Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:05 pm

I applied for this card last month based on the 50k offer. I sent a secure message (no call ahead) requesting the terms of the 70k offer yesterday and received a message this morning indicating the additional 20k points should post within 30 days ^

Thanks to OP & those who suggested asking for the bonus bump (secure message appears to be the way to go)!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:25 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Is everything the same in the 70K offer, especially the 10 EQNs? Is the only difference the additional 20K?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I just got my extra 20K today!

BLG:
As far as I know the offer is the same as the 50K offer.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by snuggliestbear
I just got my extra 20K today!

BLG:
As far as I know the offer is the same as the 50K offer.
Awesome! Good to hear ppl have success with this.

Did you get the 20k posted in Marriot or is it Chase secure msg letting you know it'll post after next billing period?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:48 am

Shot down! Must request within 90 days.

hi,

i also applied for the 50k bonus card a few months ago. through encouragement of this thread, i submitted a secure online message on the chase.com website yesterday, asking them to consider crediting my account with 20k points based on the current 70k bonus promotion. this was their response to me today:

Dear Cabrits,

With the continual changes and promotional offers for many credit card products we at Chase will always consider allowing the newest promotion to be applied to any qualified accounts that were opened within the previous 90 days of the offer.

In reviewing the open date on the account, I regret to advise that the account is not qualified to participate in the new enrollment promotion and therefore we are unable to honor your request.

Although we appreciate your loyalty, we ask that you trust that this decision is the same for all members whose accounts do not fall within this designated time frame. We feel that adhering to the same policy for all members outside of this designated time frame is the best way to remain fair and consistent.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

XXXXXX
E-mail Customer Service Representative
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by barely_flying
Awesome! Good to hear ppl have success with this.

Did you get the 20k posted in Marriot or is it Chase secure msg letting you know it'll post after next billing period?
I got the points in Marriott already. This was just a couple days after my billing period ended.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I currently am SPG plat. I have about 25-30 stays per year at a hotel and spend about $30k on a CC. In your (anyone that reply's) opinion, is the MR Chase Premier Card better than the RC card? I probably could stay at a RC about 6-8 times per year for work.

I am most interested in having status for upgrades and points for hotel stays when traveling personally. (I could also stay with SPG but now that AA LT status is changing, I am rethinking my hotel travel [previously transferred SPG points to AA Miles).

Marriott is appealing due to their depth and breadth of products. Hyatt doesnt cover where I always go (neither does starwood, but it gets me close). Hilton would be my third choice behind SPG/Marriott.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Just keep in mind Marriott status is currently based on nights only, not points. Points are good only for redemptions, not for status raising. However there are some good opportunities for redemption at the higher levels. Stay 5 pay for 4 type of things. Good luck.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
I have been a Chase/Marriott Rwards card holder for several years, but I have the "regular" card.... I just sent them a secure message a few moments ago asking about "upgrading" to the Premier card, and also asked if I would qualify for the bonus that the send me in the mail often (50,000 and 70,000).

Personally, Im not interested in having too many cards, so my hope is that they will simply "upgrade" me without having to create a new account.

Will let you know their response.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:57 am

They got back to me, although it was well outside of the four hour window, and informed me that I would have no problem simply upgrading the account. However, I would not be eligible for the enrollment bonus.

I replied and questioned this. I told them that I am a very loyal Chase / Marriott customer, and would be incurring an increase in the annual fee for this new card. I also mentioned that fact that I recieve mailers several times a month marketing this bonus to me, and would find it dissapointing if they could not honor the literature that is sent so often.

We will see... and of course I will let you guys know.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 3:53 pm

I finally got around to sending a secure message to Chase last night and they responded this morning by saying they would add another 20,000 points to my next account statement.

Thanks for the encouragement from the posters on this thread!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by diogenes2011
I finally got around to sending a secure message to Chase last night and they responded this morning by saying they would add another 20,000 points to my next account statement.
After spending a lot of time reading FlyerTalk, I saw this offer here and went for it. I'd just been approved for a Marriott Premier card last week and don't even have it yet - but a very kind customer service person at Chase added 20,000 extra points yesterday and made my day (I sent the request in by secured message, as some others here have done).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Just got a reply that 20,000 additional points will be added in my account!! Cant tell you how useful these points are at this time!!

Thanx, OP!! ^^
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:58 pm

They got back with me once again and moved a little! The offer was fir 10k points to upgrade my current to the premier... I'm pretty happy with that cause I was gonna do it anyway!

Now gonna try to get my wife to sign up for one too! She should get the 70k and I believe we can link it to my MR account? She is not into adding a card, but she sure does love multiple free vacations every year!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:02 pm

Smile

I also had just gotten this card a few weeks ago...and was successful at getting the extra 20k points via secure message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.