Time taken for Points to Post

Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Time taken for Points to Post

I checked out of a Courtyard on Sunday, Jan 23, 2011.

When should the Points post?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Normally between 2-3 business days after check-out but I have seen it take over 2 weeks. Give it a couple of more days.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Depends. In my experience points usually post in 2-3 days.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Normally I got my e-bill on the third day after checkout (email often sent out around 4:00am) and the points posted on the same day, but I've seen it on as far as the fifth day. Marriott did that very good. I never missed one.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Points from a recent stay at the Ren Barcelona took about nine or ten days to post.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
I usually seem them in 2-3 days
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:53 pm

They ask you to wait 10 business days before requesting. Some hotels are incredibly quick and it happens the next day. Other hotels just never ever post without a call.

If you are really desperate for some reason (for example to book a trip or qualify for Gold/Platinum) then you can likely call and submit your receipt to be credited. I have had mixed luck with this.

Sometimes they are strict about every detail and sometimes you just get credited in minutes.

YMMV.

Dr. PITUK
Old May 22, 2016, 9:01 pm

I completed a stay at Ritz Carlton Kyoto, checked out last Monday, but points have not been posted (1 reservation is under my father's name, but I am listed as the second guest, and my Marriott account number is attached to the reservation. the other reservation is under my name.)

it's been 8 days, so should I keep waiting or should I call Marriott to find out what's going on?
Old May 24, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I completed a stay at Ritz Carlton Kyoto, checked out last Monday, but points have not been posted (1 reservation is under my father's name, but I am listed as the second guest, and my Marriott account number is attached to the reservation. the other reservation is under my name.)

it's been 8 days, so should I keep waiting or should I call Marriott to find out what's going on?
Not sure you'll get the points as a second guest in the room. Who's name is on the bill?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.