Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The rates for using the Club Level Upgrades at Half Moon Bay is almost double what the least expensive room that can be booked.

Anyone that is interested in going to Half Moon Bay I noticed they have a Sunday only special where rooms run only around $300 per night.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Troopers
Rates should be avail using code z34

SF Nov 5
Guest room, 1 king $603 (only room available)

HMB Nov 6, 7
Ocean view, 1 king or 2 queen $1900
That makes no sense. You can just straight up buy the Club room at HMB for 1049/night.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by taliesin
That makes no sense. You can just straight up buy the Club room at HMB for 1049/night.
Just checked. Price is 1049 as quoted above and z34 isn't available.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by taliesin
Coastal view, not Ocean view.

Originally Posted by sig05
Just checked. Price is 1049 as quoted above and z34 isn't available.
Z34 is available...just checked as well.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Coastal view, not Ocean view.

Z34 is available...just checked as well.
Interesting. On mine it's showing The special rate you selected is not available for the dates you requested.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by sig05
Interesting. On mine it's showing The special rate you selected is not available for the dates you requested.
I just now searched with Z34 and it came up.

The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, based upon availability, must pay with The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, 100 USD hotel credit per stay, see Rate details
773 for Coastal View or 812 for Ocean View, which are the same as the "Member Rates". I assume you might as well do Coastal View since there don't appear to be any Ocean View Club rooms for those two nights.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:35 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by highops
It's based on your anniversary date for sure.

I think mine took 6 days from the statement closing when I reached the threshold. (Or course it could have instead been a slightly longer time period from when I met the threshold, but that isn't how Chase usually works.) T&C say 6-8 weeks which is their usual language when it is based on statement close, but they might be a week behind. That is, if you reach the goal just before a statement closes you might have to wait until the next statement closes.

EDIT:
Glad to hear that it posted quickly for you - My son hit the threshold today but his statement doesn't close until 11/24. His goal is to have Plat status by 12/31 for his trip to Italy. Will report back when his status updates.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by damon88
Glad to hear that it posted quickly for you - My son hit the threshold today but his statement doesn't close until 11/24. His goal is to have Plat status by 12/31 for his trip to Italy. Will report back when his status updates.
United Silver has been great for me. 3 of 4 eligible segments upgraded. 1 ineligible (award) segment upgraded when United wanted to avoid an IDB.

I've also gotten ocean front in Maui with garden view and special renovation rate booked.

It still might not be worth passing on 2x, or URP. But, it was fun for a year. I've switched back to URP because I don't think I will spend enough this year.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: United
Couple of questions for you experienced travelers:

1) Has anyone used their $300 travel credit on a United Economy Plus Subscription? Not individual upgrades, but the actual subscription? The subscription is $499 so that $300 would go a long way

2) I have a 7 night stay coming up in NYC. I'm kinda excited about applying for this card for the 3 free nights for use at Battery Park. How would I book this trip? Book 1x3 day stay and 1x4 day stay? or book 1x7 day stay?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by svirfnebli
Couple of questions for you experienced travelers:

1) Has anyone used their $300 travel credit on a United Economy Plus Subscription? Not individual upgrades, but the actual subscription? The subscription is $499 so that $300 would go a long way

2) I have a 7 night stay coming up in NYC. I'm kinda excited about applying for this card for the 3 free nights for use at Battery Park. How would I book this trip? Book 1x3 day stay and 1x4 day stay? or book 1x7 day stay?
1) I have not but you can call the number on the back of the card after the charge posting to your card and they should manually reinburse you $300 without a problem.

2) call marriott gold desk (or platinum if you are) and it would have to be 2 different reservations. Book your cash stays first 4 nights and then 3 free nights. If you book with cash a nicer room or use uno of the club upgraded they might let you stay the whole 7 days in that room with those privileges
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Per Ritz Travel Benefits landing page:

Use it for qualifying airline purchases such as baggage fees, seat upgrades and preferred lounge memberships or passes. To apply travel credit call us at 1-855-896-2222 after using your card.

Has anyone tried claiming a discounted F/C seat on AA? AA has been representing for years that discounted first is Y inventory with an immediate upgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by txpenny
Per Ritz Travel Benefits landing page:

Use it for qualifying airline purchases such as baggage fees, seat upgrades and preferred lounge memberships or passes. To apply travel credit call us at 1-855-896-2222 after using your card.

Has anyone tried claiming a discounted F/C seat on AA? AA has been representing for years that discounted first is Y inventory with an immediate upgrade.
I kinda don't think that'll work. But what you can do is, but a discount Y ticket, then call AA to upfare your ticket to discount B and charge the upfare to Ritz. That should get you reimbursed, have done it that way.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
New Ritz-Carlton Visa Tips & Tricks?

I just got my RC Visa from Chase yesterday. I'd been waiting to pay my monthly bills until it came so I can get well on my way to those 3 free nights after a $5K spend in 90 days.

I am going to use the $300 travel credit this month on a $450 Delta Sky Club membership ($450). I just got upgraded on my next itinerary with Delta and the one at the end of the month isn't offering any seat upgrades and might not since I did their Cash + Miles. But I think I got the card at the right time because I can use the $300 this month on the Sky Club and then I get $300 again in 2017, right? I could theoretically use that as soon as January? Not that I would. But am I understanding it correct that my annual fee is for 12 months but the airline benefit is per calendar year?

Any other tips and tricks? I'm looking at Battery Park for the 3 night redemption because I go every year for the US Open. But I do like Fort Lauderdale as well. What do people think are the best tier 1-4 property to use the 3 nights at? Also keep in mind that I'd probably make it a 6-7 night trip so base rate the other nights would be important.

They already posted the $450 annual fee. Gulp, that's a lot. However, they did send the card via overnight UPS and it feels and looks so classy. It's metal and feels like a brick! I'm pretty impressed with the packaging. Let's see if I keep it longer than the first year.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...chase-113.html
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I used one of my certs at the Battery Park property. I thought it was fine. In all honesty, I haven't stayed at a Ritz and been like "wow, this is a nice hotel". They just seem like glorified Marriotts.

I also don't like the location of the Battery Park Ritz, mainly because I spend most of my time Uptown near the Flatiron district or Central Park south.

But for free, it's a great deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.