Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to collect guaranteed room type $$$

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to collect guaranteed room type $$$

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:28 pm

Does this guarantee apply to international properties as well? We checked into the ren bkk and requested 2 double beds. At check in, they said they upgraded us to a king suite bc of our plat status. I said great, but we will need another bed for my daughter. They said there is a pull out bed in the room, so we went on our way. We then found out that there isn't a pull out bed and 1.5 hrs (1:30 am) later, no more spare beds. They finally just give us a mattress topper for my daughter, which is really not ideal. Am I eligible for the guarantee if I accepted the suite? I only accepted it because they assured me that there was a pull out bed. Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes the guarantee applies to international properties. No it does not apply to upgrades as noted below from MR T&C:

6. The Room Type Guarantee does not cover room upgrades.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:25 am

Update here. I talked to the manager and it appears that the guarantee does apply in my situation. That's great, more spending $ for our trip!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:51 am
Used to be hamajicky

Tampa Marriott Waterside tried to tell me that there is no compensation for not giving me a confirmed king bed. Instead, they wanted to me to go away with an "upgrade" to a higher floor room. Ummm, no. $100 please.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the info/update.

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Tampa Marriott Waterside tried to tell me that there is no compensation for not giving me a confirmed king bed. Instead, they wanted to me to go away with an "upgrade" to a higher floor room. Ummm, no. $100 please.
Did you get your $100?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott & Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Had this situation last night, Greenville (SC) Marriott as a Plat. Booked 1 King, they only had 2-twin rooms due to a BMW convention. Went back down and asked front desk, they said every King Room & all of the suites were taken. Tried to call the plat desk but the were closed, wrote customer service an e-mail. Going to call back tomorrow to check, I specifically cited the T&C and $100 in the e-mail. Should be interesting
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by SBarny
Had this situation last night, Greenville (SC) Marriott as a Plat. Booked 1 King, they only had 2-twin rooms due to a BMW convention. Went back down and asked front desk, they said every King Room & all of the suites were taken. Tried to call the plat desk but the were closed, wrote customer service an e-mail. Going to call back tomorrow to check, I specifically cited the T&C and $100 in the e-mail. Should be interesting
Just make sure you send your email from your room tonight. I had the paper trail and even that late at night, received an email response instantly from them that they would be contacting the hotel immediately. In the early morning, received another response from Marriott and said I should make sure to stop at the front desk as they spoke with an employee that night and that they were to pass the message on to the manager upon my check-out. Met with manager in the morning, he didn't want to give me compensation, and then I called Marriott and on my cell they told me to hand him the phone and the manager went to the back and came out with a crisp $100 bill .
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:28 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Did you get your $100?
It took me contacting Marriott customer service, but yes, they eventually did send me a $100 marriott gift card.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Can I demand CASH on this situation? The hotel I am at now said they would simply reduce my room rate by the $50 they own me. Um, no.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by lucycan
Can I demand CASH on this situation? The hotel I am at now said they would simply reduce my room rate by the $50 they own me. Um, no.
policy states it is to be paid in CASH
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:47 am

I'll write up a new thread on the issues I am having at a Courtyard in NYC. Of course they say I am not entitled to anything even though Marriott care confirms they changed BOTH my room type and rate!!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:56 am

Does anyone have a link to the policy that states this to be paid in cash? Hotel says they will only issue a $50 credit to my room. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:14 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lucycan
Does anyone have a link to the policy that states this to be paid in cash?
I think Marriott changed their T&Cs at some point as I don't think it explicitly states "cash" any longer.

The T&Cs can be found at Rewards Terms and Conditions

Though if someone can point to something that still explicitly states the payment must be by cash, I'd be more than happy to see that.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...s/guarantee.mi
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

The only specific mention of cash that I can find is this clause:

Platinum Elite Members who do not receive their Elite Benefits Guarantee or Ultimate Reservation Guarantee in Russia, any other country subject to currency restrictions, or any country prohibited by law from compensating the Platinum Elite Member in the form of a cash payment, will be compensated with Rewards Program bonus Points.
However, if you are talking about substituting the cash payment, this assumes that the compensation will be paid in cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.