Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Autograph Collection Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Question Autograph Collection Questions

As a Platinum member would I still get the platinum benefits (upgraded room, free breakfast, etc) staying at an Autograph Collection hotel?
We are looking to spend one night at the Raphael Hotel in Kansas City and was just wondering if I would recieve my regular benefits.

CSBM
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CSBM
As a Platinum member would I still get the platinum benefits (upgraded room, free breakfast, etc) staying at an Autograph Collection hotel?
Yes, Autograph hotels are treated as full-service Marriott properties for Platinum benefits:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...ts/platinum.mi

My only personal experience with an Autograph Collection property was a one-night stay (with a Marriott Rewards certificate) at the Bohemian Hotel Celebration in Celebration, Florida. Without asking, I was upgraded to junior suite. For my welcome gift, I picked wine and cheese; the wine was the usual ordinary wine in a 375 mm bottle, but it was the nicest cheese assortment that I've received as a welcome gift. It was a Friday night stay, so there was no breakfast on Saturday morning. I was told than on weekdays they provide a certificate toward breakfast. (I vaguely recall the amount mentioned was $10, but I could be wrong.)

Overall, it was an excellent experience.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by Horace
Yes, Autograph hotels are treated as full-service Marriott properties for Platinum benefits:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...ts/platinum.mi

My only personal experience with an Autograph Collection property was a one-night stay (with a Marriott Rewards certificate) at the Bohemian Hotel Celebration in Celebration, Florida. Without asking, I was upgraded to junior suite. For my welcome gift, I picked wine and cheese; the wine was the usual ordinary wine in a 375 mm bottle, but it was the nicest cheese assortment that I've received as a welcome gift. It was a Friday night stay, so there was no breakfast on Saturday morning. I was told than on weekdays they provide a certificate toward breakfast. (I vaguely recall the amount mentioned was $10, but I could be wrong.)

Overall, it was an excellent experience.
I thought that that hotel was terrible. Every room they put me in smelled musty, and the hotel itself was just plain old. They ended up crediting my points back for the stay.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
At the Bohemian in Savannah on a two-night stay we had a lovely room with a jacuzzi right in the room- I imagine it was an upgrade. The hotel itself is very attractive - lots of interesting original art everywhere. We were offered a choice for breakfast - a $10 voucher or continental for one. We opted for the continental which was, incidentally, more than enough for two.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
The Autograph "Henry" (as in Ford) in Dearborn, MI upgrades and has a great lounge...somewhat dated as it was a Ritz, but they just redid their restaurant/bar area.

And Greenfield Village is a mile away
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: All
Originally Posted by Westin
I thought that that hotel was terrible. Every room they put me in smelled musty, and the hotel itself was just plain old. They ended up crediting my points back for the stay.
Haha, well I guess Autographs tend to be old buildings. However I stayed in the Hotel Minneapolis and it was pretty nice.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by JAKMICH
The Autograph "Henry" (as in Ford) in Dearborn, MI upgrades and has a great lounge...somewhat dated as it was a Ritz, but they just redid their restaurant/bar area.

And Greenfield Village is a mile away
So The Henry has a lounge? I didn't see it on the sticky thread about lounges. I just wanted to verify as I was thinking of taking DH there for a couple nights for his birthday in February. I hope to be gold by then.

Maggie
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:06 pm

2 Hotels

I stayed at Hotel Minneapolis and Raphael in Kansas City they went out their way to upgrade me as a Plat Prem
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I stayed at the Cosmopolitan this summer and was upgraded to a suite and received free breakfast each day. I did eventually receive the 500 pt amenity, though it took some work chasing all the points for the stay.

I just returned from an award stay at El Monte Sagrado in Taos. They were sold out all week, so I got the 1BR suite I reserved. I did receive my chosen amenity - 2 sodas and a very nice cheese/fruit/crackers plate as well as a coupon for $10 off breakfast for each morning of my stay.

Having opened in 12/2010 and in 2003 with a doubling of rooms in 2007, respectively, I can't agree that Autographs tend to be old.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred and Companion Pass holder, AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
We stayed at the Casa Monica (Autograph) in St. Augustine, FL as a plat, and were treated well - no real room upgrade, but comped apps & drinks, point bonus, etc - it was nice. Neat hotel too.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by maggiew
so the henry has a lounge? I didn't see it on the sticky thread about lounges. I just wanted to verify as i was thinking of taking dh there for a couple nights for his birthday in february. I hope to be gold by then.

Maggie
and they have free booze!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.