Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2003, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
The Platinum Welcome Gift now (since 01-Jan-03) includes the option to choose 500 points worldwide . When does the points typically post? At the same time with the points for the room?
(Yesterday I stayed at a Renaissance where I choose the points and tonight I'm going to choose the same at a Marriott. All stays in Germany; the check-in staff at the Renaissance already knew about the new option &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt; .).
</font>
It should post at the same time
Old Jan 8, 2003, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
Thanks, socrates. I did as you suggested and received a nice response from the Executive Assistant shortly thereafter. Yesterday I received in the mail a thoughtful gift to make up for the lapse.

I'm impressed! As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I had no complaints about the service there, was just wondering about the lack of a "welcome gift". They more than made it up to me.

Nicely done!
</font>
Old Jan 8, 2003, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Starwood, Hilton
I stayed at the JW Marriott in Copacabana Rio. Offered and accepted a platinum gift of Brazilian fruits and beer. Asked about an upgraded room, and they said they already upgraded me to a high-floor oceanview room (as a platinum member). Lounge access was given as well (with a wonderful - and free - breakfast and happy hour). Great hotel and great staff.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 10:39 am

Location: New Berlin, WI USA - DL Platinum Elite - Marriott Platinum Premier
Here's a question...

I recently stayed at the Rennaisance in Manchester, UK...Very nice, I might add. I was given my welcome gift card, however, it was not the new one. It did not offer me the option of the points. The desk clerk didn't know what I was talking about. I kept the card, since there was nothing on it we wanted to eat. Do you think I can mail or fax a copy of this thing to Marriott Rewards and get my 500 points.

I'll ask this also. This was a stay on a free weekend cert. I have been getting the 500 point bonus even when I've used certs. Should we be expecting the Platinum gift even when we aren't paying for a room?
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChazDawg:
I recently stayed at the Rennaisance in Manchester, UK...Very nice, I might add. I was given my welcome gift card, however, it was not the new one. It did not offer me the option of the points. The desk clerk didn't know what I was talking about. I kept the card, since there was nothing on it we wanted to eat. Do you think I can mail or fax a copy of this thing to Marriott Rewards and get my 500 points.</font>
I aslo received the old amenity card during my last two stays in German properties (Karlsruhe Ren, Heidelberg Mar). I said that I wanted the points. The check-in agents in both hotels knew about the change and noted my option manually on the card.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChazDawg:
I'll ask this also. This was a stay on a free weekend cert. I have been getting the 500 point bonus even when I've used certs. Should we be expecting the Platinum gift even when we aren't paying for a room?</font>
Yes, also during award stays. I received the old award options (correctly) during all my award stays in the last year.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 10:49 am

Platinum Arrival Gift

Just noticed that my last 2 Marriott stays where I asked for the points instead of the arrival gift have not posted.

Any suggestion to the proper recourse to get the points?

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2003, 12:19 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I have had this happen several times, and I simply email Marriott Rewards through the website (contact us). The points then show up in two or three days. Marriott has still not gotten this piece working properly, but I think its probably more due to the Hotel Employees not entering the correct code, if at all rather than their system. I have had stays at the same hotel where sometimes they post and sometimes not, which leads me to beleive what I said. Its unlikely the systems picks the points up sometimes and not others, so most likely its human error.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 8:30 pm

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:05 pm
Original Member

That is interesting. Two different hotels neglected to add the 500 points, so I notified Marriott by way of the website. It's been two weeks, no response. Perhaps if I call and request the $100 per hotel for failing to deliver my Platinum Amenity I will get a more prompt response . . .
Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bluebonnet:
That is interesting. Two different hotels neglected to add the 500 points, so I notified Marriott by way of the website. It's been two weeks, no response. Perhaps if I call and request the $100 per hotel for failing to deliver my Platinum Amenity I will get a more prompt response . . .</font>
It will help but for a quicker response I'd either call or email the GM
Old Apr 7, 2003, 7:28 pm

Sent the email on Saturday and received an email back today saying it has been taken care of !
Old May 9, 2003, 11:02 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
Platinum arrival gift guarantee

After I did my weekly checkin ritual at my favorite Marriott I never received my platinum arrival gift.
After speaking with the manager I was offered 1 full bottle of wine instead of the usual half bottle however I friendly declined. I offered to take 10,000 points instead of the $100 as per the website however I was counter offered 5000. After I friendly declined for a second time and said that I would take the $100, I did get the 10,000 points.

Any opinions as to whether this is good value for money?

BA Fan

[This message has been edited by BA Fan (edited 05-09-2003).]
Old May 9, 2003, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Perfect! I value Marriott points at 1 cent each.

Bruce
Old May 12, 2003, 7:17 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
Just check my MRW balance and the 10,000 points already posted.

BA Fan
Old May 12, 2003, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Is it that you received the card and chose the gift, but didn't receive the gift, or that you weren't given the card upon check-in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.