Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:24 am

I know that Courtyards are conspicuously exempt from the Gold / Plat breakfast benefit, but that they are included in the Gold/Plat lounge access benefit.

Can anyone comment on how reliably the lounge access benefit is offered at Courtyards in China, India & Japan that have executive lounges? Going to have some extended stays coming up and don’t want to roll the dice on week+ stays if the benefit is hit or miss.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mster
I know that Courtyards are conspicuously exempt from the Gold / Plat breakfast benefit, but that they are included in the Gold/Plat lounge access benefit.

Can anyone comment on how reliably the lounge access benefit is offered at Courtyards in China, India & Japan that have executive lounges? Going to have some extended stays coming up and don’t want to roll the dice on week+ stays if the benefit is hit or miss.
Check post #1

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
* Myrtle Beach / Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes / (no reports as of 05/20/13; resort so probably no bennies other than free i-net & Plat arrival gift)

Just to confirm, there is no lounge and there are no Platinum benefits other than the arrival gift. They do charge an $18 per night per room resort fee, which includes internet access, so that isn't even a Platinum benefit.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Schaumburg / Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center; CLOSED; Coupon for weekend Gold/Plat; 07/31/14 update

I just know they close the lounge and have coupons. Didn't experience if it is full or continental.

Definitely a great spread for both breakfast and evening, one of the best I've seen this year in US.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, HHonors Diamond
UK Update

Maidstone / Kent / Tudor Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club / No Lounge; full breakfast daily for two
Still valid as of 19/07/14

Birmingham / Forest of Arden, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club / No Lounge; Full breakfast in restaurant for two;
as opposed to previous post given 1 drink voucher and choice of "welcome gift" (Bottle of white or red wine, sparekling or still water or late check-out at 2pm).

Funny, as "Priority late checkout" is a silver benefit anyway...
Valid as of 24/07/14
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
1) New York City/NY/USA/New York Marriott Downtown

2) *Lounge closed, continental only in restaurant – coupon

3) No

4) No idea

5) 8/2/14-8/3/14

NOTE: Continental breakfast included coffee and juice (orange or grapefruit). The limited menu had FOUR options. You can pick TWO. My coupon was for TWO people (each pick two items)
1. Cereal (standard little box)
2. NY bagel with cream cheese
3. Plain yogurt with berries, granola, and honey
4. “bread basket” with a cream cheese Danish, muffin (was orange/cranberry), and croissant

I ordered a side of sausage (for some protein!) and was willing to pay the $4 but was told not to worry about it. YMMV

BTW all the food was excellent – really above and beyond what I was expecting.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
I stayed in two properties over this weekend as a Gold Elite.

First property:

1) Livonia, MI USA - Detroit Marriott Livonia Hotel at Laurel Park

2) Lounge closed on weekend, received 2 $13 coupons. Coupon can be used at restaurant on site or for room service. Coupons usage is based on certain times. I received two because I only stayed a night and could use the coupon for Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Friday - 4pm - 11pm
Saturday/Sunday sometime in the morning until 11am and then 4pm to 11pm

Buffet breakfast on Saturday is 12.95, so this coupon covers it. It states that coupon doesn't apply to Sunday Brunch.

3) lounge is locked.

4) free i-net

5) Stayed Aug 1st - Aug 2nd

Second property:

1) City/State/Country/Property Name Ypsilanti, MI USA - Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti Eagle Crest

2) Lounge is closed. Can get full breakfast buffet at restaurant or 750 points

3) Loung is locked.

4) free i-net computers

5) Stayed Aug 2nd - Aug 3rd
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Washington DC / Marriott Marquis / OPEN (24/7 access); M Club, enforces guest+1 at the door during meal time; 08/03/14 update
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Vancouver / Marriott Pinnacle

Vancouver / Marriott Pinnacle. Update 8/5/14

CLOSED on weekends.

Not accessible on weekends.

Received coupons for "continental breakfast" in the restaurant. Server upgraded to full buffet breakfast.

Free I-net in lounge. No terminal.

ALSO: Hotel is enforcing "guest + 1" in the lounge for breakfast. Started 8/4/14.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The current description:
BELGIUM: Brussels / Renaissance Brussels / CLOSED on weekends; Also, lounge closed during the summer (July 21-August 25); breakfast in restaurant & certs for drinks/appetizers in the bar during summer closure; breakfast is in the restaurant during the weekend -- you get a voucher that entitles you to breakfast in the restaurant and drinks/appetizers in the bar on weekends; lounge is open during week;

I was there last week and the lounge is not closed for the summer. In fact, the lady at the front desk looked at me like I was deranged when I asked if it was. (I could be deranged, but that is not evidence thereof.) Lounge was closed on the weekend, with breakfast offered in the restaurant. No coupons, just show up and they know you get a free breakfast. It was the full buffet, not only Continental.

You can get into the lounge during the weekend with your room key. The coffee machine and tea service were available, as was the soft drink refrigerator...although the drinks had been mostly scavenged by the time I was there Saturday afternoon.

Corrected version:

Brussels / Renaissance Brussels / CLOSED on weekends; full buffet breakfast in the restaurant during weekend; lounge is open during week and key-accessible on the weekend;
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Update on the Frankfurt Marriott:

Frankfurt / Marriott / CLOSED; Choice between 750 points or voucher for continental breakfast for 2; i-net terminals; 08/08/14 update

Note: in room WiFi is Hospitality The Cloud, which limits you to 3 devices per room.

Update: used the voucher yesterday, provided it at the entrance, no further checks, so you can have the full breakfast with it.

GenevaFlyer

Last edited by GenevaFlyer; Aug 10, 2014 at 12:45 am Reason: Added update
Old Aug 9, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Same details that I posted on 06/18/2014, except that price for an additional breakfast as increased for $14.95 to $15.00.

1) USA / Iowa / Des Moines / Des Moines Marriott Downtown

2) Lounge is closed on weekends; "Continental Breakfast for two guests" coupon for restaurant; coupon is honored for FULL breakfast buffet for two; additional guests $15.00

3) Lounge is NOT accessible on the weekends for sodas/water

4) Free wireless Internet in lounge

5) 08/09/2014

Platinum arrival gift choice: 500 points or $10 FB credit coupon only

Notes: Lounge is on mezzanine level
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
AMS Renaissance Lounge hours, breakfast

I was confused regarding the hours and the breakfast arrangements for the club lounge at the Renaissance Amsterdam, so I contacted the hotel and here is their reply. Thanks to Baccarat King and to Sharon for their responses on the separate AMS thread (and to Sharon for maintaining this sticky!)

From the hotel:

The Lounge Opening Hours are: Daily from 06:00 – midnight

Breakfast hours: Monday to Friday from 06:30 – 10:30
Weekends breakfast can be enjoyed at our Restaurant Scossa, on the ground floor [This is the bit which confused me but it appears the lounge is open weekend mornings but no breakfast is served in the lounge, just in the restaurant.]

Tea Time: Daily from 15:00 – 17:30

Cocktail Hours: Daily from 17:30 – 21:30

On edit - I've been here now for several days. I can report that all of the above information,is correct. The lounge breakfast is Continental+, the + being some warmer trays of eggs bacon and sausages. The weekend breakfast in the restaurant is a full breakfast with full hot food including made to order omelets. The restaurant was packed to bursting, which may get better as the summer crush passes.

Also, be warned that the street construction in front of the hotel continues - the lounge is on the 1st floor (American 2nd floor) overlooking the street so you can keep an eye on their work ;-)

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Aug 18, 2014 at 10:26 am Reason: Updating
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Monterrey California, from virtual concierge email on 8/14/2014

As a Platinum Elite member you have a choice of complimentary continental breakfast for two adults seven days a week (children four and under eat free) in Three Flags Café from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., or 750 points each day you choose not to have breakfast.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Fisherman's Wharf Marriott San Francisco

Told full breakfast buffet at check in even though card still says continental. Also given two tickets for cocktails at check in. Very nice and good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.