Wiki Posts
Search

Review of Beachwood OH FI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Review of Beachwood OH FI

Not that I anticipate a flood of folks flocking to Cleveland, but I thought I'd share a recent experience at the Beachwood Farifield Inn outside of Cleveland on I-271.

I drove out from NJ and chose the FI because of it's direct location on the Interstate with good proximity to Cleveland and where I had to conduct my business. The property looks very new and is easy to get to off of the exit. The lobby is bright and busy and the staff friendly and accomodating. I caught a platinum UG to a suite which was a nice surprise after an 8 hour drive. The property has a large indoor pool which seems quite busy -- a good thing for families or those who simply want a quick dip.

A big plus here is that a Houlihan's Restaurant adjoins the FI. I found ths very useful as I was out most of the day, returning to the hotel @ 7PM and not in much of a mood to venture out for dinner. Houlihan's has good food and a bar where I wound down each night with a meal watching the NBA playoffs. There's also a Bob Evans 200 feet across the parking lot next to the hotel so that one can opt for the free FI BF fare or eat at Bob Evans. I myself ate BF each day at a Dennys a few miles up the road as I prefer their breakfast fare/atmosphere.

My plans changed and I needed to extend my stay a few days. The gal at the desk remembered me from check-in and simply verifies that they have space -- I was even able to keep the suite. So the bottom line is that I had a good stay, felt that the staff is on the ball, and I enjoyed the ease of finding a BF or dinner venue which did not require a lot of effort from me. There is also a CY and a RI both accessible from the same Beachwood exit and these would offer the usual Marriott attributes as well.

Folks having to venture through the Cleveland area might want to keep the FI Beachwood in mind.

Barry
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed at this hotel for 9 days in July-August 2013. The adjoining restaurant has closed, but there is an even better Bahama Breeze (and other places, too) within walking distance. The hotel is really very nice -- and the cheapest option on the East side of Cleveland. I would definitely stay there again.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.