Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Charleston, SC Renaissance

As noted, no lounge. Choice of 750 points or Full buffet for SO and I.
Platinum arrival gift was 500 points or $10 F&B credit.
Enhanced WiFi provided free.
Stay date was 11/24/14.

Last edited by jrsinpdx; Nov 25, 2014 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa

As noted previously, this is a resort so no bennies. However I was given a $50 resort credit at check in to "cover breakfast tomorrow morning".

Stay date was 11/20/14
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Updating the Burbank Airport Marriott. Just had an extended stay here from 10/31 to 11/20.

Originally Posted by what is currently in the first post
* Burbank / Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport / CLOSED (OPEN?) recent policy change to be open on weekends but currently in flux; brekkie in lounge if it's closed; key accessible; i-net terminals + printer; PAG $10FB coupon or 500 pts; 04/05/14 update
Lounge was OPEN every single day. I wish I had taken a photo of the hours posted on the door, but I didn't. Lounge is also accessible 24/7. Soda/water available at any time.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
1) Stuttgart Marriott, Germany

2) Lounge currently closed for renovation until January 12th (whole hotel will be renovated until May 2015), Hors d'oeuvres served in restaurant between 17:30 and 19:30, followed by dessert&drinks until 21:30. Breakfast daily in restaurant for Gold&Platinum while lounge is closed.

3) Under renovation

4) Free i-net in lobby for all

5) Current as of 11/14

Platinum arrival gift: 500 points or food&drink amenity

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by LKO
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
April 2014
Executive Lounge on 37th floor (entire floor) is open 24/7

Breakfast 6 AM to 10:30 AM (Sun to Thurs)
Breakfast 6 AM to 11 AM (Fri, Sat & public holidays)
Afternoon tea 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Happy hours 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Selection of beverages 6:30 to 9:00 PM
Sweet bites 9:30 PM to midnight
All day selection of hot beverages, soft drinks, juices, & water

Lounge also includes concierge desk and business center with 4 computers & printer

edited to add that the selection of beverages served (by a staff member) include alcoholic beverages, but only from 6:30 to 9:00 PM
platinum amenity is 500 points or food/drink amenity
Quick one..
Other than during breakfast time, are there hot meal / snack options during the day too ?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Updated:

* Minnesota
* Missouri
* South Carolina

Cheers.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Lounge is still temporary facility on 2nd floor. Quite reasonable and large
Closed Sat and Sun. 1000 points per night in lieu of breakfast in restaurant
We were just at the FS Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile the first half of Thanksgiving week. Great location, but halls and rooms in need of complete makeover. Friendly staff. Club Lounge is OK but really should be moved to the top of the hotel - it's a low-ceilinged space with no windows.

I had read here that they automatically only offered 1000 points in lieu of breakfast but I asked the FDC nicely at checkin on Saturday night and they provided coupons for full breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning. There were two adults in our group, no children. Interestingly, when we went to the restaurant on Sunday morning, the hostess took a look at our vouchers and proceeded to seat us in the Club Lounge seating area, which is connected to the main restaurant through a glass door. We saw several other groups treated similarly. We had the option of using the full buffet or ordering a la carte, which we did. Made for a nicer, quieter experience. YMMV
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Napa, CA same as of 12-4-14

Monterey, CA same as of 12-2-14 and 750 points if you decline breakfast.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
* Denver / Marriott Tech Center / CLOSED; Coupons for Golds/Plats; if they forget to give at check-in, just stop by front desk to pick up*

The weekend coupon at this hotel is strictly enforced for cold breakfast only. Had "hot breakfast surcharge" added on for toasting breads, and sales tax added on to the toasting fees.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
UPDATE, with substantial changes to previous 9/30/14 update:

Providence / Renaissance / CLOSED; Continental breakfast coupon each night of stay for two in restaurant; may apply total coupon value of $25 towards full breakfast. Plat arrival gift 750pts/$10 FB credit; 12/07/14 update.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:44 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tanic
* Denver / Marriott Tech Center / CLOSED; Coupons for Golds/Plats; if they forget to give at check-in, just stop by front desk to pick up*

The weekend coupon at this hotel is strictly enforced for cold breakfast only. Had "hot breakfast surcharge" added on for toasting breads, and sales tax added on to the toasting fees.
That is just absurd. I'd complain to the GM and if that does not work to Marriott Corporate.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Updated FL (and boy that took a while). Pleasantly surprised that more (not all) properties are offering full brekkie. Also, that some resorts (not all) are offering Platinums some extra bennies (and a couple offering something for Golds too).

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:30 pm

I was at the Renaissance in Amsterdam a month ago and the lunge was OPEN on the weekend.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:05 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
JW Marriott New Orleans

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Saw this on TripAdvisor and glad I checked. The weekend breakfast coupons for Platinums when the lounge is closed is no longer offered. I called the hotel to confirm this. As a result I will be cancelling my reservation here.
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Also just got an email back from JW Marriott New Orleans stating that they offer the 1000 points in compensation and will be getting themselves added to the policy exception list (matching the Marriott there).
The above is current for Plats and Golds as of 12/1014.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Norcross (Peachtree) / Marriott / CLOSED; COUPONS say continental, but good for full breakfast; Key accessible (not stocked on weekends); 1 i-net terminal in lounge with printer, free i-net printing in biz center; 20/12/14 update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.