Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Old May 2, 2002, 8:32 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I just checked in to the Renaissance Toronto Skydome yesterday but got the old package of 2 bottles of water, Snickers chocolate bar and chips (this seems to be the Canada standard). Well I am at Renaissance in Rochester, NY this weekend and back at the Toronto Renaissance so lets see what I get. ****, I love those $50 bonus bucks.
Old May 2, 2002, 9:47 pm

like the new choices... but too bad they aren't offering points as an option like starwood does
Old May 3, 2002, 8:12 am

Location: SLC, UT/ Delta - PM; Marriott - PM; Hilton - Gold; Hyatt - Diamond, Hertz - President's Circle
Checked into the Denver Renaissance on Monday and asked about this. They looked at me like I was crazy

Guess this info hasn't filtered to all of their hotels yet!
Old May 3, 2002, 8:24 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The same restriction as Starwood: applies to North America only .

------------------
You needn't be mad to board a plane.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
now worldwide -> Platinum Arrival Gift

Just found this info in my Marriott online account:

Starting September, 2002, hotels worldwide will offer the same Platinum Arrival Gift offered in North America. This new Gift features several snacks and beverages from which to choose.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This is definitely a downgrade of amenities. The non-U.S. hotels generally had MUCH nicer Platinum arrival gifts. It wasn't the old "box."

Bruce
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Marriott tries to make it sound like an upgrade--can't recall the exact terminology, but they are spinning it very positively.

IMO, they are roughly equal--all depends on whether you like Haagen Daas (which I do).

Also, not all properties allowed you to customize "the box" for future stays, so lots of time I ended up with banana chips and mustard (or something like that). Not too appealing for me!
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:48 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
How are they going to offer it in countries like India where Haggen Daaz is not avilable locally. Ship it from the middle east or Singapore, etc? Or will they offer local brands?
Old Oct 2, 2002, 2:16 pm

No Haagen Dazs here at the Chancery Court in London - the cookies are the next best choice, I think (but i can't recall exactly what the snack choices were).

-Zombie-

[This message has been edited by Zombie (edited 10-02-2002).]
Old Oct 2, 2002, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
When I was at the JW in Hong Kong, they offered me a choice of two items in addition to the beverages. Maybe not as good as the prior welcome gift that I received, but still nice.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
There is some leeway in tailoring the gift card at each property (for the property, not for the guest). For example, in the US, properties can choose between Pepsi or Coke products depending on their offerings.

I would still love to see the option that was referred to some months ago for getting 500 points instead of one of the gifts...
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:53 am

There is definately leeway in there. For instance in Canada each property offers a "regional" beer and their house wine as beverage options to go along with the Haagen Dazs, Cheese&Crackers, etc.
c.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
At the Eden Roc: pint of Haagen Dazs
At the Renaissance Hollywood: 2 huge scoops
At the Le Merigot (Santa Monica): 3 tiny scoops with a few slices of fresh strawberry.

No indication of the ice cream brand, except at the Eden Roc.

At the Renaissance Hollywood: 1/2 bottle of Coppola Chardonnay
At the Le Merigot: 1/2 bottle of Meridian Chardonnay
Old Oct 8, 2002, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
So far, each time I've requested ice cream, it's been a pint of Haagen Dazs.

Those properties include:
MC San Juan, PR
MC DFW Airport North
MC Solana (DFW)

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
This is definitely a downgrade of amenities. The non-U.S. hotels generally had MUCH nicer Platinum arrival gifts. It wasn't the old "box."

Bruce
</font>
Just wait...there's more to come in about 15 days....I think most marquis members will be extremely happy with the additional upgrades

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.