Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Napa Valley Marriott Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa $20 Daily Destination Fee includes the following daily amenities:
  • Culinary Garden Tour with Sparkling Wine (4pm)
  • Yoga Class every morning meet in the lobby (7:30am)
  • Preserve Spa Access Eucalyptus Steam Room (8:30am to 12:00pm)
  • Specialized® Bicycle Access with hybrid bicycles with helmet, available from dawn to dusk
  • Bottled Spring Water replenished in your room daily
  • Napa Valley Roasting Company Coffee, Two cups of fresh brew available daily in VINeleven Market
  • Daily Vintner Pour every evening in the lobby (5-6pm)
  • Wireless High Speed Internet
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Did a search and posts that came up were over a year old. We are staying there later this month. Is hotel still in need of renovation? Has their treatment of Platinums improved? How is the conceirge lounge? Traveling with my spouse so a good experience is very important.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:17 pm
jjj

I havent been there recently but why not the Rennaissance in Sanoma. That is a great property and treated me as a platinum excellent.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 6:25 pm

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
Thumbs up

Was there in August 2002 - not exactly recently, but I was very happy with my stay. Nice concierge lounge, free wine in the lobby in the evenings, wonderful bar with helpful bartender - he gave us a lot of great info about wineries to go to "off the beaten path." Pool area is very nice. The spa is wonderful - had just opened, and it wasn't too ridiculously priced for a resort. We had room service breakfast one morning, and sandwiches in our bar the 1st night - great food overall. I would very happily go back to the Napa Marriott.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 9:03 pm

Programs: Continental Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Actually just checked out of the Napa Valley Marriott this morning, using points for a reward stay. The renovations are complete. As a platinum I was told that I was upgraded to a concierge room. Normal US platinum arrival gift menu (I was hoping for something a little more "special" being in Napa). I can't imagine it was any different than any other room in the joint. Room service is spotty. I don't think they got my order correct once. The concierge service is extremely helpful. The exercise facility is wonderful. Didn't use any spa services or eat in the restaurant. Only ate in the concierge lounge for breakfast this morning. It was nicer than other lounges, with eggs and bacon in addition to the requisite cereal and mixed fruit.
Old May 6, 2006, 11:05 am

Anyone been to Napa Valley Marriott recently....

....I heard it has gone through renovations, and wondered at anyone's experiences at the hotel. Are there certain room locations that are better than others? Did there appear to be upgrades available? Many thanks ....
Old May 6, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I was there about 6 months ago. Its nothing but a glorified motel. I dont really understand how they can even call it a resort. The lobby is really nice, but dont let that be an indication of the rooms.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Marriott in Napa....any recent stays?

I did a search for the Marriott in Napa and they seem to be pretty dated. Some pretty bad reviews, ouch.

Any recent stays at the property? I'm getting the feeling that is property is mediocre, at best.

Thinking about staying Easter weekend....$179 rate for lowest category. I'm Gold so I suppose that we'll have lounge access, even they even have a lounge open during the weekends, which I doubt.

Probably drop another $100 or so on their champagne brunch for Easter.

Dawn
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:44 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Not recently but the property was a little dated when I was there two years ago. Would be interested to find out if the property has been updated.

It sorta reminded me of a super 8 (two, maybe three stories, small lobby)

It was clean though and I think they had free wine in the CL, that's something you never will see in the US.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
re;Marriott Napa

I stayed in Decmebr for 2 nights and as a silver was upgraded and given lounge access. I ahd a very cheap rate as I was able to use the rate guarantee against a rate I had found on travelocity. I am not 100% sure, but I do think the lounge was open on weekends. The room looked like it had recently been updated. There was free wine at night in the lounge and even in the lobby for all guests. The lounge did offer a good selection of foods for breakfast and dessert. There ws a large pool area. Did not eat in the restaurant. The hotel had 2 wings. I think 1 wing was for elites and had the lounge area and the other wing was for general guests.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Assuming you're asking about the Napa Valley Hotel and Spa, I stayed there for a night last month. I am but a lowely silver, so I can't comment on the lounge. The room was nice, the hotel was clean, and the food in the restaurant was excellent. As holocker said, they had a free wine tasting in the lobby that evening. I rather enjoyed sitting by the fire in the lobby and relaxing for an hour or so before dinner.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Priority Club, Continental Silver
My wife and I stayed there last April, everything was more than fine, the lounge had a pretty view. Not super fabulous or anything but definitely a fine property.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
I'll preface this by stating that I may have been an exception.

I'm a plat. I encountered rudeness, indifference, no upgrade, and a very ordinary "holiday inn type" room waaay down at the end of a corridor on the second floor....far from the CL and lobby, with a view of a parking lot. The hotel couldn't have been more than half full. I hasten to point out that I was courteous, civil and polite during my entire check in process. Dressed business casual. Perhaps someone was having a bad day or perhaps they just didn't want me.

Not being at all satisfied, I simply cancelled and found other more pleasant (and more welcoming) accomodations nearby. I found the low rate quoted by Marriott to be no bargain, and gladly paid more for a much more inviting and romantic 2-day Napa getaway experience.

This experience was totally opposite of what I typically find at FS Marriott properties. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've ever walked from a Marriott-branded hotel.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
My experience was the same as cyberdad's, except that it was probably 8 years ago and I didn't leave to stay somewhere else.

As soon as the Renaissance Sonoma Lodge opened, though, and I stayed there, I had my preferred wine country hotel. I can't say enough good things about that property, and recommend it very highly.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
Cyberdad could have been writing my recent experience as well. As plat, I was given a 2nd floor room facing parking lot. The room reminded me of a Fairfield rather than a FS Marriott. I decided to check out the CL and found it to be the VERY worst I have ever been in. At 8:30 PM, there was 1 cookie left and nobody staffing it. Just dreadful!!!

Now the kicker. As I got to my room, there was a nice bottle of wine left on the desk. I thought it was a nice touch as the property was dated and it would be a nice gesture for a plat. I decided to grab the bottle at checkout and give it to a customer I was visiting in the AM. A few days later, I opened my efolio and found I was charged $22.00 for the bottle of wine. There was no mention of cost whatsoever anywhere in the room for the wine (I double checked). After a couple phone calls from an irate trader61, they agreed to remove the charge.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
We are thinking of booking here because it is about 9 miles away from the French Laundry where we will be dining. Anyone stay here recently who would be kind enough to post a few lines about your experience would be appreciated. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.