Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud Hotel, France [Master Thread]

Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:32 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Rue du Lt Colonel de Montbrison 123 Rueil-Malmaison, FR 92500

Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud Hotel [Master Thread] (6 Photos)

Overall the hotel is a bit dated but is fine for those who want a Marriott property often at a lower price point.

This hotel is most suited if you have a car. Parking is free and it takes about 15-30 minutes (depending on traffic) to get into central Paris. 

I did look and saw that public transportation would also work but mostly with considerable walks to the next station. Therefore I couldn't recommend the hotel to most without a car. 

The.hotel is located at the Hippodrome horse race track. Otherwise the area is mostly residential with some commercial and gastro options within easy driving distance. 

Check In

My titanium status was recognized. I was offered 750 points or breakfast. The breakfast was chosen and extended to all three adults in my group. I was also notified that I would get 1000 points since they do not offer a lounge. 

The lady was friendly enough but did not really explain the hotel at all concerning timings and location of breakfast, etc. I guess this made the check in process more efficient. I had done mobile check in but it did not seem to lead to a more abbreviated process than regular check in. I still had to show my passport and credit card and sign the form. 

Room

As mentioned the rooms are a bit dated but clean and functional. The bathroom toilet paper holder was falling from the wall and the wallpaper under the sink was peeling off. To me these are maintenance issues. It kind of reminded me of the issues that many of the UK country club Marriott locations (now all de-flagged or rebranded) had when I visited them often years ago. 

i had chosen this hotel because it was one of the few that allowed three adults in one room. We did not get an upgrade but also did not want one for this reason.

We noticed that the hotel has a Eiffel Tower view room with a terrace. I would advise against this because I cannot imagine you will have an obstructed view. There is a big tree in the way. 
IMG_8416.jpegIMG_8415.jpeg

The room does not have any usb outlets, but has plenty of European outlets. 

The separate toilet is very cramped and tgevtiny sink is difficult to use. The main bath gad a separate shower and tub and was fine. Overall however I felt the bathroom facilities could have used the space better. 

the bed and sofa bed were both comfortable. 

IMG_8410.jpegIMG_8411.jpegIMG_8412.jpeg

Dining

Aapparently this restaurant is not run by the hotel and you cannot charge items to your room bill, so no F&B points. 

Service

In the room I received a handwritten welcome note in French welcoming me to Paris and mentioning "une surprise" for me in the mini bar. It was a half-bottle of Moët champagne. A very nice gesture!

IMG_8414.jpeg

Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud Hotel [Master Thread]

Would you like to write a review on the Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:27 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Breakfast is not actually served in the grill restaurant but in several adjacent rooms.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:34 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Two pictures of the view from the view. The Eiffel Tower photos further upthread require major stretching out of the window.

If I overheard the conversation with another guest this hotel was once a Sheraton (or perhaps she meant Sheraton group) years ago. It apparently is locally kniwnbas the Paris Country Club which explains their wifi password that ends in pcc.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:06 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

One last note: my rental car‘s GPS sent me down a restricted access road that ends at a fence that likely belongs to the hotel. It was not that easy to turn around. Google Maps did not want to send me down there. Be mindful of this should you be asked to make a really sharp turn down a really narrow road which probably will strike you as odd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.