Breakfast at Fairfield in USA

Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Breakfast at Fairfield in USA

On driving trips in the USA I usually go to RI and outside USA a full service Marriott but a trip takes through NC where a rockslide will put me into Hickory for one night. I have not been to Fairfield for a few years so what kind of Belgium waffle are they talking about for breakfast?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
I have not been to Fairfield for a few years so what kind of Belgium waffle are they talking about for breakfast?
They will probably have a waffle iron and some waffle batter in cups. You take a cup, pour it onto the waffle iron, close it. When it dings, you now have your waffle. If I remember the last couple of RIs I stayed at correctly, they had basically the same setup for their self-made waffles as well.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Typically the same make it your own Belgian Waffle you would get at an RI. Not as good as the ones you get at Full Service Marriotts but still perfectly acceptable. FI breakfast in general is fairly basic: cold cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, microwaveable Jimmy Dean Egg and Sausage sandwiches, fruit juice, coffee, and tea. Sometimes fruit is available as well. Bottom line, depending on your preferences, for a one night stay it is probably fine. After a few days it gets old due to the lack of selection.

--Jon
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
If its the same as RI then I am good for one night as I bring stuff to go with the waffles. Also some relief in that going into NC I will stay at the Asheville RI but unfortunately on a Monday when they no longer have an evening meal of any kind.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
...After a few days it gets old due to the lack of selection.
Amen! You know what never gets old? Hot cinnamon rolls from Holiday Inn Express. :-) Maybe its time again for Marriott to change things up at FI?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by ExCrew
You know what never gets old? Hot cinnamon rolls from Holiday Inn Express. :-)
+1 Operative word here is hot. Very tasty. A definite guilty pleasure. But they get rather gross after they've been sitting a while.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does anyone know if Fairfield Inn offers Breakfast on the go? Like Hampton Inn from Hilton they offer a baggie breakfast if you're in a rush.

I have a stay coming up at a Fairfield Inn but Breakfast doesnt start till 7am but I have to hit the road before then.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I haven't seen any ready go-bags at any Marriott brand. You can take whatever you want though, so bring a bag or container of your own.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Does anyone know if Fairfield Inn offers Breakfast on the go? Like Hampton Inn from Hilton they offer a baggie breakfast if you're in a rush.

I have a stay coming up at a Fairfield Inn but Breakfast doesnt start till 7am but I have to hit the road before then.
Get the baggie breakfast, but need some clarification. Are you saying that Hampton Inn has baggie bags near the door before breakfast actually starts?

If so, cool. Do you have to give advance notice the night before? Or do they just have some bags waiting by the door after brekkie officially starts?

Originally Posted by catocony
I haven't seen any ready go-bags at any Marriott brand. You can take whatever you want though, so bring a bag or container of your own.
RedElmo will be leaving 'before' breakfast starts, which is why he asked the question. Presumably there would be no food out at that time.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I'm surprised that breakfast doesn't start until 7:00 AM. Every place I've stayed its usually 6:30 or even 6:00 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:45 pm

I'm surprised that breakfast doesn't start until 7:00 AM. Every place I've stayed its usually 6:30 or even 6:00 AM.
Could be a weekday/weekend thing? A lot of properties (of any chain) start just a tad later on the weekends.

Also, 'hit the road' before then could - even on a weekday, especially if one has a 6am flight - mean anywhere from 4:30-5:00 am to starting time of brekkie, so the staff might not even be there when someone heads out the door if it's more than just a few minutes/set up time for brekkie.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
+1 Furthermore they are usually setting up breakfast 30 to 45 minutes before it officially starts. So just ask politely and I am sure they will let you take something from what is setup so far.

When going to the Duck, NC last summer, we left before the 6:00 AM breakfast started, and they were fine with us grabbing a few items to go. Mention it at check in and see if they can do anything for you. I find most limited service properties, especially FI's, to be fairly accommodating. YMMV...

--Jon
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Get the baggie breakfast, but need some clarification. Are you saying that Hampton Inn has baggie bags near the door before breakfast actually starts?

If so, cool. Do you have to give advance notice the night before? Or do they just have some bags waiting by the door after brekkie officially starts?

I'm not sure if they have it before breakfast starts but I know they have it. I have asked to have one ready before and it worked.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:49 pm

Ya its a weekend thing. I called and asked. They said it starts at 7:00
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Ya its a weekend thing. I called and asked. They said it starts at 7:00
Well that's not unique to Marriott. I've stayed at plenty of chains that don't start their breakfast as early on the weekend as they do during the week, and that includes both limited & full-service properties.

What time are you actually heading out the door?

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.