FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Updated Account at a Glance- Now includes Total Membership Nights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1053296-updated-account-glance-now-includes-total-membership-nights.html)

adammarcw Feb 18, 2010 5:39 am

Updated Account at a Glance- Now includes Total Membership Nights

Name: Adam XXXXXX
Account number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Membership Level: Platinum
Point Balance: 128,832 points
Total Membership Nights: 510
Rollover Nights: 73
Update information in your user profile

Nights this year:
You have stayed 94 nights this year. You need 0 more night to maintain Platinum level.

Exciting, I always wondered but never called enough to care!

Edit: So after this year all I will have to do is wait 6 years and my lifetime silver card will come, right?

aaupgrade Feb 18, 2010 6:25 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ip-nights.html

adammarcw Feb 18, 2010 6:29 am

mod's please merge

I swear! I searched first.
Sorry I missed it. How did I not notice this over the last month?

bitburgr Feb 18, 2010 6:41 am

Originally Posted by adammarcw (Post 13412768)
Nights this year:
You have stayed 94 nights this year. You need 0 more night to maintain Platinum level.

94 nights?! That's a lot of rollover nights (I'm guessing).

aaupgrade Feb 18, 2010 7:25 am

Originally Posted by bitburgr (Post 13412986)
94 nights?! That's a lot of rollover nights (I'm guessing).

No guessing needed, his OP shows 73 rollover nights.

ttusqrl Feb 18, 2010 7:46 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 13413207)

And those count double. Nice little deal there!

bitburgr Feb 18, 2010 10:43 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 13413207)

Huh...didn't see that line (obviously).

moman Feb 18, 2010 1:42 pm

228 nights here.

Nice touch Marriott! Going for 1000 nights......

adammarcw Feb 18, 2010 11:32 pm

after 150?

I only got to control which hotel I got to stay in about two years ago, or I would have more.
when i hit 150 this year should I try for *wood or hilton status?
Maybe swing back into marriott for megabonus times?
I think the nights only roll over one year, and Marriott said rollover will be back for 2010 i think, so if i clear platinum till the end of 2012 by june think it's worth seeing what else is out there? I probably wont, but would consider it.

I am tired of not having conditioner in the bathroom, and I don't think any other hotel does that. Also there has been a few vacation spots i have looked in counties marriott doesn't do biz or have any partners. Most of Scandinavia and Iceland come to mind, and as nice as the courtyard is in ginza it would be nice to have some options in tokyo again. I stayed at the ritz and it was amazing, but did it burn some points.

brad9696 Feb 19, 2010 3:27 am

Originally Posted by adammarcw (Post 13412768)
Name: Adam XXXXXX
Account number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Membership Level: Platinum
Point Balance: 128,832 points
Total Membership Nights: 510
Rollover Nights: 73
Update information in your user profile

Nights this year:

Exciting, I always wondered but never called enough to care!

Edit: So after this year all I will have to do is wait 6 years and my lifetime silver card will come, right?

310 Membership nights for me. Guess I will get to 1 year at Marriott soon. Thats scary

aaupgrade Feb 19, 2010 6:28 am

Originally Posted by adammarcw (Post 13419064)
I only got to control which hotel I got to stay in about two years ago, or I would have more.

Well I control where I stay, of course I also personally pay for my stays. My guess is you were referring to work having control over where you stay, either that or you got a new spouse/SO that now lets you choose. ;)

Also there has been a few vacation spots i have looked in counties marriott doesn't do biz or have any partners. Most of Scandinavia and Iceland come to mind

New hotel in Stockholm: http://news.marriott.com/2010/02/cou...andinavia.html

FWIW, I stay where I like and where I can get the best rate. I like FS Marriotts, Westins, SPG Luxury Collection, and St. Regis. The occasional Hyatt isn't bad, but they usually aren't where I am going. I stay at Hilton when I can't find one of those previously mentioned, in Cairns for example. That Hilton, like most I have stay at, is ho hum.

Starting about 4-6 months ago I started checking the competition in addition to the Marriott properties at the locations I plan to frequent in the coming 12 months. So far Marriott FS has had the best rates compared to the other listed above, with minor exceptions (LAX Westin was a better deal than the MR or RN when I booked, now they are on par for my June dates).

dan1431 Feb 19, 2010 6:38 am

Total Night 1458....I need a life.

ttusqrl Feb 19, 2010 7:08 am

when i hit 150 this year should I try for *wood or hilton status?
Maybe swing back into marriott for megabonus times?
I think the nights only roll over one year, and Marriott said rollover will be back for 2010 i think, so if i clear platinum till the end of 2012 by june think it's worth seeing what else is out there? I probably wont, but would consider it.

I am tired of not having conditioner in the bathroom, and I don't think any other hotel does that. Also there has been a few vacation spots i have looked in counties marriott doesn't do biz or have any partners. Most of Scandinavia and Iceland come to mind, and as nice as the courtyard is in ginza it would be nice to have some options in tokyo again. I stayed at the ritz and it was amazing, but did it burn some points.

I just switched to SPG. I made platinum at MR again this year, but after doing all of my honeymoon planning (and it still continues), I'm realizing that Marriott just doesn't cut it overseas. Don't get me wrong, they have hotels in most big cities and they are amazing in the US, but exotic locations not so much.

Stayed at a Westin this week and the level of service compared to a FS Marriott or Ren is remarkable. IMHO, it's a shame that I made the switch. I was loyal to MR for years and never even considered going over. I guess everyone has a tipping point.

bsdstone Feb 19, 2010 8:33 am

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 13420162)
Total Night 1458....I need a life.

YES YOU DO!!! ;)

I only have 220 nights lifetime nights with Marriott, but they typically only get my business when they run promos.
What does it take to get lifetime gold?

ttusqrl Feb 19, 2010 8:55 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone (Post 13420883)
YES YOU DO!!! ;)

I only have 220 nights lifetime nights with Marriott, but they typically only get my business when they run promos.
What does it take to get lifetime gold?

1.6 million points, 800 nights, and 12 years with at least 1 year at gold