Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:23 am

England (small update)

1) Bristol Marriott City Centre
2) CLOSED
3) COUPONS (in reality they simply remove the charge for buffet breakfasts at check-out)
4) No access
5) Business services at a fee
6) April 2010
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Great job, thank you!

Fremont, California, USA
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Lounge Closed Weekends-Coupons Issued
No Lounge Access on Weekends
4/10

Monterey, California, USA
Monterey Marriott
No Lounge-Coupons Issued
10/09
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:56 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Wow, Sharon, great thread, and really good info, thanks so much for this, it will really help on my forthcoming visit to USA

So to help where I can...

Canada

Toronto Airport, closed, no vouchers

UK

Birmingham, No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days/week

Durham, No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days/week

Edinburgh Dalmahoy, No lounge, free hot and cold buffet7 days/week

Manchester Airport, Lounge key access, free hot and cold buffet in restaurant at weekends

Peterborough, No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days/week

Portsmouth, No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days/week

Southampton (Meon Valley) No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days/week

Swindon, No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days/week

Liverpool Marriott South is now a Crowne Plaza

France

Monaco Cap D'Ail (not Ait) No lounge, free hot and cold buffet 7 days week + from minibar free food and drinks inc wine/beer, restocked daily.

Note at none of these hotels have I ever received a coupon at all, I've just been told breakfast is included in the restaurant.

Once again, thanks Sharon for this very useful list, it seems that Marriott is reopening for business...

Bob
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I don't have time to do this w/ all the properties in the Marriott chain, but I did have a 20-minute window today - so I decided to look at hotel websites & call some of the properties to find out if the lounge was open, and if it was closed, if they offered breakfast coupons.

I didn't ask about i-net terminals or key access, though, because I confused the first clerk when I did.

So - Alabama is updated at least (I picked a state that I figured didn't have 1,000 properties and that started w/ an A LOL).

Still need help from other FTers to report if the overall list is accurate, or add properties if they're not listed. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I'll post some info later today since I'm getting ready to check out of the Hyatt Bellevue.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
1) Chicago, IL - Chicago Marriott O'Hare
2) CLOSED
3) NO COUPONS
4) No access
5) 1 terminal available
6) April 2010
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Also, if there is a property listed that you've stayed at & the information is correct, can you post that it is & the most recent date you stayed/confirmed it?
Most of my entries are a couple of years old (or older), and I don't know if someone has more recent stays or info, but here you go:

Florida - Hollywood Beach Marriott - July, 2006 - Correct per my experience

Tennessee - Memphis Marriott East (Thousand Oaks) - Nov, 2008 - Correct per my experience

Virginia - Crystal Gateway, Arlington, VA - March, 2007 - Correct per my experience

China - Wuhan Renaissance - March, 2008 - Correct per my experience
China - Shanghai JW Marriott, Tomorrow Square - March, 2008 - Correct per my experience

England - London Heathrow/Windsor Marriott - September, 2007 - NOT LISTED (OPEN - but no food on Weekends) (Note this used to be the Slough/Windsor Marriott)

Egypt - Cairo / JW Marriott / OPEN - May, 2008 - Correct per my experience
Egypt - Cairo / Cairo Marriott Hotel / OPEN - May, 2008 - Correct per my experience
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
1) Denver, CO - Denver Marriott City Center
2) CLOSED
3) NO COUPONS
4) No access
5) Don't know
6) March 2010
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Illinois:

Chicago / Renaissance Chicage O'Hare Suites / CLOSED[/QUOTE]

Every time I've been there over the weekend I've eaten in the restaurant and they didn't charge me after I gave them my room #. Haven't been there in a few months though.
Also there's no Marriott in Jerusalem, Israel. And there's a Ren. in Tel-Aviv. Not sure what the deal is there though.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:55 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by travelismylife
Illinois:

Chicago / Renaissance Chicage O'Hare Suites / CLOSED

Every time I've been there over the weekend I've eaten in the restaurant and they didn't charge me after I gave them my room #. Haven't been there in a few months though.
I'm basing this from my conversation with the GM last week:

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The GM of the Renaissance left me a voice message Friday evening on my work number and confirmed that the lounge is closed on weekends and thay they do *not* offer breakfast comps in lieu of lounge access. I'll take her word for it, but the email from one of her subordinates (poorly written as it was) does seem to contradict this.

[Update] The GM called me this morning after I sent her an email directly and she did say that she would honor her subordinate's offer for free breakfast. I thought she did a nice job of taking owership of the problem once it got to her and worked towards a reasonable solution.

Thanks again to Marriott Concierge for helping me make contact with the property.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
1) Boulder, CO - Marriott
2) CLOSED
3) COUPONS
4) Access Soft Drinks/Water
5) No
6) March 2010
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Renaissance Parc Trocadero (Paris): no lounge; comped breakfast 7 days in restaurant (stayed there fall 2009)

Renaissance Vinoy should be listed as a resort (Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort and Golf Club). They go beyond most resorts by providing comped breakfast 7 days. One breakfast per plat/gold up to a maximum value of $20 the last time I stayed there, in 2008.

Renaissance Mayflower: Lounge closed on weekends. Former policy of providing coupons or comped breakfast on weekends has been eliminated.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Updated the list. Again, please review & if you see any errors, please post a correction. If you see any properties not listed, please add them. If you see something listed that's correct & you've stayed relatively recently w/in the last year or so, post that so I can put an update next to the property. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I ended up missing my flight yesterday and took the redeye back to the East Coast.

Here is the info I have:

1. Fullerton, CA - Marriott
2. Closed
3. Free breakfast - no paper coupons, they take it off based on your elite status. Also, this property will let you go downstairs to get a free omelette made on weekdays when the lounge is open. I assume you have to pay a tip, but this is still pretty nice.
4. No weekend access when lounge is closed
5. None that I'm aware of, but platinum and gold members get an access code from the front desk for free internet. Note this property does not have free roaming with Boingo or other third party internet providers.
6. February 2010

1. Aliso Viejo, CA - Renaissance ClubSport
2. No lounge
3. Free breakfast everyday - you can get a full buffet, but you have to pay extra for an omelette - seems somewhat cheap to me for them to define a full free breakfast this way.
4. N/A
5. All guests have free internet
6. February 2010

1. Portland, OR - Marriott City Center
2. Closed
3. Coupons provided for free breakfast - note it ends at 11 am, relatively early compared to many other Marriott hotels for a weekend breakfast so don't sleep in too late.
4. No
5. Free wi-fi in lounge. I think there is a terminal as well.
6. August 2009

1. Redmond, WA - Marriott
2. Closed
3. No free breakfast on weekends
4. No
5. No terminals and not sure if lounge has free internet. I went to the lounge mainly to eat.
6. April 2010
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. First post updated. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.