discount on a vacation. I guess they don't realize that I fly so much enabling me not to pay for the vacation(s).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by ChazDawg
I got the same on my Bday a few days ago, however, I was a tad disappointed. I have 468 elite nights this year...do I really need 1 more? I'd rather have something like 1000 points.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort...but would like to see an option where you can choose a free night or a few points.

ChazDawg
Do tell. What did you achieve 468 nights this year?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by SC Alum
Do tell. What did you achieve 468 nights this year?
I could probably figure out how one could have 468 nights in a year, but cannot fathom how once you do, you would ever care about a measly 1000 points.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This must be a fairly new change. I never noticed the option to add my birthday until fairly recently (after my birthday had passed). I assumed that this was a Platinum benefit as I just crossed the threshold but it appears from above posts that it is for everyone.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
My birthday is in 5 days! Still waiting.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.