Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Volcanic Eruption Related Refunds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic Eruption Related Refunds?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
For those looking for refunds, here is a message recently posted on the Marriott news feed on their website.

Marriott Responds to Volcanic Eruption in Iceland

We are currently waiving cancellation fees through 21 April, for guests holding existing reservations at all Marriott branded hotels and Ritz-Carlton hotels in the United Kingdom and select hotels elsewhere in Europe. We are assessing the policy in other affected markets around the world on a case-by-case and daily basis. Guests with pre-paid reservations and groups are asked to contact the hotel directly where they have reservations to discuss the options available to them.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I know this thread is about the volcano, but now that there are fires around Moscow creating dangerous air conditions in the city (smoke/haze), is Marriott issuing a similar policy for nonrefundable reservations? The US Embassy is advising tourists not to visit Moscow this week, but Im not sure what to do with our nonrefundable reservations. Any thoughts? Am outside the US and have no access to a phone so cant call MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.