Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:17 am

i sent in my 50k ap about a month ago. i had to call the back door number to get approved. my card is in my on line account, but i have not gotten the card in the mail yet. i secure emailed cs and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting us about the Chase Marriott
Rewards Premier account .
I added 20,000 points to your account. You will see this
adjustment on the October 19, 2011 billing statement.

It was my pleasure to assist you today. If you have any
further questions, please reply using the Secure Message
Center.

Thank you,

[name redacted]
Email Customer Service Advisor

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 22, 2011 at 6:34 pm Reason: removed name
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:58 pm

Fingers crossed on this one. Had to send 10,000 Marriott points over to 2000 US Airways miles to get a hit in their grand slam promotion. This would be a great way to restore those and more!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
i have not gotten the card in the mail yet. i secure emailed cs
I haven't received my card either...how did you get your account number to send a secure email?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:01 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
I applied for the card last week and my EQNs have posted to my account -- Yes, I am spending my first night as gold tonight! -- but no points have yet posted. I called customer service and they said it would take about a month until the 50,000 points to post. Also, I have not yet received the physical card. So I'm not sure how I could go about asking for more points when I still have not received the card (no number yet) and the 50K has not yet posted. So I'm planning on asking for the additional 20K as soon as I get a physical card and have a number. However, it sounds like a previous poster has received the additional 20K before even having a number -- can that be confirmed? Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:05 pm

Received my card and sent a SM yesterday...reply below:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again in
regards to the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier...

I added 20,000 points to your account. You will see this
adjustment on the October 12, 2011 statement.

It was a pleasure to assist you. If you have any further
questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

XXXXXX
Email Customer Service Advisor
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
asked for 70k from the 50k offer I applied on. Denied based on the 90 day even though only one statement was generated. I liked how the mail says it's a fair and even decision across all card holders. LOL.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by jeanie
I had a Marriott Visa a couple of years ago, and then cancelled it before it charged the annual fee. I am also interested in hearing other people's feedback on the churning issue. A year or two after the original account had been closed, has anyone gotten the bonus points again?

Thanks.
From what I recall from various posts, when you churn the Marriott card you get the points again but do not get the first-year free night cert. Something about one being from Marriott and other from Chase.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:28 am

I'm interested in this card. I am not currently 'loyal' to one hotel chain, but would consider Marriott.

Regarding the points, I read an advertisement for it that claimed that the points were able to transfer to 30 different airline point programs. Can anyone verify this or provide a list of eligible airline programs? I was not able to find concise info anywhere I looked.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Pete838
I was not able to find concise info anywhere I looked.
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/moreairmi.mi

If you're looking for airline miles you may be better off getting an airline credit card. I think the SPG card will also get you better conversion rates.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: RC Gold, Hilton DIA, AA Gold, iPrefer, Hyatt Plat
Just got 20K added for Premier

Originally Posted by BLG
I applied for the card last week and my EQNs have posted to my account -- Yes, I am spending my first night as gold tonight! -- but no points have yet posted. I called customer service and they said it would take about a month until the 50,000 points to post. Also, I have not yet received the physical card. So I'm not sure how I could go about asking for more points when I still have not received the card (no number yet) and the 50K has not yet posted. So I'm planning on asking for the additional 20K as soon as I get a physical card and have a number. However, it sounds like a previous poster has received the additional 20K before even having a number -- can that be confirmed? Thanks.
Yes. I asked for the 20K bump as I applied within 90 days using the 50K app. Just got SM today that the 20K would be noted to my November statement. Do not have card in hand yet. I went online after receiving an email that the card was on its way and used the SM and the account number that was showing online to request the bump. Again, do not even have the card in hand yet. I should note that I also have the RCR Card, and applied for both on the same day...the Marriott was held up a bit until I pointed out that I had previously held three Chase accounts for years...(used the Disney rewards and it is very sloooow) and I had shut them down and was simply opening up three again....Hyatt in March and these two in September...anyway...all that being said...still got the bump for applying within time frame.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/moreairmi.mi

If you're looking for airline miles you may be better off getting an airline credit card. I think the SPG card will also get you better conversion rates.
Wow, anywhere from 3:1 to 5:1 on airline transfers. Not spectacular. I was hoping it was more along the lines of the Starwood program.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Wow, anywhere from 3:1 to 5:1 on airline transfers. Not spectacular. I was hoping it was more along the lines of the Starwood program.
Don't get one loyalty card to get points in another program. You will always lose out on the conversion. If you want the points, then my $0.02 is stay at Marriott. If you want airline miles, get a comparable card.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: onepass
Wow. I sent the SM last night, and received a e-mail first thing this morning telling me that I will receive the 20k bump within 30 days. It couldn't have been more than 9 hours later. thanks for the info guys, and chase!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:58 pm

I received a targeted offer in the mail that belongs to my roommate. He's not interested in it. Anyone know if I can use his invitation/promo code and get the 70k miles bonus?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First of all, no other hotel program has 1:1 transfers.

But that's because Starwood points are valued completely differently hotel points in other programs (in terms of redemption, not in terms of credit card earning).

It's the fluke that Starwood points are of much higher value that makes it possible to do 1:1: transfers.

The second best is actually a hotel program at the other end of the spectrum: WyndhamRewards has a "net" earn-transfer-miles ratio of 1:0.8.

All other hotel programs tend to be even worse (if your end goal is miles from credit card spend).

The issue is that miles redemption is based on how many points you earn on a stay (5 to 10 points per dollar at most Marriott brands and also most other hotel programs, but only 2 to 3 points per dollar at SPG), not how many points per dollar you earn on the credit card.

The only reason that WyndhamRewards works as well as it does from credit card to miles (1:0.8) is not just because the card earns 2 points per dollar spent (several hotel programs do that), but because WyndhamRewards has an unusually excellent points:miles redemption rate (8000:3200).

Second, as good as SPG points can be for airline conversions, they can have even higher value still when actually redeeming for hotels (instead of transferring for miles). I've gotten about a 0.9 cents per point for the one SPG hotel redemption I've done so far, and if that's possible on airline conversions, it tends to be at the high end of the scale (and only looking at "aspirational" fares you'd probably never pay in cash, while I was looking at a hotel rate that was higher than I'd like to pay but not "aspirational").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.