Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Marriott and Ritz-Carlton | Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 9, 12, 5:10 am   #271

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
if i have chase marriott card before and closed. can i apply this card and get the bonus? do i need to move my membership from marriott to ritz carlton?
kunk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 9:35 am   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerloop View Post
I'm curious if anyone has yet used the Concierge service on this card yet? Especially if that person has also used the Amex plat or cent. Concierge before for comparison.
Just made the same 2 restaurant reservation requests via Amex plat and JPM concierges. Both reservations are for 30+ days out. One restaurant (Torrisi Italian Specialties) opens up availability tomorrow for their chef's tasting menu and the other (per se) on Wednesday. I'll post back once I get word.

Being that I have used the amex concierge before, I liked being able to email my requests. First time using JPM, I had to call and the person I spoke to was OK at best. Sounded like english was her second language. And it was slightly annoying to have to repeat the spelling of my last name upon calling and then again when giving my email address.
downright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 8:32 am   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by downright View Post
Just made the same 2 restaurant reservation requests via Amex plat and JPM concierges. Both reservations are for 30+ days out. One restaurant (Torrisi Italian Specialties) opens up availability tomorrow for their chef's tasting menu and the other (per se) on Wednesday. I'll post back once I get word.

Being that I have used the amex concierge before, I liked being able to email my requests. First time using JPM, I had to call and the person I spoke to was OK at best. Sounded like english was her second language. And it was slightly annoying to have to repeat the spelling of my last name upon calling and then again when giving my email address.
Just received an email from AMEX....they got a spot at Torrisi at their earlier seating. I emailed back to see if the later seating was available.

So right now...AMEX is leading. We'll see how this turns out.
Old Jul 10, 12, 9:00 am   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by downright View Post
Just received an email from AMEX....they got a spot at Torrisi at their earlier seating. I emailed back to see if the later seating was available.

So right now...AMEX is leading. We'll see how this turns out.
AMEX emailed back pretty much right away that they switched us to the late seating. I called JPM to cancel that one request. We'll see who snags us the Per Se reservation tomorrow.
Old Jul 10, 12, 8:31 pm   #275

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Gold
To get to platinum do you have to stay 75 nights or just an additional 25?
4bangn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 8:36 pm   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangn View Post
To get to platinum do you have to stay 75 nights or just an additional 25?
75 nights for Platinum. The Gold Status does not include credit for stays, only the level of status.
BlakeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 8:52 pm   #277

Programs: RC Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, UA 1K, VX Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeTraveler View Post
75 nights for Platinum. The Gold Status does not include credit for stays, only the level of status.
Getting this card has had the odd effect of making me stay LESS in Ritz and Marriott properties...

Marriott Platinum is hard to achieve. With this card and spend, I'll be Gold next year. Good enough.

So I just did a Diamond challenge with Hilton (21 nights / 90 days) and now have Diamond too...
LarkSFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:34 pm   #278

Programs: Marriott Gold
Was wondering about the gold status. I was told on the phone it is good for 12 months, so would be my anniversary date on June 15, 2013. Marriott levels are good from Feb-Feb so I wonder how this will be adjusted.
holocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 12:13 am   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by holocker View Post
Was wondering about the gold status. I was told on the phone it is good for 12 months, so would be my anniversary date on June 15, 2013. Marriott levels are good from Feb-Feb so I wonder how this will be adjusted.
Let us know what you find out.
Old Jul 11, 12, 1:23 pm   #280

Does this card use the same concierge as the Palladium card?

My experience with this concierge has been pretty dismal so far.
Old Jul 17, 12, 11:31 am   #281

Location: TAS - somewhere I can't use my FF status and points very well.
Programs: AA PLT & LTG, DL DIA & LTS, Marriott PLT & LTG
Has anyone with a MArriott card tried signing up for this on the hopes they won't notice that you have the card and get the 50k anyway? What was the outcome? I've had the Marriott Preferred card and don't want to give it up, but I've had it for 2 years; would hope that's long enough they don't remember me
2tall4economy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 12, 1:29 pm   #282

New 70,000 Point Sign-up Bonus for Ritz-Carlton Visa + 30,000 Point Stay Promotion
Old Jul 17, 12, 7:55 pm   #283

Programs: AMEX Platinum, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I've been largely disappointed with my card, as most of the RC benefits they tout are not applied unless you book under the rack rate.
cascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 12, 9:56 pm   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
I've been largely disappointed with my card, as most of the RC benefits they tout are not applied unless you book under the rack rate.
Except for the one killer benefit: Gold status for a $395 annual fee plus $10K spend...

I have had to argue with one property to receive the Club Floor upgrade even on rack rate ("It's a busy weekend."), and cancelled a second reservation and moved to a Fairmont because of the runaround they were giving me on the upgrade.

Chase needs to crack the whip on RC. RC gets a lot of money from Chase, they need to step up and deliver.
Old Jul 17, 12, 10:42 pm   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkSFO View Post
I have had to argue with one property to receive the Club Floor upgrade even on rack rate ("It's a busy weekend."), and cancelled a second reservation and moved to a Fairmont because of the runaround they were giving me on the upgrade.
And the hotels in question were...
dayone is offline   Reply With Quote