Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
* All rooms are suites at this property. Only difference is some have french doors between the living area & bedroom, and others don't. Ask for a room facing the Wynn - better view. All rooms have programmable safes in the closet.

* PAG is $10FB coupon or 500 points.

* There is not an executive lounge. Gold/Plats get free breakfast in the restaurant - either buffet breakfast or main item off the menu. No coupons. Server will just ask for your room number.

* Gold/Plats get free hi-speed internet ($12.95 option), which also includes 3 devices. Free wifi in the public areas for all guests, whether elite or not.

* Walking distance to monorail or to the strip where one can catch the Deuce bus that runs along the strip. If you have a car, $10.00 per day self parking fee.

* Staff some of the friendliest/helpful in the entire Marriott chain!

* Detailed trip report in this post; it's a year or so old but still pretty accurate:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13803161-post76.html
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
Sound like incompetence. You should have pursued it.
We did pursue it, both with the hotel and the Platinum Desk. The Platinum Desk said it was up to the hotel and if they said they would not accept it, that was the final word.

Ultimately, we chose to book a different hotel because of it.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerwife
We did pursue it, both with the hotel and the Platinum Desk. The Platinum Desk said it was up to the hotel and if they said they would not accept it, that was the final word.

Ultimately, we chose to book a different hotel because of it.
You were given incorrect info by the customer service person you spoke to at the platinum line. Based on stories reported in numerous threads here, it is not surprising that you were given wrong info. Disappointing, but not surprising. I'm assuming, of course, that when you made the advance reservation, you confirmed the use of the certificate at that time.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by VA1379
Marriott Suites are considered FS Marriott with regards to Bonus Bucks.
MHRS is the common designation for all Marriott full service hotels. It stands for Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites.

As far as I know, MHRS has always been considered to be one "brand."
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by ohmark
You were given incorrect info by the customer service person you spoke to at the platinum line. Based on stories reported in numerous threads here, it is not surprising that you were given wrong info. Disappointing, but not surprising. I'm assuming, of course, that when you made the advance reservation, you confirmed the use of the certificate at that time.
The Platinum Desk as documented here is pretty much useless. You have to contact Mr. Marriott's office for any meaningful problem resolution.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:24 am

Not to divert from the OPs question, but my experience with the Anaheim Marriott Suites not accepting my EEO (buy one weekend night, get one free) cert was that I called ahead to the hotel to ask if they would accept the cert; they said no.

As they were not on the list of excluded hotels, I called the Platinum line to get a verification. There I was told that the hotel has final word. Again, I called the hotel and they said they are not participating in the EEO offer. (Note that the terms on the back of the EEO have never specifically addressed Marriott Suites.)

Personally, I've stayed at the Anaheim Marriott Suites before and was not too pleased with their customer service anyway. On that occasion, I had reserved a 2 br suite and specified that there were 5 guests. I checked in at midnight with 3 kids in tow (obvious) and was given a key to what turned out to be a King suite. Only found out as I walked into the room. The front desk said they were full and could not accommodate my room request. They also stated that they had no available rollaways. The fact that I am a ten year Marriott Platinum member meant nothing to them, and, in fact, I had to make calls to the front desk for an hour (now it's 1am) before they finally confirmed that they couldn't find a rollaway.

I would never stay there again by choice, but our latest trip to Anaheim was for a family wedding and I was trying to stay there to accommodate other members of our extended family. My personal favorite area hotel is the full service Anaheim Marriott (where I have always received over the top service) but the rate was too high for our relatives.

Ultimately, we stayed at the TownePlace Suites Anaheim and the stay was fine, but the Anaheim Suites has done little to convince me to ever return there.

I didn't think to call Mr. Marriotts office. I save that for times when I've had excellent customer service. This surely was not one of those. Just easier to stay at a more accommodating hotel.

Back to the OP, when it comes to Bonus Bucks, PPs or EEOs, I prefer to call ahead just to be sure that there will be no surprises upon check-in. In certain areas such as Anaheim, Las Vegas (where we were also treated shabbily by the Renaissance), Orlando, etc. there are just way too many hotel choices/room rates to find out at check-in that you are not getting the deal you hoped you were.

And as an aside, I've only been able to use EEOs once or twice in all the years that Marriott has been sending them. I'll finally be using one in a few weeks at the Renaissance in Chicago.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
MHRS is the common designation for all Marriott full service hotels. It stands for Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites.

As far as I know, MHRS has always been considered to be one "brand."
You're dating yourself (and myself)..MHRS is these days known as MHR, RHRS is also now known as RHR (the switch happened sometime ago also I still use MHRS, heck I even refer to elite members are Club Marquis members)
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
\
I didn't think to call Mr. Marriotts office. I save that for times when I've had excellent customer service. This surely was not one of those. Just easier to stay at a more accommodating hotel.
I would encourage you to either contact the GM, send an email or write a letter (myself I would start with the GM and progress from there)
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:48 pm

Not to divert from the OPs question, but my experience with the Anaheim Marriott Suites not accepting my EEO (buy one weekend night, get one free) cert was that I called ahead to the hotel to ask if they would accept the cert; they said no.

As they were not on the list of excluded hotels, I called the Platinum line to get a verification. There I was told that the hotel has final word. Again, I called the hotel and they said they are not participating in the EEO offer. (Note that the terms on the back of the EEO have never specifically addressed Marriott Suites.)
Thanks for the clarification. The procedure I use for the EEO's is the one outlined on the certificate, that is to make the reservation using Marriott telephone reservations and mention to the reservation agent that you intend using an EEO. That way the agent confirms the reservation with the usage of an EEO. If the hotel refuses to allow usage of the certificate when you show up at the hotel, they clearly have violated the rules. But I don't remember any thread here where a hotel has done such. I understand that some folks simply make a reservation using the Marriott website and add a note that they will be using an EEO. I've always been leery of doing this because the reservation would only have my note as to the EEO, and because I've always assumed that the EEO is capacity controlled.

That said, you were given wrong info by the hotel and the platinum phone line.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:57 pm

Duplicate
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Marriott Platinum, Southwest RR
Las Vegas Marriott

I am going to Vegas in May. I have to attend a trade show from Monday to Thursday where work has me staying at the Luxor. I am planning on staying a few extra days, probably the Sturday night before (May 8th) and the Thursday/Friday night after (May13th & 14th). I see there are not to many Full service options in Vegas for Marriott. I am Gold level so I wanted a concierge lounge for Thursday at least. Does anyone have suggestions on the Marriotts in Vegas? Is the Renaissance the way to go? Or is it worth it to forget the Marriott and stay at a Vegas hotel? I stayed at the Palms a few years ago and thought it was Very nice, but I would like the credits for Marriott if its a nice hotel. Thanks for the help as always!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
If you don't mind the drive, I would suggest the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa. It's a lot lower key than the crowds you'll find at the hotels on the strip. I don't know what type of atmosphere you want, but if you're looking for a comfy hotel room without the noise and rowdy crowds, this is it. The rooms are quite a good value for the money most of the year. The hotel puts on a good breakfast buffet, which I believe you should get as a Gold member. (It's been about three years, but I remember getting the vouchers without asking because of my status. You might want to call the hotel to verify.) There are a lot of on site dining options as well as chain restaurants down the street from the hotel for lunch and dinner.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you don't have a car, then probably the Renaissance or Las Vegas Marriott would fit the bill. Renaissance does have a exec lounge, although not open on the weekends. Envy, the high-end restaurant on site, is actually pretty good.

Vegas Marriott used to be Marriott Suites, so it's an all-suite hotel (has a small bar & cafe onsite I've been told; I'm staying there starting next week for a trade show). Has free brekkie if you've got status & free i-net.

Neither is on the strip, but also not that far away. If you want to get a bit outside Vegas, then I'd follow the poster above me's recommendation.

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
I also agree with the JW but I don't think you will get breakfast comped. I was there in Dec and didn't. I also stayed at the Marriott (Suites) in Dec and while the hotel was OK, the rooms were a little tired. If you want to stay in town the Ren IMHO is the better choice. Make sure to get a room with a view of the Wynn golf course.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
I would suggest the Renaissance, have stayed there twice... both on 7 day redemptions.

Have found the staff helpfull, the restaurant great, very easy to get monorail onto strip plus it out of the way so your not kept up all night, pretty good view of the strip + Wynn golf course.

I would definately stay there again if going to vegas
Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
I agree with others on Ren and Marriott,though a bit out of the way. I recently tried the Marriott Grand Chateau. Timeshare that is also in the family. Good location. No breakfast or lounge. Next to Planet Hollywood. New Nice place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.