Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by jeepie
I don't believe the RC spend qualifies for the "one night for every $3,000 spent" you would receive on the MR card though. Cheers.
Hello,

Is this benefit still available to new card applicants? Couldn't see it listed on the MR card being offered on the Marriott web site just now.

Thanks for any replies^
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:56 pm

Yes

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Is this benefit still available to new card applicants? Couldn't see it listed on the MR card being offered on the Marriott web site just now.

Thanks for any replies^
Log into your Marriott.com account. Log out. You will see the 80,000 point offer, which also says:

Earn Points Faster with Everyday Purchases.
5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott locations
2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else.
Achieve Elite Status Faster with Annual Credit and Everyday Purchases.
15 Credits toward your next Elite membership level every year after account anniversary.
Earn 1 Elite Credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases.

P.S. "Elite Credit"=Elite Night Credit. Call Marriott Rewards if you need more reassurance.

Cheers.

Last edited by jeepie; Oct 19, 2016 at 1:58 pm Reason: Add P.S. For clarity
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by jeepie
Log into your Marriott.com account. Log out. You will see the 80,000 point offer, which also says:

Earn Points Faster with Everyday Purchases.
5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott locations
2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else.
Achieve Elite Status Faster with Annual Credit and Everyday Purchases.
15 Credits toward your next Elite membership level every year after account anniversary.
Earn 1 Elite Credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases.

P.S. "Elite Credit"=Elite Night Credit. Call Marriott Rewards if you need more reassurance.

Cheers.
Thank you "jeepie" for your reply.

I thought "elite night credits" were how you would make Gold with the card and did not know it meant "free night"

Thanks again
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:39 pm

Thank you "jeepie" for your reply.

I thought "elite night credits" were how you would make Gold with the card and did not know it meant "free night"

Thanks again
I have to say after 3 failed attempts to get any answers from Marriott regarding this " feature" I have to say I am, a) not impressed with the access to program info. and b) not convinced that "elite credit" is a "free night" .

What categories of hotel are the "elite credit" rewards good for?

Thank you for any replies^
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I have to say after 3 failed attempts to get any answers from Marriott regarding this " feature" I have to say I am, a) not impressed with the access to program info. and b) not convinced that "elite credit" is a "free night" .

What categories of hotel are the "elite credit" rewards good for?

Thank you for any replies^
There really is no confusion. It is a credit towards status- the 50 nights for gold, or 75 for platinum. It also counts for lifetime status.

For me it's not worth it, bit for those close to a status level it can be quite valuable.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
So perks are only good at Marriott but not Ritz properties? Are there any unpublished benefits that make platinum better in reality than on paper (e.g. hilton diamond is significantly better in reality than on paper)
The only perk diff at the Ritz is that you don't get upgraded to the club level - but the club at the Ritz is totally diff from the Marriott clubs > free booze, better food etc. You do get the room upgrade and I have often gotten a suite (although the Ritz rules say no, but the front desk will often do it)
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know how long after reaching the 75K spending threshold does one achieve Platinum status? My son and his wife have a very special trip to Italy in late December and have decided it's worth attaining RC Plat since *wood is matching.

He wants to make sure that he reaches it in time for his status to be upgraded.

Strangely, when someone asked this question on Marriott Rewards Insiders they opted to answer privately :

"I recently hit the spending amount on my ritz card to get platinum status. How long does it take to change my account over to platinum?

Thanks
95 Views Tags: platinum Categories: Credit Cards
Re: Ritz Card and Platinum status
AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member AndrewT Oct 6, 2016 2:43 PM (in response to mtn_nut)
Hi there,

I've send you a direct message for assistance.

Thanks!"
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Look above at posts #1645 & #1646
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:26 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by philemer
Look above at posts #1645 & #1646

Awesome- I really appreciate you finding that. ^
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been able to successfully use a club level upgrade while paying with a CC other than the Ritz card?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by highops
There really is no confusion. It is a credit towards status- the 50 nights for gold, or 75 for platinum. It also counts for lifetime status.

For me it's not worth it, bit for those close to a status level it can be quite valuable.
Hello,

OK, I think I get it now, Elite credits are not usable free nights, rather credits counting towards status.

Based on this, the RC card seems way better as you only need to spend $75K on it for platinum verses 180K on the MR card for the same .
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:38 pm

Hello,

OK, I think I get it now, Elite credits are not usable free nights, rather credits counting towards status.

Based on this, the RC card seems way better as you only need to spend $75K on it for platinum verses 180K on the MR card for the same .
Bingo! If spending $75k works for you, great! For me, I earn 15 nights from the Marriott Visa, probably 50-60 nights from MVCI and Marriott stays, a few nights from spend on the MR card (@1 night per $3k), carryovers for any nights over 75 in a year, etc. Platinum is valuable to me, and I easily earn it annually, spending much less than 75k. Ymmv of course. Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by damon88
Does anyone know how long after reaching the 75K spending threshold does one achieve Platinum status? My son and his wife have a very special trip to Italy in late December and have decided it's worth attaining RC Plat since *wood is matching.

He wants to make sure that he reaches it in time for his status to be upgraded.

Thanks!"
It should happen immediately after his check clears.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have a couple Ritz stays coming up next month and thinking of getting the card for the Club Lounge Upgrade. For someone that has the card can they check for me what the rate would be to allow the use of the Club Certificate in San Francisco on Nov 5 and Half Moon Bay on Nov 6 and 7.

Thank You
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
I have a couple Ritz stays coming up next month and thinking of getting the card for the Club Lounge Upgrade. For someone that has the card can they check for me what the rate would be to allow the use of the Club Certificate in San Francisco on Nov 5 and Half Moon Bay on Nov 6 and 7.

Thank You
Rates should be avail using code z34

SF Nov 5
Guest room, 1 king $603 (only room available)

HMB Nov 6, 7
Ocean view, 1 king or 2 queen $1900

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.