Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
A couple of days ago I went back to September in my emails and found the birthday message from Marriott. It was stuck in the "promotional" inbox inside Gmail.

Clicked on the link and the elite night just posted. Thanks for the reminder.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by ExArkie
According to what we were told (my wife did not get the e-mail and asked) by Marriott customer relations (not Insiders), the promotion stopped on October 14. Birthdays before that were recognized, afterwards were not. Supposedly, there is some new promo coming up that will take its place.
After posting this, we were out of the country for a couple of weeks, during which time both my wife (birthday late October) and I (birthday early November) got the e-mail, clicked the link and received the night's credit. So, just ignore everything I said, as it was obviously not correct...unless this is the NEW promotion, same as the old promotion.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Smile Making the birthday 'present' something much more valued

Received my 'birthday present' email today, I think for the 2nd or 3rd year.

As I have posted before, I'm Lifetime Plat, so the 'elite night' is useless (especially as it doesn't count towards a Megabonus).

Then I got thinking, I'm currently staying in a Marriott (yes I know on my birthday !), surely it can't be an astonishing extension of the IT process that generates the emails to check whether a member is staying at a Marriott hotel on their birthday and inform the hotel.

How much more appreciated I would feel, if I had found a birthday card had been placed under my door overnight !!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Unhappy Contrast with Starwood

So after checking out of the Marriott where no mention was made of my birthday, I check into a 'Four Points' the following day and was congratulated for my birthday yesterday and 'would I like a drinks voucher and complimentary breakfast'
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:08 pm
KRS

When staying at a hotel on you birthday: do you let them know? in advance or at check-in? Or do they see it from your profile/passport anyway?

I have a stay coming up, and wouldn't mind an acknowledgement, but it also feels embarrassing to bring up...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
For the first time this year the birthday night credited automatically without manual intervention!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Birthday- Free Elite Night

Just received an email wishing me a happy birthday and surprising me with an Elite night credited to my account.
Is this a new perk or maybe a random luck of the draw each day for birthdays?
I've never received this before. Just wondering if others have.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Yes, it's been part of Marriott for years. What's intermittent is if one actually gets the email Note you have to click on the link in the email to actually get the night.

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-gift-you.html thread. (Which is also listed in the FAQ thread BTW.)
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
Luckily enough, I read a good portion of this thread a few weeks ago.

I listened to the recommendation to ensure my Bday was activated in my profile. I logged in, updated my profile.

Last week, on my Bday, I received the email and the elite day.

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Hi gang:

1. Would it be possible for someone to post (anonymized) the subject header and some of the text of the birthday email. I would like to search my zillion mailboxes.

2. Is it worth asking at Marriott if one doesn't get the email? if so, whom? I did just check and my BDay is in my profile.

Cheers,
DocD
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by DocD
Hi gang:

1. Would it be possible for someone to post (anonymized) the subject header and some of the text of the birthday email. I would like to search my zillion mailboxes.

2. Is it worth asking at Marriott if one doesn't get the email? if so, whom? I did just check and my BDay is in my profile.

Cheers,
DocD
Sender: [email protected]

Subject: "Happy Birthday! A gift for you"

Content (as part of a picture): "XXX, we appreciate your loyalty and want to help you celebrate with an Elite night credit on us."

It's part of being subscribed for "Promotions, News and Account" in the Email Subscriptions" section of your Marriott Rewards profile.

And the promotion is still going strong --- just received "the email" for my September birthday.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I didn't get the email for my birthday and I emailed them. Got this (unhelpful) response:
"Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding the birthday Elite night.

We apologize that there is a known issue with Marriott.com and the birthday Elite night. Marriott's Technical Support department is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

You are currently a Gold Elite member. Thank you for your valued loyalty and continued patronage.

Thank you for choosing Marriott."

Have replied asking that I get the additional night as I am closing in on Platinum.... Anyone else have this experience?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:41 pm
alc

just wondering if anyone got their birthday elite night credit to their account yet or not as I am still waiting for mine.

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:50 pm

Still waiting for my early September birthday night to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.