Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
still don't follow the churn on certs proported to get a flight..........
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
$200 annual credit for airline incidentals billed to your card*
He used his annual credit to buy credit towards a flight on Alaska Airways. When the year changes to 2013, he will do so again. If he does this for enough years, it is likely that he will have bought enough credit to offset the cost of a flight.

I wish I'd thought to do that last year...I let my credit go to waste.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
He used his annual credit to buy credit towards a flight on Alaska Airways. When the year changes to 2013, he will do so again. If he does this for enough years, it is likely that he will have bought enough credit to offset the cost of a flight.

I wish I'd thought to do that last year...I let my credit go to waste.
Yep, that's what I did - Used the annual incidential $200 credit (yes, Ritz Card) to purchase Gift Certs through AK Air's website. Then will do so again starting January 2013. Then will cancel the card when the annual fee is due (sometime in June 2013). Will have worked this Ritz card for $400 along with 70,000 points before I close it off with no expense to me.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by No Clue
I was surprised recently to find out they use the calendar year as opposed to anniversary year as the time slot to use all of your benefits including airline fees and club upgrades.
You are incorrect about the club upgrades. Those expire on the anniversary date of your account and new ones are deposited with your next billing cycle.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Ritz-Carlton CC: Spend an extra $1200 for $100 Back SCAM

Reg Room for 3 nights is 350/night.

I asked about the $100 Hotel Credit (for the stay) for having the Ritz card. They said sure. Quote me a new rate of $750/night for same room. Marriott/Ritz is pulling such a scam with their supposed benefit. I asked the rate agent what they think. Said we can't comment.

Here's the benefit as advertised:
$100 credit for dining, spa and hotel recreational activities with each two-night stay or longer
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
Has anybody had any experience with combining the club upgrade certificates and the $100 hotel credit? The terms of the $100 credit read that it applies to a "paid stay" of two nights or more, but I'm wondering whether use of the club upgrade certificate still allows for the $100 credit.

I am considering the card, but trying to weigh the relative benefits versus using Amex FHR, which typically offers a $100 credit on any stay.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by rraskopf
Has anybody had any experience with combining the club upgrade certificates and the $100 hotel credit? The terms of the $100 credit read that it applies to a "paid stay" of two nights or more, but I'm wondering whether use of the club upgrade certificate still allows for the $100 credit.

I am considering the card, but trying to weigh the relative benefits versus using Amex FHR, which typically offers a $100 credit on any stay.

An upgrade certificate is applied to a paid stay and the $100 hotel credit is combinable. The credit card "welcome package" states: "With each two night stay or longer at The Ritz-Carlton, celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to be used toward your choice of qualiifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities."
You should be aware that the paid stays are (usually) at the lowest rack rate and reservations (when using the upgrade certificate) must be made through the Ritz-Carlton phone number included in the package.

Last edited by EagleSoars; Jan 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Suppose you can't use the upgrade cert with points right, just cash/gift cards?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Suppose you can't use the upgrade cert with points right, just cash/gift cards?
Yes, that is correct.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, Etihad Gold, AA Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
RC Card benefits are a scam

Originally Posted by rraskopf

Unfortunately, both of these benefits are a scam. The $100 credit is a truly shameless ripoff - tried the code in a number of RC hotels and dates - in all instances, the rate is well over $100 higher than the lowest available rate.

I was told by reservations that the club upgrade certs can only be used on reservations booked directly through RC. Explaining that the T&C's simply stated that it is valid on paid reservations got me nowhere.

This card will be going into the trash bin as soon as the annual fee comes up!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by EK Captive
Unfortunately, both of these benefits are a scam. The $100 credit is a truly shameless ripoff - tried the code in a number of RC hotels and dates - in all instances, the rate is well over $100 higher than the lowest available rate.

I was told by reservations that the club upgrade certs can only be used on reservations booked directly through RC. Explaining that the T&C's simply stated that it is valid on paid reservations got me nowhere.

This card will be going into the trash bin as soon as the annual fee comes up!
I agree that these benefits look better on paper than they do when you actually try to use them...

If the other benefits of this card do not make it attractive to you - RC/Marriott Gold status, $200 airline credit, Lounge Club - then it is not worth the $395 fee for the expensive to use Club upgrade certs. (unless you make full price RC bookings anyway.)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:37 pm

My experiences with Ritz-Carlton card have all been positive. At the Istanbul Ritz (where I had a corporate rate), I was walked the first night due to a convention and put up without charge (a "Marriott Gold" perk) at a Swissotel including club privileges. I used the club upgrade for a weekend at Atlantas's Buckhead on the lowest published rate (a bargain!) and was offered the $100 hotel credit (without asking) for food and beverages. The airport Renaissance I use (usually on a corporate rate) always gives me club level. I have also received $200 of misc. airline fees, and buyer's protection when there was a price reduction. Lastly, their trip insurance (as detailed in the welcome package), seldom mentioned, is very good.

Last edited by EagleSoars; Jan 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premium
Ritz Carlton Chase Credit Card promo soon?

Will there be a Ritz Carlton Chase credit card promo anytime in the near future? I'm interested in getting the card and would be happy to wait for a promo if there might be one soon.
THANKS!!
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:48 am
Community Director Emerita

The current offer is 70,000 points plus 3 upgrades to club floor the first 12 months The $395 fee is not waived; I understand there is an earlier offer where it was. However, you can get the $200 airline fee rebate in calendar years 2013 and 2014 for a total of $400.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Question Ritz-Carlton: To sign up or not to sign up?

I have just recently made a reservation for the RC Hong Kong (just two nights) and am now wondering whether it's worth to sign up to their loyalty program. The reservation should yield around 17'000 reward points or 3'400 airline miles.

From what I read on their website, I understand that 17'000 reward points will not be enough for a single-night award stay. However, I am a bit confused as to the redemption of reward points for airline miles. On their "earn" page they say that you'll earn 2 airline miles (I'd credit them to M&M) per USD spent. However, on their "redeem" page, they say that you'd need 20'000 reward points for 3'500 airline miles (and as far as I understand it, you can only redeem for miles in 10'000 points increments).

Any recommendation on what I should do?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bruce80
I have just recently made a reservation for the RC Hong Kong (just two nights) and am now wondering whether it's worth to sign up to their loyalty program. The reservation should yield around 17'000 reward points or 3'400 airline miles.

From what I read on their website, I understand that 17'000 reward points will not be enough for a single-night award stay. However, I am a bit confused as to the redemption of reward points for airline miles. On their "earn" page they say that you'll earn 2 airline miles (I'd credit them to M&M) per USD spent. However, on their "redeem" page, they say that you'd need 20'000 reward points for 3'500 airline miles (and as far as I understand it, you can only redeem for miles in 10'000 points increments).

Any recommendation on what I should do?
i'm no expert on RR but it is fashioned after MR, and probably if you will likely stay in more Marriott family properties in the future you should sign up for MR and just earn Marriott points at the Ritz.

If you plan on staying at Ritzs in the future over Marrott family properties than join RR.

The miles earning is I guess from what you wrote 2 miles for every $1 spent that gets deposited right into your FF account as long as you designate the account in your profile.

The other number is likely a conversion rate if you choose to earn points but at some later date wish to convert those points into FF miles.

If you are likely not to patronize Marriott or Ritzs in the future then sign up for either program and just earn the FF miles.

Many in this forum would prefer to earn points in either program as opposed to miles but we have a great deal invested in staying at points earning hotels.

IF you do amass a really large number of points there are the travel packages that give reallly good vallue on a hotel stay but also get a boatload of FF miles -- but you really need to amass a large number of points. do a search in this forum of travel package and you will see what I mean.

HTH

NJ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.