Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

List of Marriott Owned (not managed) Properties

Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium

Does such a list exist? I am interested to compare MI owned versus managed properties. I am staying at the Gaithersburg Marriott and noticed the building next door said Marriott. If there isn't a list, maybe we could use this thread to post what we know as current MI owned properties.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl
Does such a list exist? I am interested to compare MI owned versus managed properties. I am staying at the Gaithersburg Marriott and noticed the building next door said Marriott. If there isn't a list, maybe we could use this thread to post what we know as current MI owned properties.
yes lots of Tech folks in the building next door there....there is an 'internal' list but I'm not aware of an external list...MI's belief is there should be no difference between managed and franchised and they dont wish to give anyone reason to think otherwise (the old Marriott Inn's were the franchised hotels and the Marriott Hotel's were the managed)
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Well I sure hope the one there isn't corporate owned.... cause so far ... big thumbs down. Ready to head back to the Courtyard in Rockville for the rest of the week. No extra towels, no foam pillows, no refrig, no platnium greeting. Checked in a 1:30 am. Got a call 30 minutes later in room asking if I wanted the points or amenity! I would had been livid had I already fallen asleep. Oh, and the lounge attendant has the personality of a tick.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I sure hope the one there isn't corporate owned.... cause so far ... big thumbs down. Ready to head back to the Courtyard in Rockville for the rest of the week. No extra towels, no foam pillows, no refrig, no platnium greeting. Checked in a 1:30 am. Got a call 30 minutes later in room asking if I wanted the points or amenity! I would had been livid had I already fallen asleep. Oh, and the lounge attendant has the personality of a tick.
Owned no...managed I believe so
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a call 30 minutes later in room asking if I wanted the points or amenity!
One of the problems with the guarentee if you ask me. I'm sure the FD person thought about it after you left and its either risk getting in trouble/paying you $100 or calling up and seeing what you'd like. Kind of a no-win situation for them.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:44 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
If the property cannot be found at this site then I think it is a safe bet to assume that the property is not owned or managed by Marriott. Now I am not sure if the properties listed are all owned by Marriott or not, but I am going to assume no.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:55 am

From my limited understanding, Marriott does not really own that many properties.

I know that Mr. Marriott own a few properties himself (I do not know if that means Marriott Corp. owns them or stirctly Mr. Marriott himself however).

Dan
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Bulldog

Most 'Marriott' properties are not owned by Marriott. I am looking specifically for properties own by Marriott, a Marriott, or a Marriott Trust.

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
If the property cannot be found at this site then I think it is a safe bet to assume that the property is not owned or managed by Marriott. Now I am not sure if the properties listed are all owned by Marriott or not, but I am going to assume no.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:35 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Bulldog

Most 'Marriott' properties are not owned by Marriott. I am looking specifically for properties own by Marriott, a Marriott, or a Marriott Trust.
Yes, I'm aware that Marriott does not own most of their properties and merely acts as a managing firm (same with Hilton prior to the buyout by Blackstone a few years ago). However, I provided the site to rule out those that are neither owned nor managed by Marriott, since as Socrates said, there is no official external list published by Marriott of those that are owned and those that are not.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Franchisee's are encouraged to use that system as well for their MI flagged hotels
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dan1431
From my limited understanding, Marriott does not really own that many properties.

I know that Mr. Marriott own a few properties himself (I do not know if that means Marriott Corp. owns them or stirctly Mr. Marriott himself however).

Dan
the family trust (headed up by JWMIII) owns quite a few hotels (in the past 10 years they have become one of the largest owners)...but company typically owns less than 10 at any one time
Old May 11, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: MR Plat
Well...if there isn't a list, let's start one...

I was trying to figure this out when I found this thread. I did some research on a few hotels in Warren, MI, near the GM Tech Center. Here's what I found using the Macomb County GIS system to look at public tax records:

The owner of the CY in Warren is listed as:
MARRIOTT CORPORATION
MARRIOTT BUSINESS SERVICES
P. O. BOX 579
LOUISVILLE, TN 37777-0579
I would say that this is a company-owned location.

The owner of the TPS in Warren is listed as:
WARREN HOTEL SUITES INC
24725 GREENFIELD
SOUTHFIELD, MI 48075
This is NOT a company-owned location.

This kind of data isn't always readily available...but if you REALLY want to know, it's the best way to find out (without just asking at the desk.)
Old May 11, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cntrlwiz
Well...if there isn't a list, let's start one...

I was trying to figure this out when I found this thread. I did some research on a few hotels in Warren, MI, near the GM Tech Center. Here's what I found using the Macomb County GIS system to look at public tax records:

The owner of the CY in Warren is listed as:
MARRIOTT CORPORATION
MARRIOTT BUSINESS SERVICES
P. O. BOX 579
LOUISVILLE, TN 37777-0579
I would say that this is a company-owned location.

The owner of the TPS in Warren is listed as:
WARREN HOTEL SUITES INC
24725 GREENFIELD
SOUTHFIELD, MI 48075
This is NOT a company-owned location.

This kind of data isn't always readily available...but if you REALLY want to know, it's the best way to find out (without just asking at the desk.)

FYI the CY is a MI Managed hotel but is NOT MI owned, the TPS is franchised yes
Old May 12, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: Too many to list
The Courtyard & TownePlace Suites in Milpitas, CA are owned (and managed) by Marriott last time I heard a few years ago. Not sure if this has changed recently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.