Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Residence Inn vs. Courtyard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:22 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
IMO:

All 3 generally are cheaply built so noise can be a problem - always ask for the top floor.

Can't stand the standard CY with the bathroom behind the bed and the cheap mustard yellow foam blankets and tiny TV. Never, ever got any sort of upgrade at a CY and the staff tends to be the least caring to any problem / issue / request. Breakfast always extra unless included in the rate (often an extra $5 in the room rate gets it).

RI are very generous in giving me (PLT) a 2 BR when booking a studio - paid or on points. Often I book 2 studios (on points) with an upgrade request - then cancel one at the Front Desk after seeing a 2BR come through with no problem even after deadline. Decent full breakfast and fireplaces in most rooms. Love the old style Penthouse apts (outside entrance style) but these are being coming rare. Nicest staff, full kitchen is nice. My first choice after a FS especially when traveling with family despite the 1/2 points. Sometimes you just have to put comfort first.

SHS seem to all have the window HVAC system that clunks on/off all night. Can hear the toilet flush in the next room, TV on a swivel between the half wall "rooms" and NO HBO or CNBC if that is important to you.
Breakfast generally cold including hard boiled eggs, sometimes egg patties/waffles and oatmeal too.

So for me, its earn at FS, redeem at RI, SHS if I'm point ho'ing. Newer FI's & TPS's are approaching RI standards except for the hot breakfast.

Obviously I've put too much time & thought into this analysis over the years from real experience, RI consistently fits my needs, YMMV.

Last edited by joshua362; Dec 5, 2009 at 9:27 pm Reason: final thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.