Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Really liking the Spring Hill Suites brand!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Really liking the Spring Hill Suites brand!

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 5:53 am
Suspended

I've stayed there and I agree. The bad thing is that place is usually jammed backed esp at breakfast time
Old May 23, 2015, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmanrunner
The hotel looked great on the outside and inside but my room smelled so strongly of cleaning fluids it was almost unbearable. All my clothes took on the smell of the room and it was an uncomfortable stay. It looked like the air conditioner vent was completely covered in black mold too. What I was unable to determine on my own was whether this was just a bad housekeeping experience or were they trying to cover up other smells in the room.
I think the whole moldy smell / mold thing is a challenge at hotels in more humid climates. A lot of them also have totally sealed windows. You wonder what it will do to your system after staying there.

In tourist heavy destinations like South FL, it seems some of the hotels (even FS hotels with major chains) are in pretty bad shape compared to the counterparts in less touristy cities. I guess the demand is seasonal and yield is low so quality is not high?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.