Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:03 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So many complaints are because the upgrade cannot be used with any discount rate. Many times you can find a discounted rate for a club lounge room at a better price than the rates that qualify for these upgrades.
thanks. are corporate rates considered as discount rates?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
I hope that you did read that I recommended progressive escalation.

You are entitled to your personal preference. Since you are so experienced talking to GMs, I'm surprised that you don't agree that most (if not all) GMs would like to be made aware of a service lapse, especially one dealing with an ongoing marketing program.

Chase issues the card so Chase is responsible for defining and explaining its benefits. If RC does not deliver the benefits as described, Chase should certainly be informed.

I'm 3-for-3 on Club Level upgrades on corporate rates since having the card, including one upgrade that was specifically attributed to card membership. My experience suggests that any problems are not systemic.
so are corporate rates useable with certs?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:46 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by martino
so are corporate rates useable with certs?
No, they are not and that is not what I said.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rbarr24
Despite how this post may read, I am not a very demanding guy, so it's frustrating that my Ritz Carlton experiences are blemished by the nuances of a misunderstood award and credit card program. I also feel that for a $400 annual fee, the restrictions are too objective and they seem to all come from a place of 'no' before getting the factual answer. This is fundamentally contrary to the mission statement of a world class luxury hotel brand.
This really sums it up in my opinion. Very well put.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:30 pm

I have not had a problem booking the Club Level upgrade at the time of making the reservation at the lowest published standard rate on the website. That is how this benefit should work-- available at the lowest published standard rate.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by swf83
I have not had a problem booking the Club Level upgrade at the time of making the reservation at the lowest published standard rate on the website. That is how this benefit should work-- available at the lowest published standard rate.
+1.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott PT, Delta PT, Fairmont Prem
Has anyone got the Club upgrade to work with ADV rates?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:46 pm

I am hoping that folks might have some more up-to-date experiences with getting re-imbursement for the $200 airline incidentals.

I just called RC to see if I could get re-imbursement on the following two charges:

1. $50 change fee for a UA ticket - they said NO, ticket change fees not covered...

2. I just purchased a $1300 International ticket on UA and the following day, paid an additional $200 to get "Economy Plus seat assignments" on outward and return flights - I tried to see if RC Visa would cover some/all of this $200, as I don't really consider this to be an upgrade - just seat assignment fees - they said NO, seat assignment fees could also not be re-imbursed...

Pretty disappointed and I'm wondering what others have experienced ?

They told me that there were only two items that could be reimbursed:

- baggage fees
- food and drink purchased on the flight

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
With AMEX Plat you have to pick one airline and then they automatically remove the charges from your bill for that airline. Kind of restrictive, but simple once you pick the airline.

With the Ritz card, you have to remember to call in after you charge something (in my case, buy on board meal) and ask them to remove it. A little bit of a hassle, but I like the fact that they do not restrict you to a single airline.

I'll have to give the concierge a call and try it out.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by mymontreal
I am hoping that folks might have some more up-to-date experiences with getting re-imbursement for the $200 airline incidentals.

I just called RC to see if I could get re-imbursement on the following two charges:

1. $50 change fee for a UA ticket - they said NO, ticket change fees not covered...

2. I just purchased a $1300 International ticket on UA and the following day, paid an additional $200 to get "Economy Plus seat assignments" on outward and return flights - I tried to see if RC Visa would cover some/all of this $200, as I don't really consider this to be an upgrade - just seat assignment fees - they said NO, seat assignment fees could also not be re-imbursed...

Pretty disappointed and I'm wondering what others have experienced ?

They told me that there were only two items that could be reimbursed:

- baggage fees
- food and drink purchased on the flight
I booked a ticket using rewards points (from another points program) and used the RC card to charge the $40 travel agency booking fee. It showed up on my card as "Trip Charges" and I was able to get credited for it. Maybe I was lucky, I dunno, but it went through without any hassles.

I was surprised recently to find out they use the calendar year as opposed to anniversary year as the time slot to use all of your benefits including airline fees and club upgrades.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:33 pm

Curious - when you called for reimbursement, did you call the regular customer service # on back of card, or did you call the Concierge # ?

Thx

Originally Posted by No Clue
I booked a ticket using rewards points (from another points program) and used the RC card to charge the $40 travel agency booking fee. It showed up on my card as "Trip Charges" and I was able to get credited for it. Maybe I was lucky, I dunno, but it went through without any hassles.

I was surprised recently to find out they use the calendar year as opposed to anniversary year as the time slot to use all of your benefits including airline fees and club upgrades.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mymontreal
Curious - when you called for reimbursement, did you call the regular customer service # on back of card, or did you call the Concierge # ?

Thx
It has been a few months but I'm pretty sure it was the cardmember services number.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:42 pm

I used my airline incidentals by going to alaska airlines & purchasing Four electronic gift certs equaling to $200.00 & parking them in the "my wallet" section of the website to use for a future flight whenever I want. I didn't have a problem in calling them (used number on back of card) & getting 4 reimbursements. When Jan 1st comes around, will rinse & repeat. Will get a free flight somewhere I figure....
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
are you sure you posted this corectly as this is Marriott & Ritz CC card???????

Originally Posted by tkee99516
I used my airline incidentals by going to alaska airlines & purchasing Four electronic gift certs equaling to $200.00 & parking them in the "my wallet" section of the website to use for a future flight whenever I want. I didn't have a problem in calling them (used number on back of card) & getting 4 reimbursements. When Jan 1st comes around, will rinse & repeat. Will get a free flight somewhere I figure....
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
are you sure you posted this corectly as this is Marriott & Ritz CC card???????
It's part of the benefits of the RC Credit Card:

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
$200 annual credit for airline incidentals billed to your card*
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
still don't follow the churn on certs proported to get a flight..........

Originally Posted by hailstorm
It's part of the benefits of the RC Credit Card:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.