Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Old Dec 13, 2002, 12:09 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
From 01-Jan-03 we can also choose points. Until now, I received all Platinum amenities - but I wondered what to do if a hotel doesn't provide it.

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 12-12-2002).]
</font>
Sorry for the confusion. The word "worldwide" is missing. The points are no option at the moment in some parts of the world (e.g. in Europe). From 01-Jan-03 the option is available worldwide.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 12:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 007:
Did you bother to ask for P6 card? I found that the front office agent sometime forget to hand them out.</font>
No. I probably should have, but didn't realize it. In the other instances, the person at the check-in desk simply handed me one or asked me what I'd like.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
Not sure when this "guarantee" started. However, during the last four weeks I've stayed at four Marriotts with the following results:

Lisbon Marriott - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut [cashew] plate and red wine).

Marriott Renaissance Munich - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut and raisin plate and red wine)

Marriott (Hotel) Crystal City - No welcome gift offered or delivered. However, I was upgraded to the Club/Lounge floor, and given complimentary breakfast.

Budapest Marriott - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut and fruit plate and white wine)

SO - three out of four. Not bad.

But what should I do about the Marriott Crystal City? (Since I found the "guarantee" on the website I've begun carrying a printout around in the folder with my hotel reservations, but I hadn't found it when I stayed at the Crystal City last month.)
</font>
Guarantee started the end of October...as far as Crystal City goes...I'd contact the GM ([email protected]) directly and explain that as a platinum you did not receive your gift and were not aware of the guarantee
Old Dec 13, 2002, 7:29 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
At the Marriott Tyson's Corner last weekend I received nothing-- called down, and they said they forgot and would send it up. I just said give me the points and they said OK.. hopefully they post!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 9:12 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite * UA Premier * Marriott Platinum * Hertz #1Gold Five Star
Quite a coincidence - at the Marriott Crystal City in Dec 2001 - I never got a Plat gift either. I remember only because I had just become Plat. earlier that month -and was excited to "use all the benefits" - I asked 3 diff. times, called the front desk twice and once went down to the front desk. Each time I was assured it was on its way. This was before the choice/guar. so we are talking "the box" here. Anyways - I was FINALLY given the box and $25 credit on my account (I watched a movie I think).

Something about that hotel... Anyways - in this case - I would call the GM and ask to be comp. If you don't get anywhere - call the private Plat cust service line (# on website) and ask for service. Good luck!

Old Dec 13, 2002, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Slightly off the topic, but I always stay at Crystal GATEWAY when I have to stay in that area. It's just across the highway from Crystal CITY and much nicer. Some people just don't know it's there.

Bruce
Old Dec 16, 2002, 2:35 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
It is a catch 22. To get the $100 Guarantee you have to request it before you leave the property. Read the fine print in the terms and conditions.

QUOTE .....If a member believes that compensation is due with respect to any aspect of the Elite Benefits Guarantee, he/she must request payment of the compensation while still a guest at the hotel, prior to checking out. Failure to request such payment prior to check out will result in a complete waiver of any right to receive such compensation.... UNQUOTE

Went through the same hassle at the LAX Marriott a very disappointing hotel!!
Old Dec 16, 2002, 3:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Slightly off the topic, but I always stay at Crystal GATEWAY when I have to stay in that area. It's just across the highway from Crystal CITY and much nicer. Some people just don't know it's there.

Bruce
</font>
Yes the Crystal City is a fantastic hotel - its my hotel of choice in DC.

Old Dec 17, 2002, 9:05 am
PSC 1K

Slightly off topic...I've had contact with Ms. Nowland due to extremely POOR "service" (I use the word guardedly). I will NEVER stay at that Marriott ever again! With so many Marriott properties in the area - NO WAY! It took over 2 months for her to even reply although CS had gotten a committment from her that a personal reply had already been mailed. It was postmarked a month later. Someone in conrporate really needs to take a look at the lack of management/direction at that place.

Old Dec 17, 2002, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Yes, there is a guarantee, but does it say WHEN the snack/beverage amenity will be delivered. I thought it was an arrival gift.

I am typing this message from the Marriott Linconshire where I checked in late last night (delayed flight), could have used a snack. The front desk clerk said that that room service was closed from the evening but they could bring my snack tommorrow or the next day (When I'm checking out. Right.) Oh yes, the concierge lounge is closed (no reason given) at this property as well. The front desk clerk just giggled nervously at my obvious disappointment.

I don't want to blame this property alone as this has happened to me before at other Marriott hotels. The reliance on room service for snack delivery is the flaw in the otherwise upgraded snack offerings. Couldn't they keep prepackaged snacks (like the old ones) at the front desk for off hours requests?

Should I be entitled to compensation?
Old Dec 17, 2002, 8:07 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I have never gotten the Platinum gift at the Renaissance Times Square, NYC.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keeton:
Yes, there is a guarantee, but does it say WHEN the snack/beverage amenity will be delivered. I thought it was an arrival gift.

I am typing this message from the Marriott Linconshire where I checked in late last night (delayed flight), could have used a snack. The front desk clerk said that that room service was closed from the evening but they could bring my snack tommorrow or the next day (When I'm checking out. Right.) Oh yes, the concierge lounge is closed (no reason given) at this property as well. The front desk clerk just giggled nervously at my obvious disappointment.

I don't want to blame this property alone as this has happened to me before at other Marriott hotels. The reliance on room service for snack delivery is the flaw in the otherwise upgraded snack offerings. Couldn't they keep prepackaged snacks (like the old ones) at the front desk for off hours requests?

Should I be entitled to compensation?
</font>
I know there's a policy on this exact topic and I guess I just assumed it stated just that...."prepackaged..." but I could be wrong...if you'd like to contact the GM directly his email is [email protected]
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
Guarantee started the end of October...as far as Crystal City goes...I'd contact the GM ([email protected]) directly and explain that as a platinum you did not receive your gift and were not aware of the guarantee</font>
Thanks, socrates. I did as you suggested and received a nice response from the Executive Assistant shortly thereafter. Yesterday I received in the mail a thoughtful gift to make up for the lapse.

I'm impressed! As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I had no complaints about the service there, was just wondering about the lack of a "welcome gift". They more than made it up to me.

Nicely done!
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:55 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The Platinum Welcome Gift now (since 01-Jan-03) includes the option to choose 500 points worldwide . When does the points typically post? At the same time with the points for the room?
(Yesterday I stayed at a Renaissance where I choose the points and tonight I'm going to choose the same at a Marriott. All stays in Germany; the check-in staff at the Renaissance already knew about the new option .).
Old Jan 8, 2003, 3:14 am

500 MR points equals (about) 250 miles in large quantities, fewer miles in smaller quantities. Call it about a penny a "point".

In my experience, the wine is worth more than $5, so I'll continue to opt for the bottle. Can use it as a hostess gift if you don't drink it at the hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.