Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by daberlin
However, to my surprise, the cards were made of plastic even though my Marriott Rewards cards are metal. Called Chase to whine about this injustice and was told that given the massive response to the RC CC promotion, they've run out of metal cards. They stated that they would ship new ones out once their factory gets another delivery of metal cards.
Ironic...I was returning to Portland from Las Vegas today, and while reaching for my wallet several times at McCarran Airport, my metal RC Visa card fell out and hit the floor with a loud clang! Of course, none of my other plastic cards did that. I was actually wishing that the RC card was made of plastic, or at least a lighter weight metal!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:15 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by philwupdx
Ironic...I was returning to Portland from Las Vegas today, and while reaching for my wallet several times at McCarran Airport, my metal RC Visa card fell out and hit the floor with a loud clang! Of course, none of my other plastic cards did that. I was actually wishing that the RC card was made of plastic, or at least a lighter weight metal!
I have a TUMI L-fold wallet and have a similar problem. The preferred card pocket cannot contain the metal card. The Ritz card calls out of there all the time because of the weight. I have to put it in a tighter back card pocket.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:18 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by lovefreebreakfasts
I have a question about the club level certs and the $100 resort credit. Can you get both on the same reservation?

Also, to get these, does the reservation have to be through ritz, or can it be through a different travel agent?

Can you use the club level certs on coorporate rates? How about on a friends and family rate?

Sorry if these have been answered before!
Answers in order:

(1) Don't know if you can get both $100 and the club-level upgrade. I would bet you can.
(2) I reserved through concur and called to add the club-level upgrade; so it can be made through agencies.
(3) Corporate rates or other nonpublic rates are not eligible. It can only be used on standard rates--though sometimes the standard rates on the site are higher than available when you add the certificate. For example, I had a $399 standard rate booked for San Fran Ritz. I called to add the certificate, and they gave me a $319 rate and added the club-level upgrade!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by philwupdx
I was actually wishing that the RC card was made of plastic, or at least a lighter weight metal!
Ha, the wife and I are both a little embarrassed of the unwanted attention the heavy metal card draws; For some reason it also "feels" ridiculous to me. We also wish it was plain plastic... or if they wanted to go fancy, maybe carbon fiber?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:56 am

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jay K
[O]r if they wanted to go fancy, maybe carbon fiber?
^^^
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by NDN
Answers in order:

(1) Don't know if you can get both $100 and the club-level upgrade. I would bet you can.
Just wanted to add from my experience using it. Yes you can get the $100 resort credit for a two night or longer stay along with the club-level upgrade. But you do have to ask for it. There are two booking codes for club-level upgrades, one with the $100 and one without. I booked a two night stay at Amelia Island last year and didn't ask for it. I thought it would be automatic. After reviewing the email reservation confirmation I called back and they switched it to add the $100 resort credit.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I already have 3 chase cards, the most recent being the Marriott Rewards visa which I had to verify my information and they gave me a very small credit line ($5k) which is understandable since my credit line on the other two are $50k. I don't need that much credit on the cards, but wonder if I want to apply for the RC Visa -- mainly because I do want the 140k point bonus -- do I call and ask Chase to proactively reduce my credit lines?

I've re-allocated in the past, but never said 'give me less credit'?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I already have 3 chase cards, the most recent being the Marriott Rewards visa which I had to verify my information and they gave me a very small credit line ($5k) which is understandable since my credit line on the other two are $50k. I don't need that much credit on the cards, but wonder if I want to apply for the RC Visa -- mainly because I do want the 140k point bonus -- do I call and ask Chase to proactively reduce my credit lines?

Check out this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by bigdave10000
Just wanted to add from my experience using it. Yes you can get the $100 resort credit for a two night or longer stay along with the club-level upgrade. But you do have to ask for it. There are two booking codes for club-level upgrades, one with the $100 and one without. I booked a two night stay at Amelia Island last year and didn't ask for it. I thought it would be automatic. After reviewing the email reservation confirmation I called back and they switched it to add the $100 resort credit.
I just tried the club level upgrade and $100 credit and was told it wasn't possible. I know the code is Z34 for $100 and Z38 for the upgrade. I may have to call back to see if I can get someone else to add it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
I just tried the club level upgrade and $100 credit and was told it wasn't possible. I know the code is Z34 for $100 and Z38 for the upgrade. I may have to call back to see if I can get someone else to add it.
I have done it twice. Is your reservation for two or more nights? I made a reservation this week for three nights in September at the Ritz in Ft Lauderdale. The summary of charges section of the confirmation email reads, "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, includes upgrade at time of booking to Club Level, must pay with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, 100 USD hotel credit per stay, see Rate Rules."

I called 800-542-8680.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by bigdave10000
I have done it twice. Is your reservation for two or more nights? I made a reservation this week for three nights in September at the Ritz in Ft Lauderdale. The summary of charges section of the confirmation email reads, "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, includes upgrade at time of booking to Club Level, must pay with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, 100 USD hotel credit per stay, see Rate Rules."

I called 800-542-8680.
Yes, it is for two night. In fact, it's at the Amelia Island Ritz. I just received the card a few days ago, so I switched my reservation from AMEX to RC to utilize the upgrade. The woman I spoke with indicated that it was a violation of T & C because the $100 is a stand alone offer while the club level upgrade cannot be combined with any other offer. I didn't protest as a new cardholder because I was confused as well.
As you indicated in your post, I thought I was reading that correctly. I will call back and report back with the results.
Thanks for the help.

Edit: UPDATE. I was able to combine both club level upgrade and the $100 hotel credit after speaking with another rep.

Last edited by sig05; Jan 30, 2015 at 6:20 am Reason: update
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sig05
Yes, it is for two night. In fact, it's at the Amelia Island Ritz. I just received the card a few days ago, so I switched my reservation from AMEX to RC to utilize the upgrade. The woman I spoke with indicated that it was a violation of T & C because the $100 is a stand alone offer while the club level upgrade cannot be combined with any other offer. I didn't protest as a new cardholder because I was confused as well.
As you indicated in your post, I thought I was reading that correctly. I will call back and report back with the results.
Thanks for the help.
Good luck on that.

On a similar topic this offer will also not work at the RC Singapore. This property won't honor points awards, $100 off 2 night room rate, or the club level upgrade certs. I'm there in May and would have liked to have stayed at RC instead of the Marriott property which I've been to several times.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by NDN
Answers in order:

(2) I reserved through concur and called to add the club-level upgrade; so it can be made through agencies.
(3) Corporate rates or other nonpublic rates are not eligible. It can only be used on standard rates--though sometimes the standard rates on the site are higher than available when you add the certificate. For example, I had a $399 standard rate booked for San Fran Ritz. I called to add the certificate, and they gave me a $319 rate and added the club-level upgrade!
Thanks! I was planning on booking through the citi prestige card to avail 4th night free benefit. Would be sweet if I could combine 4th night free with club upgrade and $100 resort credit, which seems like it should work!

EDIT: forgot that $100 resort credit is only available if booked through the Ritz credit card. D'oh.

Last edited by lovefreebreakfasts; Jan 28, 2015 at 11:28 pm
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:00 am

Cool

Originally Posted by pitflyer

Yes, I just SM'ed them and had 3 Chase limits cut in half, they did it in less than a day on all 3 (both spouse and I had >$30K limits on the Ritz card, plus similar on SW cards). Anyway know that we have our 280K Marriott points, they are sock drawer cards, my wallet was already too large and heavy without this obnoxious card. While I was using it I joked with a few cashiers that it doubled up as a a Chinese throwing star in case someone tried to take it from me

Edit: In your SM, say you want your credit limit reduced from XXXX to YYYY, therefore they don't have to ask you how much or anything. They just changed it to exactly what I asked for.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by chuzzlewit
Yes, I just SM'ed them and had 3 Chase limits cut in half, they did it in less than a day on all 3 (both spouse and I had >$30K limits on the Ritz card, plus similar on SW cards). Anyway know that we have our 280K Marriott points, they are sock drawer cards, my wallet was already too large and heavy without this obnoxious card. While I was using it I joked with a few cashiers that it doubled up as a a Chinese throwing star in case someone tried to take it from me

Edit: In your SM, say you want your credit limit reduced from XXXX to YYYY, therefore they don't have to ask you how much or anything. They just changed it to exactly what I asked for.
That's exactly what I did. I said I want to reduce my credit limit to X. The response was 'DONE' and the website shows the lower amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.