Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
So I just got this card recently, and my first Ritz stay on this card was at Santiago Chile. So I checked my Chase statement and found that I was given the 1x (Points earned on all other purchases) on my charge, even though it clearly states Ritz-Carlton as the charge: what gives?

Also, just now I got a member email from Ritz Carlton which states that earn 10X points on all stays at RC or Mariott. I thought it was 5x points? Either ways, seems like both are moot given that I am only getting 1x points.

Or is that I will get 10x points per $ spent from my membership in the program and then 5x from the card as well? I.e. if I spend $500, do I get 5000 from the rewards program and then 2500 from the Credit Card, for a total of 7500?

Anyone had a discrepancy with the points on their statement?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
I haven't seen an issue on my statement, but you should receive the following:
-10x points on room rate only (through membership regardless of card being used)
-2.5x points on room rate only (the RC card gives you gold membership during the first year so there is a gold bonus)
-5x points on all RC charges posted on card (room rate, incidentals, taxes, etc.)

The only exception to the above are the RC hotels that don't participate in the rewards program (like the Reserve properties). If there's an issue on your statement, call Chase to ask and see why. Also, on some Marriotts, the first two multipliers can apply for room charges as well.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CaroPalms
I haven't seen an issue on my statement, but you should receive the following:
-10x points on room rate only (through membership regardless of card being used)
-2.5x points on room rate only (the RC card gives you gold membership during the first year so there is a gold bonus)
-5x points on all RC charges posted on card (room rate, incidentals, taxes, etc.)

The only exception to the above are the RC hotels that don't participate in the rewards program (like the Reserve properties). If there's an issue on your statement, call Chase to ask and see why. Also, on some Marriotts, the first two multipliers can apply for room charges as well.
Thank you very much! That was very helpful.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:01 pm

Stayed at the Amelia Island Ritz this weekend. Was told that you can get $100 incidental credit - assuming you're on a two night paid stay - even if you don't use the Z34 booking code. I booked a stay without it, then tried to get the code added to my reservation. Long story short, it was never added and I didn't find out until check-in. The front desk person told me that he would give me the credit before I mentioned that I thought I had already booked that special code.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Can I book through Amex FHR and still be able to upgrade it to the Club level using the e-certs?

Also I see that the credit card rate is higher by $100 per night so I dont see much benefits in making a loss of $100 for a 2 night stay with the $100 credit included in using the credit card rate. For e.g. St Thomas Ritz has a rate of 469 per night in June time frame and the credit card rate with the $100 credit is $569.

Am I doing something wrong?

- naroowal

- naroowal
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by naroowal
Can I book through Amex FHR and still be able to upgrade it to the Club level using the e-certs?

I'm interested in this as well.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:19 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by naroowal

Also I see that the credit card rate is higher by $100 per night so I dont see much benefits in making a loss of $100 for a 2 night stay with the $100 credit included in using the credit card rate. For e.g. St Thomas Ritz has a rate of 469 per night in June time frame and the credit card rate with the $100 credit is $569.

Am I doing something wrong?

- naroowal

- naroowal
Originally Posted by sig05
I'm interested in this as well.

NO! You cannot do that. To get the upgrade or $100 certificate, you must PAY with your Ritz Visa. To book the room with Amex FHR, you must PAY with Amex.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:24 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by NDN
NO! You cannot do that. To get the upgrade or $100 certificate, you must PAY with your Ritz Visa. To book the room with Amex FHR, you must PAY with Amex.
+1

That's the perks of each program....
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by NDN
That's theoretically true but not always applied. I had a stay at a Fairmont recently that I booked with FHR and I wound up paying for it with my CSP. I never gave them a card. I assume it must have been in my Fairmont President's Club profile and they just used the card they already had on file. Still I would expect that most of the time you would get resistance at the check-in desk if you tried to use a card other than the Platinum on a FHR booking.

Of course some of the time the FHR deal is too good to pass up (3rd night free, for example), so go ahead and book it in that case, but don't count on getting the Ritz card benefits as well.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Is there still a valid 140,000 point link out there? Can't find any!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Gabrca
Is there still a valid 140,000 point link out there? Can't find any!
140k promo is dead. Replaced with 1 free night tier 1-4 after $2k spend.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:12 pm

I don't know who is going take them up on this lame offer, with this card. Chase can keep that crappy with that "$300 travel incidental credit", which is so difficult to use.

Originally Posted by Tanic
140k promo is dead. Replaced with 1 free night tier 1-4 after $2k spend.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:39 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by SPYDER67
I don't know who is going take them up on this lame offer, with this card. Chase can keep that crappy with that "$300 travel incidental credit", which is so difficult to use.
who knows it might come back again...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Does it matter for (a) hitting initial spend or (b) calling in for travel credits whether the card used is that of the cardholder or that of an AU? Cards look identical except for the name, but I just want to make sure that name on charge does not mess anything up. TIA...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Does it matter for (a) hitting initial spend or (b) calling in for travel credits whether the card used is that of the cardholder or that of an AU? Cards look identical except for the name, but I just want to make sure that name on charge does not mess anything up. TIA...
For bonus spend, it does not matter. They're on the same account, so you're good.

for travel reimbursement, the purchase can be MADE with an AU card, but the primary cardholder has to be the one to call in to request reimbursement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.