Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Was wondering about the gold status. I was told on the phone it is good for 12 months, so would be my anniversary date on June 15, 2013. Marriott levels are good from Feb-Feb so I wonder how this will be adjusted.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by holocker
Was wondering about the gold status. I was told on the phone it is good for 12 months, so would be my anniversary date on June 15, 2013. Marriott levels are good from Feb-Feb so I wonder how this will be adjusted.
Let us know what you find out.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:23 pm

Does this card use the same concierge as the Palladium card?

My experience with this concierge has been pretty dismal so far.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Has anyone with a MArriott card tried signing up for this on the hopes they won't notice that you have the card and get the 50k anyway? What was the outcome? I've had the Marriott Preferred card and don't want to give it up, but I've had it for 2 years; would hope that's long enough they don't remember me
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:29 pm

New 70,000 Point Sign-up Bonus for Ritz-Carlton Visa + 30,000 Point Stay Promotion
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I've been largely disappointed with my card, as most of the RC benefits they tout are not applied unless you book under the rack rate.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by cascade
I've been largely disappointed with my card, as most of the RC benefits they tout are not applied unless you book under the rack rate.
Except for the one killer benefit: Gold status for a $395 annual fee plus $10K spend...

I have had to argue with one property to receive the Club Floor upgrade even on rack rate ("It's a busy weekend."), and cancelled a second reservation and moved to a Fairmont because of the runaround they were giving me on the upgrade.

Chase needs to crack the whip on RC. RC gets a lot of money from Chase, they need to step up and deliver.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I have had to argue with one property to receive the Club Floor upgrade even on rack rate ("It's a busy weekend."), and cancelled a second reservation and moved to a Fairmont because of the runaround they were giving me on the upgrade.
And the hotels in question were...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by dayone
And the hotels in question were...
South Beach - no problem. Upon arrival, even upgraded to an Oceanfront room (I had booked city view) with a nice balcony on the Club floor. Very nice club staff, nice lounge.

HK - had to argue, but did receive Club Level (stay later this year).

Cancun - Phone agent (good agent, familiar with system and these Club Level upgrades) would commit one thing, then a representative of the property would e-mail me telling me it was not available, and I would have to pay a much higher rate. Cancelled this reservation in part due to this, now will stay at the Fairmont Mayakoba.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Anyone had success in getting the AF waived/credited back?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL, JMP Palladium (Chase UR), Amex Plat (MR), Marriott Gold
Hi everyone. Here's my first post after lots of time lurking!

I am thinking about getting the RC card, but from the terms and conditions, something is not quite obvious to me:

("Account Year" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement after the anniversary of your account open date, and each 12 billing cycles thereafter.) Each Account Year you make purchases totaling $10,000 or more, including during your first Account Year, you will qualify for Gold Elite Status through December 31 of the following year.
So if I have this card in my hands in August, and I hit $10k in spend before 2012 ends, would I be granted Gold Elite Status through 2013, or would it apply to the year following the completion of my "Account Year", so 2014?

This is a very material difference because if it were the former, I would want to hold back on spending to make sure the renewed Gold Status would not trigger in 2012. Interpretations on this?

Arthur
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:11 pm

Issues/Challenges with Ritz Carlton Rewards Credit Card

Hi all - I hope this is the right place to post such a thread. Please moderate if I am incorrect.

I am a frequent visitor to Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons hotels as both a part of my work and pleasure. I don't have as much experience with the various Marriott brands, although am intimately aware that the RC Rewards program is merely a Marriott Rewards account cloaked with some nice web design.

I recently joined RC Rewards and also received a RC Rewards credit card. The perks of the card seemed quite compelling, in particular, the $200 airline incidentals credit, the 3 e-certs for club level, the $100 credit & upgrade for 2 night stay, etc and the gold status for first year and every year of $10k in spend.

Since signing up for a rewards account and credit card less than 2 months ago, I have had 3 stays with Ritz (Montreal/Palm Beach/Boston). My experiences have been less than pleasant, specifically with rewards perks.

Montreal - No club level e-cert allowed; no $100 credit because it was booked on a discounted rate; attempted to charge for internet access despite being a gold status; points didn't post and had to call CS to get corrected. No upgrade offered or received.

Palm Beach - No club level e-cert allowed. Was told club level was closed for summer by reservations and then later was told it was open by someone at the front desk; no $100 credit because I was told I booked through Virtuoso and amenities can't be combined; attempted to charge for internet access despite being a gold status; incorrect points posted (under by 6000 points) and had to call CS to get corrected. No upgrade offered or received.

Boston - No club level e-cert allowed because the allocated block for rewards were taken. I was offered to book a club level room at that time at rack rate, meaning they were available, but had reached the capacity set aside for rewards; had to escalate at front desk for the $100 credit because the hotel was not aware of the card amenity and had the front desk manager sort it out. No upgrade offered or received.

Despite how this post may read, I am not a very demanding guy, so it's frustrating that my Ritz Carlton experiences are blemished by the nuances of a misunderstood award and credit card program. I also feel that for a $400 annual fee, the restrictions are too objective and they seem to all come from a place of 'no' before getting the factual answer. This is fundamentally contrary to the mission statement of a world class luxury hotel brand.

My personal feeling is that in addition to improving the efficiency of their systems and doing a better job in training all of their staff on the rewards program handling a) they should reduce the club level e-certs from 3 to 1 and impose no blackouts or restrictions b) they should stop capacity controlling everything at hotels that are not at capacity. Why should a loyalty member feel something is being held back without reason at a Ritz Carlton c) be transparent about the restrictions related to booking, rate eligibility, etc. A luxury hotel guest shouldn't be made to feel they did something wrong and now can't use a perk.

I feel that Marriott respects the Ritz Carlton heritage and what it means to run a brand like RC, but when it comes to rewards it feels I am treated like I'd expect at a Courtyard Marriott while standing at the front desk of a Ritz Carlton. Perhaps this is me expecting too much, but perhaps others feel this way too?

Thoughts?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:28 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I do not have the card, but can you double check your card materials to see if the $100 credit can only be obtained if booking a certain rate? I was under the impression that the credit required a minimum 2-night stay, and was very restrictive as to the rates it could be applied to.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:34 pm

I think that my basic point is less to do with the $100 credit or club level certs or free internet, it has to do with the service expectations of a Ritz Carlton that are not being upheld due to a lot of confusion of the card offering and a general restrictive tone about offered perks.

Part of me thinks that if Ritz was still independent that a) they would never have such a widely accessible loyalty program and b) if they did have a program, it would never position a frequent guest to have as many uncomfortable conversations at the front desk in their properties.

Even Four Seasons is looking to terminate it's Invitation Only program because it likely yields more opportunities to disappoint their loyal customers than to wow them.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The Club upgrades are for publicly available rates. The $100 credit is only applicable to its specific package rate code.

The OP might be a bit more demanding than he thinks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.