Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Marriott and Ritz-Carlton | Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 18, 10, 4:05 pm   #1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco, where else?
Programs: AA-EXP-CK 2.5mm, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Posts: 675
Marriott Visa free night - where is it?

I signed up for the Marriott Visa w/the free night e-certificate offer. I have looked at Marriott.com in my rewards account and Chase online and cannot find any "e-certificate." Anyone know what the procedure is to receive this?

Thanks
goldengate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 10, 10:32 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,503
Have you earned this bonus before? Marriott is very good at tracking its e-cert sign up bonus via credit card - it is only issued ONCE regardless how many times you get the Marriott card unless you get a different genre of the card (the much higher annual fee version).

If this is your first time, the e-cert should be deposited in your Marriott account and is viewable by clicking the appropriate tab.

One possibility is your Marriott account number may not be correctly associated to your Chase card - be it a typo when you typed in your application form, or Chase somehow messed up - check with Chase to make sure the Marriott account number associated with your card is the correct number. If the number is incorrect, the e-cert naturally would not show up.
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 10, 12:52 pm   #3
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Anywhere a good micro brew is served!!
Programs: Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Plat.
Posts: 6,988
You'll probably get more help at the Marriott forum so off you go.
__________________
Go Vikings!
philemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 10, 1:04 pm   #4
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco, where else?
Programs: AA-EXP-CK 2.5mm, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Posts: 675
Thanks... I did debate posting in that forum!

I've also contacted Marriott directly and Chase Visa directly to see if and when it posted.
goldengate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 10, 2:13 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FL & NY
Programs: Hilton Gold,Marriott, US,AA.DL, AGR, Hyatt
Posts: 131
Marriott Visa

I had the MR Signature Visa over two years ago, at which time I did receive a
certificate for 1 night Cat 1=4.
I cancelled that card about a year and a half ago.
This May I applied for the Premier Signature rewards card which has a $ 65 fee.
This card promised 50000 points and a free stay. I did get the 50000 points but
not the free stay.
I contacted Chase and they informed me that since I had received a free stay
previously, they would not give me that, but that I would get a free stay on the
first anniversary of this card.
So much for the fine print, but hey, 50K points is still good.

Perhaps this will explain this to you.
catamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 10, 3:49 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengate View Post
I signed up for the Marriott Visa w/the free night e-certificate offer. I have looked at Marriott.com in my rewards account and Chase online and cannot find any "e-certificate." Anyone know what the procedure is to receive this?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, the free stay shows up on the anniversary date.
You don't get it as soon as you sign up. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
b1513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 10, 5:52 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: BOS
Programs: HHonors Gold, PC Platinum
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamaran View Post
I had the MR Signature Visa over two years ago, at which time I did receive a
certificate for 1 night Cat 1=4.
I cancelled that card about a year and a half ago.
This May I applied for the Premier Signature rewards card which has a $ 65 fee.
This card promised 50000 points and a free stay. I did get the 50000 points but
not the free stay.
I contacted Chase and they informed me that since I had received a free stay
previously, they would not give me that, but that I would get a free stay on the
first anniversary of this card.
So much for the fine print, but hey, 50K points is still good.

Perhaps this will explain this to you.
My husband had the same thing happen. He's had the basic card before. When he applied for the Premier Visa, he only received the points and not the free night's stay until the first anniversary of the card.
mareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 10, 5:54 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
I got a free night after I signed up for that card, but they used my cert on the next rewards stay I made without my knowledge. It was a Cat 3 hotel and I wanted to use points, but they used my Cat 1-4 cert on it instead of points. I would have preferred to save the cert for a night in a Cat 4 hotel.

I didn't realize what happened until a couple months later when I tried to use the cert. I called and the lady I spoke with promised to deduct 15K points and re-issue the cert, but that never happened. They issued me a new Cat 1-3 cert and then cancelled it a day later. I've been too busy to call back and try to straigten things out again - and I'm not even sure if 5K points is worth my time and effort.
missnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 10, 7:34 am   #9
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco, where else?
Programs: AA-EXP-CK 2.5mm, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Posts: 675
Mystery solved:

We recently received your request for a Marriott Free
Night Stay certificate in conjunction with the opening of
your new Marriott Rewards Visa Signature account. Our
records indicate that you were previously issued a Free
Night Stay certificate. As stated in the application
disclosure, this offer is valid only for first-time
Marriott Rewards Visa Cardmembers. We regret that since
the offer does not apply to existing Marriott Rewards Visa
Cardmembers, we are unable to provide you with a
certificate for your additional account. We apologize for
any inconvenience this may have caused you.
goldengate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 10, 10:48 am   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ORD
Posts: 271
How long did it take to get approved for this card? From day one, the phone system keeps telling me that they will notify me in 30 days in writing? It has been 2 weeks already and is this a bad sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareh View Post
My husband had the same thing happen. He's had the basic card before. When he applied for the Premier Visa, he only received the points and not the free night's stay until the first anniversary of the card.
spacehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 pm.