Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Gift Card promos [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gift Card promos [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by mooper
Added USAirways 50% conversion bonus details in the OP. Especially lucrative if you redeem a Travel Package, as 120K MRPs will turn into 180K US miles!
It would be very lucrative. But how sure can we be that you'll get the bonus points for a travel package (rather than a straight points to miles transfer)? Has anyone actually done it?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by BigE
It would be very lucrative. But how sure can we be that you'll get the bonus points for a travel package (rather than a straight points to miles transfer)? Has anyone actually done it?
I did it last year and the points show up like every other transfer.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by BigE
I've done it quite a few times with previous similar offers (both US and DL). Worked every time. The promo is on USAir's end - they are merely looking for incoming miles from qualified hotel partners, then they apply the bonus. They don't care what is causing the incoming miles (part of a Travel Package vs straight conversion vs miles for a stay, etc.)

One concern, however, is that you get the Travel Package miles to post to USAirways in time (by March 31st). The stated terms say that it could take weeks. I've asked Marriott to expedite my miles in the past and they posted within a few days, but I'm not sure if this success was because of my Platinum status, if they'll do it for anyone, or if the quick posting would have happened anyway even if I hadn't asked for it.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:17 am

Heads up: I was happy to see this morning that shopathome is offering a bonus offer of 5% back, rather than the usual 3%. Not sure how long it lasts, but I'll take it!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jafoulk
Heads up: I was happy to see this morning that shopathome is offering a bonus offer of 5% back, rather than the usual 3%. Not sure how long it lasts, but I'll take it!
Thanks for the alert. It's temporary until 03/25/12 - part of their "Spring Fling" with higher payouts. Not good for Gift Cards, just stays. Updated OP accordingly.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Thanks for the alert. It's temporary until 03/25/12 - part of their "Spring Fling" with higher payouts. Not good for Gift Cards, just stays. Updated OP accordingly.
Sorry for the noobie question, I just found out this thread pretty recently.

How do you get the 5% back? I see they have various promotions of 5% back, but they are all not what I can use. eg. Senior Discount.

If I just click one of the links without using the discount, will I still get the 5% back?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Globalist
FYI- I did a transfer using the Marriott travel package and did not receive the 50% bonus when the miles posted. I called US Air and they said the bonus miles WILL post in 6 to 8 weeks.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by tsukidayo
Sorry for the noobie question, I just found out this thread pretty recently.

How do you get the 5% back? I see they have various promotions of 5% back, but they are all not what I can use. eg. Senior Discount.

If I just click one of the links without using the discount, will I still get the 5% back?
Welcome to Flyertalk, Tsukidayo! A good question, not a silly one. Some cash back providers list coupon codes/offers that can be used in conjunction with (or sometimes not) with the cash back they provide. Those offers are optional. If you don't use one, just click through the regular cash back link (usually labeled "shop now" or something similar) and the cash back will still apply. In most cases, even if you click through one of the additional offer links but don't apply it or it doesn't apply to your reservation, the cash back will post as usual anyway. Hope that helps, and hope to see you on FT often.

Originally Posted by bryanport
FYI- I did a transfer using the Marriott travel package and did not receive the 50% bonus when the miles posted. I called US Air and they said the bonus miles WILL post in 6 to 8 weeks.
That's to be expected - the bonus portion is often delayed. As long as you get the base amount posted by the deadline and verify that your transaction qualifies, you're golden with a wait.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bryanport
If I take advantage of the USAirways 50% conversion bonus and later cancel my stay will they refund the points that were used for the hotel stay?
yea but they are worth only a fraction of what they are normally

eg I have had a 7 night Cat6 sitting in my acct for way to long and renew it every year if I dont renew it and want the pts back in I will get only 95k which is like 13.5 per night , so I keep renewing it hoping to use it at a Cat6 or add some pts and use it at a 7 or 8.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Sounds reasonable (my order was in late December). I'll give it another couple weeks. Thanks!
Just to close this out.

Points had still not posted, so I called Marriott Rewards CSR number, explained the situation, gave the CSR my transaction/receipt number, and the points were posted within minutes!

Really great work by Marriott's CSR. With the electronic orders, receipts, and all things can go wrong; how well and fast the recovery is done when the problem is brought to their attention is the key.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:00 pm

Hi, I'm new to this (everything)...I have some questions, if we use those websites (Bigcrumbs) and so on to purchase gift cards or stay in marriott, will we receive the marriott reward points? Thanks guys=)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, I'm new to this (everything)...I have some questions, if we use those websites (Bigcrumbs) and so on to purchase gift cards or stay in marriott, will we receive the marriott reward points? Thanks guys=)
Yes.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: marriott
Great thread

Wow!! Very well done. Thank you
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
To bring mine to a close. I had purchased the max gift cards for myself and two family members. I used their names as delivery and their MR # on the order, but used my Marriott Visa to pay for them. I've done this for 5 years prior to this last year. In all prior years, the points just posted. This year, the points posted after several phone calls and a promise that we'd not do this again in the future. They gave me some weak reason for not allowing it to be done like "we had problems with two people trying to get points for the gift card purchase so we can no longer allow this to happen." Ok. I think they should update T&C to specify that name on payment page much be the member getting the points if they want to play that way, but I got the points this time.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:19 pm

BigCrumbs rebate?

Did anyone get rebates from BigCrumbs for the Marriott Gift Cards purchased during last year end's? I purchased the gift card on 1/7 and received the bonus 10 pts/$ from Marriott, but received no rebates from BigCrumbs. I was trying to give them more time before I launch a missing credit request. But when I am trying to launch the request on BigCrumbs today, I got the error saying I should have done that within 60 days of the purchase date. I guess I had no luck again this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.