Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches not honoring gov't rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches not honoring gov't rate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
I travel exclusively on a government rate and don't see a big deal here. If the individual hotels want to limit that rate, that should be their right to do so.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dd992emo
I travel exclusively on a government rate and don't see a big deal here. If the individual hotels want to limit that rate, that should be their right to do so.
Just like individual McDonald's should have the right not to sell Big Macs?

Marriotts are under contract to offer certain rates under certain rules.

If they don't honor contractual obligations as a Marriott franchisee, they should no longer be a Marriott hotel.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by judolphin
Just like individual McDonald's should have the right not to sell Big Macs?

Marriotts are under contract to offer certain rates under certain rules.

If they don't honor contractual obligations as a Marriott franchisee, they should no longer be a Marriott hotel.
MI's franchise agreements does not require a hotel to offer a government rate, it DOES require a hotel that chooses to offer a government rate to offer one equal to per diem
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dd992emo
I don't have a problem with any hotel limiting the number of rooms that they will book at the government rate. There are some MR properties where it is essentially impossible to get a government rate and that's fine. However, the point of the OP is that the property was allowing the gov rate for active duty military and not allowing it for civilian federal government employees on official travel. That contradicts Marriott's published policy:

http://www.marriott.com/File%20Block...eals/chart.htm
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I don't have a problem with any hotel limiting the number of rooms that they will book at the government rate. There are some MR properties where it is essentially impossible to get a government rate and that's fine. However, the point of the OP is that the property was allowing the gov rate for active duty military and not allowing it for civilian federal government employees on official travel. That contradicts Marriott's published policy:

http://www.marriott.com/File%20Block...eals/chart.htm
Correct. They need to follow the published policy.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus,Marriott Rewards,Priority Club,Hilton HHonors
I'm another govt contractor that for the most part has had no problems getting govt rate at Marriott's. In one case a CY refused govt rate while a FS in the same area didn't even ask for ID. I have just started seeing a requirement for use of a govt CC for payment when requesting govt rate. I've been plat for two years at Marriott and almost all those nights were at govt rate. Tomorrow I'll be checking in to CY after making a res at the govt rate. I need four more nights to make plat for next year. Hope they don't all get to picky about this as most Hilton properties offer a govt contractor rate, would like to keep my plat status at Marriott, but Hilton's diamond status also offers some nice perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.