Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was there a couple months ago. My room was not updated. Marriott old school style.

Very friendly staff though.

Last edited by goodeats21; Oct 19, 2014 at 9:29 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Report on exec lounge situation?

Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Report on exec lounge situation?

Cheers.
Sorry Ski, nothing to report on the lounge.

It was a quick stay and I had to leave for the airport VERY early in the morning.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Hi, anyone stayed here lately? Normally not a Marriott guy (co worker is) but coming into town for a week at the Navy base.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly
Hi, anyone stayed here lately? Normally not a Marriott guy (co worker is) but coming into town for a week at the Navy base.
If you stay there, please do a trip report/update. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Any recent stays here? Wondering about upgrade experiences and breakfast/lounge situation.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soartoday
Any recent stays here? Wondering about upgrade experiences and breakfast/lounge situation.
Doing a one night stay this week, so will report back afterwards...I'm quite curious about my newfound MR Plat status and what it will bring me there
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Doing a one night stay this week, so will report back afterwards...I'm quite curious about my newfound MR Plat status and what it will bring me there
If you read the thread, doesn't sound like it's the greatest property in the Marriott chain. You'll get free brekkie & evidently it's on the rooftop so nice views. Some have reported upgrades to suites. Others have said you want a superior room or above, as basic rooms no big deal. And service ranges from good to lousy.

Anyway, would appreciate an update after your stay as it's been a while since we've had a trip report.

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

So - a good one night stay...was plenty in Naples A few thoughts:

The good:
- upgraded to a Jr. Suite (booked Deluxe on points), that was really like a full suite size-wise (bedroom, sitting room, big bathroom, walk in closet)
- free continental breakfast on the roof - could have done the upgrade to eggs & bacon for 3 EUR
- relatively central location - felt fine walking around at night, though less advisable for a single female IMO
- single-floor usage elevators (where you punch in your number and it assigns you one to take)...hey I just like these
- had a nice view of the port & the Castel Nuovo

The not-so-good:
- despite not being that hot of a day, A/C was barely functioning, couldn't use the sitting room as it was so hot
- room is just dated...like 20 years ago dated on a good day
- gym barely passable - 3 cardio pieces, a multi-use resistance machine, and a dumbbell rack
- definitely no lounge

Again, if you're using points, doing this as a single night stay, need night credit, etc. it's perfectly fine. But don't go thinking it's a typically above-average Ren experience.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:59 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
I think the view at the rooftop restaurant is worth the price alone. You can enjoy the full view of the harbor and Mt Vesuvius. It's just spectacular.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
So - a good one night stay...was plenty in Naples A few thoughts:

The good:
- upgraded to a Jr. Suite (booked Deluxe on points), that was really like a full suite size-wise (bedroom, sitting room, big bathroom, walk in closet)
- free continental breakfast on the roof - could have done the upgrade to eggs & bacon for 3 EUR
- relatively central location - felt fine walking around at night, though less advisable for a single female IMO
- single-floor usage elevators (where you punch in your number and it assigns you one to take)...hey I just like these
- had a nice view of the port & the Castel Nuovo

The not-so-good:
- despite not being that hot of a day, A/C was barely functioning, couldn't use the sitting room as it was so hot
- room is just dated...like 20 years ago dated on a good day
- gym barely passable - 3 cardio pieces, a multi-use resistance machine, and a dumbbell rack
- definitely no lounge

Again, if you're using points, doing this as a single night stay, need night credit, etc. it's perfectly fine. But don't go thinking it's a typically above-average Ren experience.
Thanks for the update! I'll report back after a multi-night stay as MR Plat soon... Only SPG option in Naples!

The 3 EUR eggs seems like such nickel & diming!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a one-week points stay as a newly matched SPG Platinum.

Very friendly staff. Helpful for sorting out a doctor on Xmas Eve. Cleaning staff would ask us each morning post-breakfast when we would like our room cleaned. We'd usually say "right away is fine" and they'd come right over after finishing whatever they were doing. ^

Location is excellent. A short walk to the ferry terminal, old town, waterfront, etc. Rooftop views are impressive. No lounge.

Platinums receive a card where they can choose between 500 points or select from a list of drinks and snacks. Nice to have the choice, but then you are invited to go to the lobby bar to collect your choice rather than have it delivered to the room.

However, I didn't think the room upgrade to the top floor was anything special. Considering the hotel was maybe 10-20% full over Xmas eve/day I might have expected a junior suite or a room with a view, although it did fill up by the end of my stay so perhaps those rooms had truly been sold.

The hotel is really let down by the breakfast policy. Continental only, even though there is a waffle maker and some eggs available on the buffet. Since there were so few guests at the beginning of our stay, we did feel a bit policed when told to limit ourselves to "continental". Yes of course you can pay the 3 euros extra, but I really hate such nickel and diming, especially when you can get a great pizza in Naples for 4-5 euros...

A decent above-average hotel, which is good considering it is practically the only international hotel in Naples proper.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Platinums receive a card where they can choose between 500 points or select from a list of drinks and snacks. Nice to have the choice, but then you are invited to go to the lobby bar to collect your choice rather than have it delivered to the room.
Just as a fyi (speaking of other hotels) - normally the food/drink is delivered to the room.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:32 am

(2) recent stays

I stayed here twice in the last 2 weeks, both on very cheap paid rates.

The first stay was for 3 nights. I was upgraded to what I think was a Jr. Suite. It was kind of on the smallish side though. Had a huge walk-in closet that could probably have been better utilized for more living space. The bathroom, though nice, only had a Jacuzzi bathtub and no shower. Don't get me wrong, the bathtub was great! But sometimes, I just wanted to get a quick clean.

As others have mentioned, the best thing about this place is the rooftop lounge where breakfast is served. On my 1st stay, as other plats had, I was allowed a continental breakfast. Lots of good pastries, juices, yogurt, etc. My 2nd stay, my cheap rate also included a full breakfast. It should be noted though that if you prefer a made-to-order omelet, it is considered an ala carte item and is not included - even if your room rate includes breakfast.

My 2nd stay was just last week, and the hotel was a full occupancy. As a result, I only got the room type I booked, but on a higher floor / nicer view. You can imagine that if I considered the Jr. Suite to be small-ish, the standard room was very tiny - especially the bathroom!

But, most people don't come to Napoli to sit inside their hotel room, so it served its purpose for a comfortable stay. As previously noted, it's well-situated near the center of town with lots of interesting things to see within walking distance. Taxis are also very inexpensive there (~ 25 euros from hotel to the airport), so that's another viable option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.