Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by sorka
I stayed at the Cosmo 2 years ago and loved it.

Will stay there again for 3 nights starting next Saturday. As a MR Platinum, will i no longer get the Wicked Spoon buffet for 2?

Do I get a discount for the Marquee night club? Do the $ spent in that club can be charged to the room, and then would i get the MR points?

What's the thing with the 'sandwich trick'? I saw it mentioned in a couple of post but cannot figure what it is. Thanks!
1. No more free buffets.

2. I know you can charge the various restaurants to your room but you do not get MR points. Not sure about the Marquee.

3. At checkin when you hand them your credit card and license, you put a $20 (or $50) between, hence the sandwich. You are going at a slow time so you would likely get an upgrade anyway. Past 2 years same time, I've been upgraded from terrace one bedroom to one bedroom suite fountain view no sandwich. I've already put in my request for the wrap around but I'll settle for the one bedroom. I was also able to get an LNF rate so either way I'm ahead.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by sorka
I stayed at the Cosmo 2 years ago and loved it.

Will stay there again for 3 nights starting next Saturday. As a MR Platinum, will i no longer get the Wicked Spoon buffet for 2?

Do I get a discount for the Marquee night club? Do the $ spent in that club can be charged to the room, and then would i get the MR points?

What's the thing with the 'sandwich trick'? I saw it mentioned in a couple of post but cannot figure what it is. Thanks!
I'm probably 5 for 5 with the $20 trick at Cosmo going from City to Terrace or Studio Suite . Definitely worth it.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:00 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Hilarious! Is Vegas the last place on the planet where that trick still works?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
1. No more free buffets.

I was also able to get an LNF rate so either way I'm ahead.
WOT? No more comped buffets for Platinums?

As for LNF, where do you find the low rates for the claim?

Thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec
Thank you for the no-buffet confirmation... That's a bummer, that was the main reason I enjoyed staying there with my +1.

And thanks for the 'sandwich' definition. I am barely in the room, so I don't really care about upgrades... I just wanted my Wicked Spoon vouchers :-(
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:21 pm

View from Terrace 1 Bedroom

Made a snap decision to do NYE in Vegas this year. Staying in the Cosmo in a terrace 1 bedroom.

What's the view like? Do they all face one direction? Any experts who can tell me if the fireworks will be visible from the "terrace"?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by hank02p3305
Made a snap decision to do NYE in Vegas this year. Staying in the Cosmo in a terrace 1 bedroom.

What's the view like? Do they all face one direction? Any experts who can tell me if the fireworks will be visible from the "terrace"?
They face all 4 directions, it's the luck of the draw. A tip when you check in my help you get a better view. But check in mid-day (not too early, not too late) so they have a selection of rooms to choose from. Some rooms will be better than others for watching fireworks.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by hank02p3305

If it's on points, I can say the last 2 years I have been given probably some of the worst rooms in the hotel (lowest floor and facing south - as a MR Platinum no less). That said, the fireworks are visible from all rooms. If facing south you will have the Aria right across the street shooting them off and you also be able to see the MGM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
If it's on points, I can say the last 2 years I have been given probably some of the worst rooms in the hotel (lowest floor and facing south - as a MR Platinum no less). That said, the fireworks are visible from all rooms. If facing south you will have the Aria right across the street shooting them off and you also be able to see the MGM.
OP also has to compete with the high rollers who will be there. Not sure if the hosts will block rooms in advance for their players, but this sometimes is the case.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:38 am

Are there any Cyber Monday deals this year? I'm not seeing anything.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by azmojo
Are there any Cyber Monday deals this year? I'm not seeing anything.
Nope, none for Vegas. There's a link in the Cyber Monday thread that details the few states & properties where they're offering CM deals (which are prepaid, nonrefundable).

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:27 pm

First some news:

I guess we get free wifi now at Cosmopolitan even if we don't pay resort fee? (as of Jan 15, 2015)
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-prices...ing-details.mi

And a recent tweet:
Celebrate Cyber Monday with 30% off a trip to Las Vegas…for yourself, or for someone else.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
And a recent tweet:
Celebrate Cyber Monday with 30% off a trip to Las Vegas…for yourself, or for someone else.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
That link is the standard link to the Cosmopolitan page on the Marriott website. I plugged in a few dates, and it gave no availability. Then I tried 1/11 to 1/13, rate code 444, and it gave a $9,999.00 rate
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
First some news:

I guess we get free wifi now at Cosmopolitan even if we don't pay resort fee? (as of Jan 15, 2015)
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-prices...ing-details.mi
Yes, all MR members will get free wifi as of 1/15/15, but you're still going to have to pay the resort fee. It's been a pet peeve of Marriott elites for a while when resort fees include something we already get for free, but they don't reduce or eliminate the resort fee.

Cheers.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Yes, all MR members will get free wifi as of 1/15/15, but you're still going to have to pay the resort fee. It's been a pet peeve of Marriott elites for a while when resort fees include something we already get for free, but they don't reduce or eliminate the resort fee.

Cheers.
I didn't ask specifically, but it was implied that paying the resort fee was completely optional. For example, they made it a point when I checked in to use the fitness room to see and tell me that since I paid the resort fee I could use the workout room. Unless this was just a ploy to try to make people feel like they were getting something for paying the fee, it would seem you don't have to pay it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.