Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Q: Ritz credit card with 3 free nights

Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

I signed up for the Ritz-Carlton card around this time last year, when it came with three free nights at hotels with a Tier 1-4 designation. I managed to use the certificates as well as one of the club lounge upgrades without any problems.

For some reason, I thought you received three nights every calendar night. I don't see any new certificates for 2018 posted, although my new club lounge upgrade certificates have been posted.

Did I misunderstand the credit card and the three free nights was only one-time-only?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Yes, the free nights are one-time sign-up bonus, (and now it's only 2 nights).

See offer details here:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep2CNv2?CELL=607L&SPID=FL2T&jp_cmp=cc/na/ext/na/07L

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I signed up for the Ritz-Carlton card around this time last year, when it came with three free nights at hotels with a Tier 1-4 designation. I managed to use the certificates as well as one of the club lounge upgrades without any problems.

For some reason, I thought you received three nights every calendar night. I don't see any new certificates for 2018 posted, although my new club lounge upgrade certificates have been posted.

Did I misunderstand the credit card and the three free nights was only one-time-only?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
That stinks. I'll be cancelling the card.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat
does any one know (recently ala the 2 nights free signup bonus) how long it takes the certs to post after the $4k spend?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Does anyone know if they offer anything as an incentive not to cancel the card?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

My colleague threatened to cancel his Ritz card and Chase offered him three new certificates.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:42 pm

My colleague threatened to cancel his Ritz card and Chase offered him three new certificates.
That is insane! How much spend did he put on his card this year?

Last edited by SQ007; Nov 7, 2017 at 9:26 am
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:20 pm

That is so far outside of anything that has been reported on the Chase renewal link that I'd have to see it to believe it. My first I was able to score a T1-4 cert for 5k spend. However, those reports are few and far between, especially for year two renewals.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...e-reserve.html
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ007
That is insane! How much spend did you put on his card this year?
I didn't use his card. This was his experience. I'm going to try his approach to see if Chase will offer me an incentive to keep the card as I like seeing people's facial expression when they lift the super-heavy Ritz card.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I would say your chances of success are minute to say the least. No hotel card would give you three free nights a year, let alone even two.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
I wonder if your colleague was referring to Club upgrade certificates, not free night certs.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

He showed me the email. It confirmed his three free nights were extended one year.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
He showed me the email. It confirmed his three free nights were extended one year.
"Extended" explains everything. His old certs were extended? Your original statement said "new" certificates. Big difference.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GueroDeTejas
"Extended" explains everything. His old certs were extended? Your original statement said "new" certificates. Big difference.
My apologizes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.