Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday: a gift for you

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
IS there something you have to do to get the "birthday night" email? I haven't ever gotten one, been Platinum for a few years.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by beachfan
IS there something you have to do to get the "birthday night" email? I haven't ever gotten one, been Platinum for a few years.
Entering your birthdate in the MR profile should activate the night credit email near your birthday.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Birthday Night Credit

Last year I got 1 night credit on my birthday. Is this normal for Elite? I haven't seen any for this year....
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
Last year I got 1 night credit on my birthday. Is this normal for Elite? I haven't seen any for this year....
I think I know the answer but do you mean one elite night credit, or you got a free night credit?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:43 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You might find the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-gift-you.html thread enlightening.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
You might find the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-gift-you.html thread enlightening.
Thanks. I did a search but it did not show this threat. I did not search for "Happy Birthday" though.

I got the email . I forgot MR works on US time zone
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
I didn't get one either, even though I hade a birthdate in my profile, so I called and asked. Turns out you have to agree to receive promotional emails from Marriott as well. Once I agreed, the CS retroactively gave me the credit -- I thought I needed it to maintain status this year, but extended a late year trip 1 day, so didn't need it after all. I get to start 2015 with 1 rollover night, though.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by lingua101
Thanks. I did a search but it did not show this threat. I did not search for "Happy Birthday" though.

I got the email . I forgot MR works on US time zone
The birthday gift has to be requested from Marriott by clicking on the link in the birthday email.

Once you've requested it, it usually shows up pretty quickly.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You do need to click on the link in order for the credit to show in your account.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
If your experience is like mine, you will click the link it will say "You already got your gift....SORRY" Or something similar. I didn't get my night.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:09 pm

I got the promo again this year.

Just curious what happen if you also make a stay on your birthday? 2 elite nights?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
That's the key. You do have to click on the link. Given it's a birthday present I don't why they just don't automatically apply it to an account & then send out a note saying hey, check your account. There's a birthday night there.

Cheers.
You mean I have missed these for the last decade ?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HMPS
You mean I have missed these for the last decade ?
Well, yes and no. I don't think that Marriott has been doing this for decades and they are not the most reliable in this offer. I had one last year, but not this year.

The hotels are making so much right now we are not important. Take a look at http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/20...best-year.html

In a few months when the bubble bursts, they will be back with the few of us who still have $
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Anyone know if Marriott is still doing this? Well, did they do it in October for anyone? I did not get my email this October but my wife got one earlier this year.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Anyone know if Marriott is still doing this? Well, did they do it in October for anyone? I did not get my email this October but my wife got one earlier this year.
They stopped the promotion this year according to a marriott insider forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.