Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:01 pm

The annual free night Category 5 certificate - does that reach the Marriot account before or after the annual fee posts?

Basically I'm trying to see if I can time my card cancellation after getting the annual cert but before the annual fee. Any tips here much appreciated
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:08 am

Problem with Marriott Rewards

In July I was referred by a friend to apply for the Chase Marriott Rewards Visa. The deal was she received 10,000 points for referring me and I was to receive 70,000 points by spending $1000 in 3 months. I spent the $1000 and she got the 10,000 points. However, I did not get my points; when I called the credit card company they told me the offer was actually for spending $2000! I am sure I am correct but unfortunately did not save my initial paperwork. Do you have any information on this previous promotion?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would suggest posting in a new or appropriate thread here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...00-points.html

This thread is about gift cards, not credit card offers.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:17 pm

Hi, just joined and looking for a referral code/link before opening the Marriott CC. Thanks.

*EDIT*

Joined MR

Last edited by SuwaneeDad; Feb 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Marriott

Thats wrong by me
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bjohnson523
In July I was referred by a friend to apply for the Chase Marriott Rewards Visa. The deal was she received 10,000 points for referring me and I was to receive 70,000 points by spending $1000 in 3 months. I spent the $1000 and she got the 10,000 points. However, I did not get my points; when I called the credit card company they told me the offer was actually for spending $2000! I am sure I am correct but unfortunately did not save my initial paperwork. Do you have any information on this previous promotion?
There are two different card offers, one gives the bonus on $1000 spend the other on $2000 spend but the 70K offer seems to always go with the $2000 spend from what I see. It confused me too.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by metermaid33 (Post #330)
Typically, when do the 15 elite nights show up in your account once you have been approved? I received the Cat 1-4 Cert yesterday. I was curious if the elite nights would show up at the same time, but they didn't. When I went back to read the T&C, I got a bit confused.

On one screen it says, "15 credits toward Elite status every year after account anniversary."

On another screen it says, "15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary.*"

That first line seems to suggest that you don't get the elite nights until your card anniversary. Just wondering if anyone has not had the elite nights show up.
Yes, the one-night Category 1-4 Certificate showed up first for my wife and me, very shortly after approval.

Our 15 Elite Nights both showed up soon thereafter. In June 2013, mine were credited 30 days before my first account statement. In March 2014, my wife's were credited 18 days before her first account statement.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Yes, the one-night Category 1-4 Certificate showed up first for my wife and me, very shortly after approval.
I got my 15 elite nights but still have not gotten the free night cert. Its been about a month since approval I think. Been getting points for spend posted and met the initial spend requirement a couple weeks ago but waiting for the bonus points as well.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by bjohnson523
I would just send a secure message and see if they'll give it to you. Has your deadline passed yet? You could always just spend another 1k
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
FYI - I've heard that Marriott gives a courtesy six month extension of the free night certificate.

I got my free night in December, booked at the new Guyana Marriott for March, then canceled the card.

Turns out the hotel's opening will be delayed it won't be open in March.

I asked Marriott for an extension of expiration date since my planned use of the certificate has been thwarted by their hotel not opening as scheduled.

She said she would check if I was eligible for an extension then said no extension because I had cancelled the card.

So if you are thinking of canceling the card, you should extend any certs first.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by noamaan
The annual free night Category 5 certificate - does that reach the Marriot account before or after the annual fee posts?

Basically I'm trying to see if I can time my card cancellation after getting the annual cert but before the annual fee. Any tips here much appreciated
Has anybody been able to verify if this is possible? My wife and I both have the card. I was about to cancel but I thought I would check to see if we can get two free nights.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by IPityTheBarrieHarrop
Has anybody been able to verify if this is possible? My wife and I both have the card. I was about to cancel but I thought I would check to see if we can get two free nights.
Mine just rolled around in March... the annual fee posted, then a few days later the certificate was posted to the account.
Old May 27, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
The free night certificates are now valid for 1 year:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...-for-one-year/
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by onthego15
The free night certificates are now valid for 1 year:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...-for-one-year/
Does one get to keep the annual free night cert if he cancels his credit card right after receiving the cert?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by lax2010
Does one get to keep the annual free night cert if he cancels his credit card right after receiving the cert?
Yes. This and other useful info is collected in the wiki for the master thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mier-visa.html

(I've suggested that the thread we're in now be closed since it's totally duplicative of the other. Obivously, that suggestion has not been accepted.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.